Closed Thread
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning Lovlies

Well I have already killed an hour at work- the server was down and has just come back up YAY. I am going to wait 2 weeks then if my work load is still slow I am going to have to say something- I am struggling to get through the 9 hour day! I reckon I can do my work in 5 hours easy.

Nikki- I had KFC, soo naughty but soo yummy lol. Even though I was knackered I jumped on the treadmill for 20 mins for a gentle walk (first time in ages) I am going to try and do this daily as I felt better afterwards.

Cat- I hate Mylanta. I bought some and its GROSS lol. I like quickeze.

Earth- Yes this baby likes to change positions- fair bit of room in there for them to do so! lol. I am working Monday as I am saving up my a/l but it will be dead anyway. Over the weekend/Tuesday I want to catch up on some dvd's, sleep lol, see my mumma, pop into baby bunting and start working on a piece of furniture for the baby room- I have this great big timber tallboy that DH and I are going to strip, sand and paint white.

Jetgirl- your weekend sounds awesome! I love pav!

btw.. i think this baby has had a growth spurt. My tummy is really hard and pronounced lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow Hopeful good on you with the walking. Having a treadmill at home is very handy for that eh! Hope you have fun doing the tallboy what a great idea. I think DH will start sanding & painting our new rocking chair this weekend, yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hopeful - you are probably having braxton hicks contractions. I started noticing them a few weeks ago, but found out they actually start around 13 weeks not that you feel or notice them then. Your tummy gets hard and pronounced and stays like that for a minute or so before relaxes again, the bigger you get the more you notice them. Some days I get them quite often, other days barely at all.

Your Australia Day sounds fun but way too active for me at the moment. I was in bed by 9pm and still didn't get up until 6:30, I slept solidly through the night and I think it will be an early one again for me.
    on the walking though, your attitude should inspire me to do some again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha thanks girls but beleive me, i need to do the walking! I want to do baby boot camp after baby is born. I want to lose the baby weight plus all my other weight lol.

Yeah I have been thinking about these braxton hicks thingies- at night my stomach seems to move up and squash me lol and then it makes it hard to breath- like i have just eaten a huge meal lol. BTW Nikki your dream does sound interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nikki I'm so jealous that you slept through the whole night! I am soooooooooo tired Keep getting woken up by pain or pee!!! LOL

Hopeful I plan on going for walks every day with the buggy once the baby is born and there's a mum & bubs exercise class round our way once a week so I'll do that too. I reckon the thousand trips a day to the washing line will also help LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - when I first started getting the braxton hicks contractions I thought it was the baby moving into an uncomfortable position and pushing against my belly, but now I realise it's just the whole uterus tensing up. Mostly happens when I am lying down or in bed at night, but I have occasionally noticed it during the day, that my belly feels like it's firmer and higher. I've read that as your pregnancy goes on it becomes more and more noticeable because your uterus becomes the biggest and strongest muscle in your body.

Don't worry, I need to do some toning up too, I am almost dreading the post baby weight exercise regime. I am going to need to hit that treadmill after bubs is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh yeah and i think i am having late onset morning sickness. I spoke too soon when I told everone i didnt have any ms.. second morning i have woken up feeling severely and i am hungry but i feel too sick to make myself something, lol.

I googled it this morning and appears ms at my stage is not unheard of. Its annoying but lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw no Hopeful! I had no idea it could come back!!! But I suppose it does make sense cos having something moving around so much down there has to be messing with whatever causes people to feel sick LOL
    I havent felt any BHs at all, wonder when I will...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki/Jet- I don't actually drive but i live 10 min walk away from my local shopping centre that has everything so I will spend lots of time walking there with baby- which will help lose some weight too. Last two nights I have peed less thank god- 1-2 times rather than 3-4 times. Its just funny because previously I would NEVER wake up at night for a pee run lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - I've read some people don't get or notice braxton hicks, and a lot of women have reported noticing them more in subsequent pregnancies. So maybe you either won't get them or you won't feel them. They don't hurt, they just tense the muscles up.
    http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/laborbasics/a/bhctx.htm

Hopeful - yeah I heard about m/s returning around this time. I've not had it as bad, but I am finding my stomach turning at foods. Last night I was cooking dinner and I had to get DH to take over because the cooking meat was making me sick, then I couldn't even eat it so I ate a salad roll instead So don't worry you are not alone.