ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Swine Flu Vax for Children??

Hey there,

Just a quick question - has anyone had any experience with their children having the Swine Flu vax? I have a nearly 4yo and a 2yo, and am trying to decide whether to have them get the Swine Flu vax as for some reason the idea of giving it to them makes me nervous. My DH has had it and I will be getting it.
    If anyone has any helpful links - for or against - regarding the Swine Flu vax for kids, (not really interested in links regarding other vaccinations thanks as my decision on those has already been made and I am happy with my decision!!), I would very much appreciate it.
    Or if you have had any experience with kids of similar age receiving the vax and are happy to share it with me that would be an immense help.
    And please - I am not wanting this to turn into a vax or don't vax debate - just wanting some good, valid, (preferably based on Australian research), information to help me make a decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Considering it was only approved for children a few weeks ago, you probably won't find much information other than it has been pronounced safe in that agegroup. There is a thread on the vaccine here

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=273071

If you trawl through that you'll get plenty of thoughts and opinions for and against.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Myself and my 18mtn old were vaccinated last week against Swine Flu (He also had his Chicken Pox Vax)

Children under 9 need two doses,within the year, though at least a month apart. So my wee fella will have his second dose when the Seasonal Fluvax comes out later this year (as this will also contain Swine Flu)

Neither of us appear to have any side effects. My arm was less sore then it;s been with previous doses of Seasonal Flu vax

I chose to vax as I'm a healthcare worker and my DS goes to Child Care.