+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default has anyone had success with

Tizzie Hall routines?

At the moment dd2 is very unsettled and is sleeping alot during the day but when she is awake she is screaming and wants to be held and is awake most of the night, at the moment we are doing well as dh is home and he has been great with the housework, cooking and looking after dd1 and ds but next week he goes back to work so i think that i am going to struggle a little if dd2 continues being so unsettled.... i am also not able to just let her cry so holding her all day and trying to keep things happening at home is going to be hard, I also feel as though I am neglecting my other 2 a little as well.

Has anyone had their 4 week old in some sort of routine?? How long did it take to work?

I never had a routine with dd1 and she is still a nightmare to get to sleep. I took ds to sleep school when he was 6 mths old and since 8 mths of age he has been and still is a dream sleeper.

what are your thoughts and experiences

thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup we have been doing SOS Tizzie's routine since DS was about 2 weeks old and they are great.
    You have to really want to do it and stick to it though i think for them to succeed. Also if you have other people looking after bub you need to make sure they are on the same page as you.. (mother's and MIL can be difficult we found.. )

DS is now nearly 9 months old and is fine, goes to sleep 98% of the time by himself and sleeps through from 7am till abut 6 or 6.30am.
    You do have the odd terror night, which we did last night but I think thats normal with kids isnt it?

Im at the stage where ill keep following the sleep routines but when DS hits 9 months ill change the bottles a bit, as bub gets older they are a bit difficult to follow if your child is in daycare as I am finding. But try your best & see how you go.

Also a lot of people are negative about these routines because of the 'controlled crying' but Tizzie doesnt actually do CC its 'self settling' so its not about leaving your baby to cry themselves to sleep its about settling them without picking them up & leaving them once settled, if they start to get upset leave them for a few minutes then repeat.
    if you need anything feel free to PM me.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    'thanks so much Kobi's mama,

i am going to give it a try starting tomorrow and see how she goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a go at her routines when DD was 4 weeks old I used the BF routines but it just did not work out as I preferred to feed her on demand. I also found it impossible to spend at least 20 minutes settling her to sleep and then resettling her for another 20 minutes if she woke before the specified time, with a very ferral DS running around the house investing 40 precious minutes at least 3 times a day is a bit unrealistic. My DD was a catnapper from birth 20 minutes at a time (a little better at night but not much) we did sleep school all that stuff to no avail, finally at 15 months we managed to get her to sleep through the night but still never got her past a 40 minute catnap in the day! She is now 2 1/2 and has just started having up to a 3 hour nap everday - and it is bliss well worth the wait! Good luck
    My suggestion would be to invest in a good babysling and carry her around with you during the day she will probably sleep better for it some bubs just like the physical contact. I learnt after DS 1 that there is no use in fighting a losing battle so I just decided to go with the flow for DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The routines are very strict and didnt really work for me (i am not a routine person tho) BUT i have a couple of friends you swear by her books!!!

Best of luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too found the Save Our Sleep routines a little too strict for my bub. Although I did get some good ideas from the book and was able to adapt it to suit me and bub. Actually I took the bits of SOS as well as Jo Ryan's Baby Bliss that worked for us and used them as a guide to create a routine that fitted our lifestyle. In the end I think it's a matter of sticking to whatever you choose to do, however you also need to be flexible as bub's routine will continue to change and change (and change! ) as they grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Tizzie's routines for both my boys and our friends are jealous as we have excellent sleepers, even when we go away camping or staying with friends.

I followed the routine more closely with DS1 (as I had the time!) and even expressed in the morning for DH to give him a bottle for his dream feed. He is still a good sleeper and at nearly 4 still has a day sleep most days.

DS2 I started SOS routines at around 3 weeks. It was after christmas and he was pretty unsettled in the evenings but as soon as I started feeding him on routines he was much better. I am not too concerned about how much sleep and how long during the day as all babies are different but DS2 sleeps 7pm till 7.30am and usually has 2 sleeps a day. He goes down no problem which makes it easy for us.

By the way, I am a routine person so as other posters have said if you are not good with routines this may not work for you but you never know, you may be able to get baby and your older child/ren to sleep at the same time during the day like I do - bliss!

Good luck!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelymum View Post
    My suggestion would be to invest in a good babysling and carry her around with you during the day she will probably sleep better for it some bubs just like the physical contact. I learnt after DS 1 that there is no use in fighting a losing battle so I just decided to go with the flow for DD.

This has worked for me. DD is very much a close contact baby and she has adapted her routine around it. She has not been much of a day sleeper since she was born but we co-sleep and I feed on demand and she barely makes a sound during the night. She sleeps 6 hours between feeds at night which is fine with me.
    I did have to start focusing on her day sleeps and found that wrapping her tightly and nursing her to sleep worked for me. I also did the same with DS2. I have never read SOS and never will. I think if you see that your baby is doing certain things that could turn into a routine with gentle guidance then go for it but I don't believe in timing feeding, I think she should be fed when she's hungry so I would suck at a routine.
    I think I got a small routine from her at around 2 months and now at 4 months she is getting better at longer sleeps during the day. It takes time and patience and you will get there.