Closed Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jet Girl... peeing heaps also and it is never a satisfying one either... yep at least 2-3 times per night.

I must dig into the depths of my email inbox and find those birth plans .. will try and get them up before i go to work.... standby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JetGirl - we've had guests and been holidaying over the last few weeks and sex has been hard to get into, but I have to say I find it important to connect with DH especially as I am aware that once bubs comes along there may be a drought for a while. At first it freaked me out a bit having a bump there getting in the way, especially when I feel them kicking. However I've noticed (must be biological response) but when we get down to it, bubs goes to sleep or just goes quiet like they are trying to respect our privacy. Which is a relief because I think that would be too big a distraction, like there is someone else in the room with us. Luckily bubs has absolutely no idea what is going on, and I did read somewhere that the hormones you produce during sex are actually like a mild sedative to bub making them feel relaxed, so they probably just go to sleep.

Earthangel - I wasn't sure about doing a birthplan at first, it was DH who did the research because he was beginning to get the feeling that I needed to collect my thoughts and go into it feeling more confident and in control. My birth plan includes what I want if I have a C-section and I want DH with me and to be given the chance to BF and hold bubs straight away not have them whisked away for tests unless necessary. I hope I don't have to have a C-section but I'd like to be prepared so I still feel like I am somewhat in control.

As for the peeing, yep I feel I have to pee all the time lately. Then again when bubs kicks I think they kick my bladder because it hurts and then I have to pee. They have strong little legs now!

AFM: had my antenatal check today and the doctor told me that my 3kg weight gain was fine and that bubs was growing fine. I was a bit worried I wasn't gaining enough but he said the baby will just take what they need from me and as long as I don't feel tired or worn down and the belly measurements are all on track I should just keep going as I have been. I was quite relieved that my fussiness over food wasn't hurting the baby. I think having a bit of pre-baby padding didn't hurt

Has anyone done their glucose tests yet? I have mine in about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done with the check Nikki that's great news about the weight. My OB said he'd give me a referral for the glucose test at the next checkup in 3 weeks. You're making me feel guilty about the sex thing now, I really must give it a try!!!
    Surfergal, ditto with the unsatisfactory weeing! I'm assuming it's cos our bladders are getting squished...

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - I think after any abstinence it's the first time back into it that's the most daunting and after that you wonder why you held off. At least that's what I've found. I'm more worried about getting back into it after the baby is born and how I'll feel about my body...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So far I haven't found the peeing factor too bad. The first trimester was hideous with 3-4 toilet trips per night. Now I'm down to 1-2.... I've always had shocking night time peeing habbits so maybe I'm just used to getting up and going!!

I can't remember who said that they have to trot downstairs to go the bathroom...... whoever that was......you have my sympathy!!

I haven't done a birth plan yet, was going to wait until my classes to find out more about how my hospital works before getting too far into it. In saying that though, I do agree with being prepared for a c/s just in case.

angel2mummy - Glad that you are now home. Sounds still quite painful you poor thing. It must be good being in your own bed and environment. Keep us posted on your progress. BTW I think you meant to pass on your best wishes/thoughts to earthangel not myself.... I'm sure she understands the confusion (there are a few of us with names with "angel" in them)

earthangel - Thinking of you today. It can't be easy and I'm glad to hear that you and DH have something special planned to remember your DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    angel2mummy: glad to hear you're out of hospital now and are recovering well

nikki08: Sounds like you've got a good birth plan going and yes the whole bit about if you end up with a cesear i think is quite important but sounds like you've got a good idea and are well on your way! I need to get cracking on mine!

As for the Glucose test - ill be doing mine probably next Friday. Obs wanted me to have it done before i saw him next which is Feb 1. I'm having it done so early due to having PCOS which puts me at higher risk of getting it. I'm really hoping that it stays away! Otherwise i may not get my VBAC.

Jetgirl: sex is good - especially in the later weeks when you're so over your pg as the prolastins (or something like that) found in semen actually help to soften the cervix and prepare you for labour and if your body is ready can actually start labour for you!

ive had a semi productive morning writing up listings to sell some of our furniture we need to get rid of, some baby items and some girls toys i dont need. Now i feel sleepy LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok lovely ladies.. here is my friends birth plan. I will put her baby number two birth plan up as the first one is a little more complex, this one is more simple!

* Aiming for a natural, drug free birth, would like to try water birth
    * I do not want to be offered drugs, only disucss options if I ask for them
    * To use natural methods for pain relief as much as possible water/heat/aromatherapy/massage
    * Try to use hypnobirthing relaxation methods
    * Will be guided by my midwife re advice. If they tell me I need to do something/have something done, DH will reinforce this tome. I trust them.
    *If emergency/need for transfer all reasons will be clearly explained and various options if there are any to be discussed and time given for decision making. Obviously the overall safety of both myself and the baby are paramount. (This birth was conducted in a 'birthing centre' where there were only midwives present, any emergency situation and the pt must be transfered to the local base hospital)
    * Try to avoid tearing at all costs. Birth in L lateral or hands and knees. Water hot compressto help if possible
    * DH to recieve the baby if possible
    * DH to announce the sex of the baby
    * Maximum time possible of skin to skin contact after birth no rush for the clamping cutting of cord. Allow to breastfeed if possible.
    * I understand if you have water birth to be out of tub for 3rd stage
    * No rush for baby to be cleaned, weighed etc
    * If emergency C required minimise time away from baby and have baby in recovery if possbile for skin to skin feeding
    * Happy for active management of 3rd stage
    * DH to video birth if possible
    * Photos immediately after birth - can be taken by staff. I'd really like to have some fo the 3 of us as soon as possible. Happy for staff to take the photos during birth
    * No phone calls directed to room whilst in labour. Messages can be passed onto DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surfergirl - thanks for sharing, mine is very similar to that. I also included that I want to be able to move around and be monitored intermittently unless baby needed more monitoring, that DH be allowed in with me if I have C-section and that the baby be placed on me straight away and all other things like weighing can wait until I've been given a chance to bond.

Another thing I told DH was that under no circumstances was he to let our baby out of his sight. If I can't go with them somewhere he had to. He finds this amusing but I figure I'm going to be very attached to the little person I've been carrying around for 9 months and to have them whisked away for tests would distress me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is really helpful seeing people's birth plans, thanks girls.
    Angeleish I too am going to wait & see what the classes say, cos since they're run by the hospital, I should get a better idea of what the options are. But it definitely makes sense to write my own thoughts down now while I think of them. I think I'll be doing that tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea jetgirl. Writing your ideas (and questions) down sounds like a good start.

I think my only big request is that if I have a c/s I would like for the baby to stay with me and DH in recovery if at all possible. I know some places can't always do this though. If it isn't possible, then I want DH to stay with the baby (like Nikki mentioned), but also want to make sure that no family etc see/hold baby until I'm out of recovery and have had my chance to bond first. I just can't bear the thought of someone other than DH getting to bond with baby before me. (I have heard of this happening!)

oh and for the record.... 25 weeks today!!