+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone,
    thanks for the support and updates.

good info about swimming marzi and shy - will keep it in mind with the next one..I've decided to start again straight away, so should be having my ET again the beginning of Feb too - probably similar timing to you sweetdreamers.

i think in some ways it probably helps not to be too hopeful. we don't talk about it with friends anymore because i find it takes some of the pressure off. i'm kind of superstitious with all this and the time it did work for us we didn't tell anyone except family and it was much better for us. but then again everyone is different

nat1 good luck with the next round. hopefully it is your turn now,
    button bub - Thailand - wow, great! hope the relaxation does the trick!

another question; are all of you super strict with your diet while doing the cycle? or do you think it is better to just be kind to yourself to reduce stress and have the odd treat here and there?

sticky vibes to all....

Thanks
    Reviews
    kemily - good to hear your going back into it!

I've also decided not to tell anyone this time. We usually let our immediate family know and I feel added pressure because of that. So, this time it will just be me and DH that know, I hope this makes the whole process alot easier.

The first ET I was so strict on what I ate and made sure I exercised, but now I don't torture myself - if I want more chocolate I have it!! I make sure I try to walk every afternoon and stay away from processed meats (salami) and things like that. I don't want to stress about everything I eat and do - I have enough to stress about!!

Nat - when do you think the transfer might be? How are you going with everything?

Hi to buttonbub, Marzi & K2Chat

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    kemily - In my past 2WW, I have been careful with what I'm eating but I haven't exercised as I've been too scared to be too active! This time around I am going to be more relaxed with my meals and def have some treats every now and again. Good luck with your FET! Let us know how you're going!

sweetdreamers - I am on Day 10 of my cylce today, so I had my first BT this morning...Hopefully I will ovulate in a few days, so if all goes to plan I should have my FET mid next week..have you started your BTs? We haven't told anyone we're doing IVF, it definitely takes the pressure off it...although there are some days that I feel I really need my mum...but I have been strong so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi nat - I'm only on day 7 of my cycle. I have BT and U/Sound on Wednesday to make sure everything is cool. I should have FET around 5th Feb, then we go on holidays for a week!! How are you feeling about everything?

Has anyone had family issues with the whole IVF. My sister-in-law gave my DH fertility vitamins the other day..........when he told me I was so mad about it all. Firstly the issue isn't sperm - the eggs are already fertilised, the issue is sticking!! I really think she should have done some research on what we are actually go through before shoving vitamins in our face..........got any sticking vitamins!! ARGH . Am I being unreasonable!!?? I just don't like her so it's probably annoying me more then usual. I just can't stand ignorant people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetdreamers - Sounds like we will be doing our FET around the same time. Hope everything goes well on Wednesday!

That vitamin situation would grate on my nerves as well...She may have been meaning well, but it's just so annoying when people put their nose into situations that they don't completely understand. I had a similar situation with my MIL, she was hinting for me to take some vitamins to boost fertilty, without knowing the issue is with DH, not me. She is lovely and I know she meant well but I felt steam coming out of my ears at that point. As if all this isn't hard enough!! It definitely shows their ignorance and you're not being unreasonable at all! Sending hugs to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    nat - hows everything going with you??

had first u/sound and BT this morning, hopefully everything is going well so we can do last FET.

how were your BT results on monday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    well I got my results today and looks as though the transfer is going to be on Monday 1st Feb! Everything looks great. A week early, looks as though I've ovulated sooner then I thought, although apparently every months cycle is different. I feel a little excited, but trying not to....maybe I'm just more excited about our week holiday on the coast

Hows everything going with everyone else??

baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

exciting news about FET early next week sweetdreamers and Nat1.

I have my u/s on 2/2 so will find out when FET will be after that.

That is exciting about a trip up the coast too sweetdreamers - a great way to relax, go for gentle walks, sleep and get away from everyday life.

i know what you mean about annoying comments, my MIL, when I realised my big stuff up last time and was really upset told me not to become obsessed with having a baby, which was really very annoying considering I spent a total of abotu 1/2 hour visibly upset and then got on with things. She meant well but ..

good luck to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetdreamers - How did you go with you FET yesterday? I'm sure you're glad to have had it done...How are you feeling? I hope this one brings you your BFP!!!

kemily - How did you go with your U/S today? How have your BT's been? Argh sometimes people just have no idea what to say and I know they probably think they are doing you a favour by saying what they think, but noone knows what we are going through unless they have been through it themselves, so should probably keep their comments to themselves!!

As for me, I am having a bit of a bad month. I haven't ovulated yet, I should have ovulated last Fri (29th Jan), and it's just not happening. I have PCOS, but it has never effected my menstrual cycle, I am always 28 days, sometimes 32 at the most...this is the first time my ovulation has been delayed and I am starting to panic. I am booked in for a BT and U/S on Wed to see if there is a follicle in there...hopefully by then I will be surging at least. My FS and FN both said that stress can effect my natural cycle. They said if I was feeling anxious and upset about the last failed cycle it can effect things, so now I am stressing out trying not to stress!!!! IVF has been so hard...I honestly thought I would cope better with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

nat1 - so sorry to hear you are having a bad time, sounds frustrating, and the worst is when everyone is telling you not to stress! In this whole ivf game, things that you never thought could go wrong do go wrong, hey..it is so unpredictable. it is so so hard..did they give you a back up plan or is it just wait and see?

i have pcos as well, but my fet is a hormone preparation cycle because i don't ovulate regularly. i had my u/s yesterday and so have a date, next Mon now for fet.

Sweetdreamers, hope you are feeling well and sending you sticky vibes.