+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When is it too early to test?

Hi Ladies

I know this question has been so over asked but I need to get some advise.

According to my Clomid Ovulation calculator I was supposed to O between 2nd and 7th January which are CD10 -15.

I had been using OPKs and BBT charting. Nothing came up on those no +OPK and no temp spike. I had some O pain but not like I normally get it.

Any way on CD19 I start to have O pain and on CD20 I have EWCM and my OPK is darker than all the others I have done.

CD21 I have the same EWCM and a +OPK so I guess I'm about to O.

I thought that now I would be 7DPO and so I was going to test on CD29 as that would have made me 14DPO and that would have given me a definate answer of a BFP or not in time for my laparoscopy.

But now seeing as I'm not that far along in my cycle that puts everything out of wack. If I take O day now as being either today CD22 or Tomorrow CD23 than that makes testing day at 14DPO on Jan 29th and that is way past my lap.

I obviously can't have the lap if I'm UTD but I'll not know before then. So do I just put the lap on hold or do I test early? The hospital will do a pregnancy Test on the day of the op and that should be accurate. But I really don't want to waste their time.

So going back to my question. What is tha absolute earliest you can do a HPT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi zultbear!

FF chart gallery to the rescue! Spent a while trolling to see when ladies seemed to get their BFP. while there were one or two who landed it at 7 & 8DPO, the magic mark seemed to be 9 & moreso 10DPO for those that get early BFPs. Fail safe way would be to put lap on hold until you know for sure, that way you don't risk missing a late BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree.

I would say anything from 10-11dpo onwards. But you'd want to be using a good brand of early hpt. I would recommend First Response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

Thanks for your answers. That was pretty much what expected. From absolute earliest 9DPO.

I have put the lap off untill the 1st Feb so that is a week after and I should know by then.