ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzees mum View Post
    You could start on the 22 cal feed and work up t 30 cal as he tolerates, they like them on about 1000 cal a day so a litre at 30cal ould be perfect but wil take some work to get up to that as baby elecare is 20cal per ounce.

we got DD up to 1200mls of formula a day down her J tube ( 50mls hour cont at 22 cal) but after a bad 2 months with reacting to rice milk( dont ask) and then her tube sliting and then surgery we are back to 840mls a day ( 35 per hour) and seen she only absorbes about half of her feeds we are no where near target grrrrr. We trying a new feed next week in hospital called vivonex i hopeing its out miracle feed lol have you heard of it ?? ( sory crashing your thread )
    Thank you so so much Amy you really are wonderful! No I havn't heard of vivonex but I really hope it will go well for Mikenzee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hey just another thought you can also get avacodo oil as well, its in the oil section in the super market ( we tried it on DD way back when we stil had hope)
    Oh great is it fattier than other oils?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko View Post
    Paed said to do this but how do I do I add it to the puree or while cooking and how much?

I think my aunty did it a few ways. I will ask when she get's back from the USA.

If it is just veg then maybe add 1/2 tespoon before you puree it. If he eat's that maybe try 1 teaspoon.

Could you do a stir fry with veg, oil and the puree it all up for ds? You could all so add some beef if you and your ds will have it.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you so so much Amy you really are wonderful! No I havn't heard of vivonex but I really hope it will go well for Mikenzee
    no wories any time, and thankyou

Oh great is it fattier than other oils?

From memory it wasnt any fattier then the other oils but the reason we tried it was because its ment to be a better fat, you know how you have good and bad fats thats a good one.

I would ask the pead for a script for Calogen its a special fat that nutricia make and its made for bubs and kids that need to gain weight, there is a plain and a strawbery flavour one, wee only tried plain as we tube it anyway but from what others have said if you add the strawbery one to elecare or neocate it makes it taste alot nicer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    I think my aunty did it a few ways. I will ask when she get's back from the USA.

If it is just veg then maybe add 1/2 tespoon before you puree it. If he eat's that maybe try 1 teaspoon.

Could you do a stir fry with veg, oil and the puree it all up for ds? You could all so add some beef if you and your ds will have it.
    Thanks I'll definately give that a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no wories any time, and thankyou

From memory it wasnt any fattier then the other oils but the reason we tried it was because its ment to be a better fat, you know how you have good and bad fats thats a good one.

I would ask the pead for a script for Calogen its a special fat that nutricia make and its made for bubs and kids that need to gain weight, there is a plain and a strawbery flavour one, wee only tried plain as we tube it anyway but from what others have said if you add the strawbery one to elecare or neocate it makes it taste alot nicer

That sounds great because when they fasted him and only gave him gastrolite for 2 days he gobbled all of that down and was srinking about 1.5 lt a day. I had never had a problem with him refusing the elecare or not liking the taste but after the gastrolite he started refusing and paed was saying because of the sweetness of the gastrolite. Paed sai a couple of drops of vanilla essence might help him take it so I will give that a try too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know if your DS can have this but here goes.

My aunty would make veg dish using coconut milk.

All so egg's (that might be one to try later if he is't having egg yet)

Sorry I know I asked before What percentile is he for hight and head circumference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds great because when they fasted him and only gave him gastrolite for 2 days he gobbled all of that down and was srinking about 1.5 lt a day. I had never had a problem with him refusing the elecare or not liking the taste but after the gastrolite he started refusing and paed was saying because of the sweetness of the gastrolite. Paed sai a couple of drops of vanilla essence might help him take it so I will give that a try too.

Would he take it if you blend it with Banana?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    Don't know if your DS can have this but here goes.

My aunty would make veg dish using coconut milk.

All so egg's (that might be one to try later if he is't having egg yet)

Sorry I know I asked before What percentile is he for hight and head circumference?
    Just under 50th for height he was 75th to begin with and I htink he is average for head which it has always been.

This is him at 3 months

10 and a half months

You can't see that well in the second picture but to me he's visibly thinner.

He loves banana so that could be a good idea especially as he is keen on drinking through a straw atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He looks thinner I wouldn't say in a sick way. How much more is he moving around?

Ds started to lose a lot of wight when he started moving around a lot. His pead was trying to work out if his wight lose was just due to him being on the move non stop. Or because he was having up to 10+ pooy nappies a day.

Ds love's drinking out of a straw, only he has just worked out how too at 18months. Your little one is very smart.

I would be trying the drink with banana. Maybe you could make your self a banana milk shake and make it some thing Fun.

Don't worry to much YOUR NOT A BAD MUM IN ANY WAY. YOUR A GRAET MUM, remember that some kids will all ways have a low body wight. I spent 13 days at riverton with DD when she was 19 months because of her not eating and her low body wight. She has only just made it back up to 50 percentile (she is now 7yrs).
    Last edited by *Cj*; 13-01-2010 at 00:23.