Closed Thread
Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the tips girls... I ended up seeing the Dr to put my mind at ease and everything appears to be okay. I'm a little more embarrassed than anything and a little sore.... but as long as everything is fine then I'm happy. grrr stupid stairs!!

sparkles - welcome back!! Good luck for the ob appointment and hospital tour. Very exciting!

jetgirl - woo hoo on finding extra annual leave. Sorry you can't use it to drop to 4 days... maybe DH will change his mind as time goes on and you start struggling even more.

nikki - it must be so infuriating not being able to dry your washing easily. You're good washing baby stuff. i haven't done any baby washing. I figured I'd wait until I start Mat. leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nikki08: what sneaky rain!! Didnt it know you had important washing you wanted to get done? hehe Hope it stopped enough for you to run out and save it from the weather

Jetgirl: no carb loading is making you eat more carbs than normal so that your body is already sort of overloaded and then when they make you drink the sugar drink it becomes even more so and your body has to process all that extra sugar. It's not a lot of fun. I have to start it all tomorrow *sigh* i dont eat a lot of carbs naturally so it will be interesting!
    Pity DH wants the extra $ but maybe he'll come around closer to when the baby is due. I stopped work at 34w with dd and so glad that i did - would have had to stop anyways as i was hospitalized for high blood pressure for 4 days and had to be more restful than work would allow.

sparklesare: welcome back to the land downunder. Hope your app with the ob goes well tomorrow and that everything at the hosp is good.

allyoop8: im with you on being hot all the time. Canberra's weather is driving me nuts that i cant wait for autumn to arrive! We have aircon and i still live at home in my undergarmets

angeleish: glad you saw the DR and that your mind if now at ease always better to be safe than sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Angeleish glad to hear all is well. Don't be embarrassed, you did the right thing. Make the doc earn his money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    angeleish - I'm not normally such a laundry enthusiaist but because of that I figured I'd start early. Glad to hear bubs is doing well

JetGirl - I say lay on the guilt trip nice and thick, the reality is that you might not be able to work for as long as you like. My sister was sure she'd work right up until 36 weeks fulltime but by 34 weeks she had to go to part time because she just found it was too hard, driving to work, walking up and down stairs, sitting at her desk all day, carpal tunnel etc. Time will tell if you can make it through or whether for you health and that of bubs it's better you slow down. Plus you might go into labour early like my sister did and have no choice. DH better get used to the fact that babies aren't really in the least bit concerned by our well laid plans and timelines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Just a quick question - when are you meant to do the GTT (where you drink the sugar drink and they take blood to check for diabetes?)

My OB gave me a request form for it at my last appointment but didn't specify when to actually do the test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily: it's usually done between 26-28w.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily - I have to have mine at my 28 week appointment (but due to my schedule and the obs not meeting it will actually be at 29 weeks).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls - guess I better do it tomorrow then as I'm now 28 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lily 28 weeks!!! You're on the home run now!!! Congrats!!! 12 to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gals.
    Went shopping with mumma again tonight bought myself some cute leggings and a maternity cardi and bought bob some nappies- the huggie NB ones were on special at safeway for $33 so I grabbed another box am very tired now!!!

Sparkle- welcome home hope tomorrow goes well xxx
    Earthangel- I still don't understand the benefit/purpose to carb loading? Speak to me like I am 4 years old
    Angeleish- glad all is ok and don't feel silly!!!
    Ally- hope u are looking after yourself and not working too hard xx
    Lilyj- 28 weeks OMG!!! How exciting!
    Nikki- I have washed a few things too but I secretly love doing laundry- serious

well night girls.. I am going to be one cranky mama2b in the morning lol