+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - haven't heard from you in awhile - what have you and DH decided to do? I think we're going to use our last Frostie. I'm not as excited as I was about it all, I'm defiantly not positive about it all and if it happen then great and if not then I'm in the same boat as always!

kemily - what are your plans now after the bfn?

Shy1 - thanks for finding out. I'm planning to take a week off after my next FET and relax by the beach, so I'll remember that!

goodluck to everyone on the rollercoaster

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    just to clear a few things up for you

Beach should be quite fine, just stay out of the sun....DO NOT overheat. Waves, id stay out of the big ones but the flat sea would be fine. As your cervix is closed as shy said after 48 hours (sorry for TMI) the water wont get to your embie.
    Id really watch what sun cream your put on also.

Baths/showers and spas. Well as a few have said you should not have really hot anything. This will raise your core temp up too much. The best thing is to stay out of the bath and spa. I love hot hot showers and I really tone them down after an ET.

I wish you all the very best of luck in your quest to become mums
    Marzi xx
    Last edited by Marzi; 20-01-2010 at 10:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    K2Chat - So good to hear from you...have you had any of your tests done yet? I saw FS yesterday..not Prof Illingworth as he is away until next week. I saw his colleague Thilee Sivananthan, he was lovely and answered all my questions and concerns. I asked him about tests I can have and he said he would discuss some options with Prof Illingworth when he returns. Like you, he said alot of the time it is a numbers game, and he can see no reason why I won't fall pregnant in the next couple of attempts, as my hormones do all the right things, I ovulate and get AF regularly, I respond well to the stim cycles and my embryos get to blastocyst stage. He said sometimes everything just needs to marry up at the right time and it could take a few times before the dialogue between woman and embryo takes place the way it should, resulting in conception.

sweetdreamers - How are you doing? We've decided to go ahead with another FET cycle straight away. I can't handle the waiting so we'll just go straight into it and hope for a positive result this time. Like you, I am not feeling excited or positive this time at all...must be the result of 2 BFNs in a row which leaves us feeling doubtful. Did you end up speaking to anyone about possible tests to investigate? The FS I saw yesterday said they usually only do those tests after many BFNs, but if I'd like to have them done, they will do it for me.

kemily - So sorry about your BFN. Nothing anyone says can change the way we feel. And you're so right that noone truly understands unless they've been through it. Not even our DH's. They are upset and dissappointed like we are, but they can't feel what we go through as women, how it feels to see other pregnant women and babies all around us after multiple BFNs and the hardships we endure through the IVF process. It's absolutely heartbreaking, but in the end I am positive we'll all be blessed with a baby this year, we just have to stay strong. I am feeling quite negative right now, but hopefully soon I will come out of it and start feeling positive again. What are your plans going forward?

shy1 & marzi - Thanks so much for sharing that information...That will come in very useful now that I have my next transfer coming up! Shy1, best of luck in your 2WW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I've been following this thread a little bit.

Thanks for the info Shy1 and Marzi. I had an FET on Monday and I'm actually going on hols tomorrow to Thailand.

I'm quite nervous about the whole heat thing as I know that it's so hot over there that it's hard to stay cool so I guess I'll have to spend a lot of time by the pool! It's hard to do it all isn't it, try and relax like they tell you but not worry about things that could affect you during the 2WW!

BB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your 2WW buttonbub and have a great time in Thailand! I can't think of a better way to spend your 2WW..

Thanks
    Reviews
    buttonbub - wow Thailand for you 2ww - very lucky!! We stopped there for our honeymoon and its defiantly more muggy then Australia, but relaxing by the pool and having a few feet massages wouldn't do any harm I reckon!! Plus, if you feel too overheated, just venture back to your A/C room and read a book for a while. Goodluck on your 2ww and I hope this is the last holiday you and DH have alone together for a long time!!

Hi Nat - I'm glad to hear that your going straight back into it. I voiced my concern to FS about embies not sticking and that there may be something wrong - but he wasn't concerned at all. All bloods are great and he pretty much said the same thing - its a waiting game!! Gawd, I hate the game!
    Did you end up doing progesterone pessaries with your last cycle?

K2Chat - it would defiantly be interesting to find out about your tests. I'm with you on the numbers game, however I still seem to think that maybe there's something wrong with me now!! Keep us posted if they find anything from the tests.

Hi to all the lovely ladies out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat1 and Sweetdreamer, I have finger crossed for you both for next transfer. and BB, have a nice holiday and bring back a BFP. Kemily,

Someitmes I also feel DH is just not quite there with me emotionally. I wish my DH could put in as much effort as I do for this baby struggle. He prefers to leave it all to the FS while I think that is a passive approach.

I will let you girls know about the B/T when I see Doc next Thursday. I have a bunch of test, in memory probably 16 tubes of blood but there are still 2 tests on the requests my FS didnt tick.. I can't remember his reason but he did have a reason. I was also planning to have lap, hysteroscopy done, but got a bit hesitant and scared,after all these are quite invasive. Ideally, I should clear all possible areas that can go wrong before next cycle.

After all these "known to man" tests and if I am all clear, it will be just a number game. A girl of mine tried for a year and half before they finally got pregnant, and neither of them have a known problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls!

I love the sound of those foot massages!

K2 - Hang in there with how you're feeling with DH. I think it is sometimes hard for them to be emotionally invested in the same way we are as they don't have so much being done to their bodies as we do so regularly. Your feelings are totally valid though and I'm sure there are lots of girls on here who understand and feel the same, I know I certainly do at times and DH and I have discussed it and just try to keep the communication open about how we are feeling. Hugs to you.

BB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetdreamers - This IVF waiting game is very much an emotional rollercoaster and definitely takes it's toll on us physically and mentally! I didn't have progesterone support with the natural FET cycle, but the last time they checked my progesterone was 6 days before my transfer, so with my next transfer I've requested they check my progesterone closer to my transfer just in case. Are you doing another back to back FET or are you going to wait for your next cycle?

K2Chat - 16 test tubes of blood is alot of blood!! You poor thing! It will all be worth it if they at least eliminate concerns for you, even if they don't find anything. As you said, could just be a matter of waiting for the right time and the right embryo. Let us know how you go after your appointment next Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    K2Chat - I think our DH's struggle as they probably feel helpless. It's our bodies, our hormones, our feelings -everything is centered around us and they don't seem to have any part in it all apart from providing the swimmers!! I get frustrated too as I become a blabbering mess and all my DH can do is come home with a bunch of flowers - they just feel helpless. BTW - I hope you take it easy after all those bloods that are getting taken!!

Nat - I'm going straight back into it, no point waiting around - make me more nervous! Got AF on Monday so have BT and ultrasound next wednesday to make sure everything is ok and they are looking at the FET to be around 6-8th Feb, depending on levels and everything. We'll have one more try and hope for the best. I'm really not looking forward to doing another stimulated cycle so if the next doesn't work I'm waiting for a few months.

babydust to us all
    C'mon little bubbas - stick!!