+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sweetdreamers - 11 eggs, that's fantastic. Let us know how they progress.

Sorry you are feeling down. I think sometimes when you totally least expect something then it finally happens. I don't know if me telling my experiences to you both is annoying or helpful, but just after miscarriage, i was so pessimistic and was thinking of other options, like 'ok next time we might have to get donors' or stuff like that because it simply felt like it was never going to happen. (And that was the one that did) So I think our emotions and our body don't always work in synch.

Nat - hang in there. sounds like you are going well. I didn't have any symptoms on this FET. When is your BT?to both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hope your all well. Any news yet Nat?? Thinking of you both.

AFM - still down.........major.
    Out of the 11 eggs, 5 were immature, 6 fertilised, 4 stopped dividing, which means that we only have 2 little embies left. I'm heart-broken. Its only day 3 and they still have so long to go, and not to mention having to make it through to the PGD biopsy. I'm so deflated by it all, I just was so positive at the start and now I'm scared I've used all my positivity up and left none for the embies. Does that sound stupid? To make it worse, the girl that I'm replacing is leaving due to having a baby and to make it even worse - its an IVF baby she got on her first go!! I'm happy for her, but sad for me (IYKWIM). I'm just so deflated. Sorry to be a sook!

Nat, I'm looking forward to your exciting news. Kemily, you are my hope!

Take care ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetdreamers - Soo sorry you're having such a hard time this cycle, I know how hard it is to get that phone call with the news thats some of your embryos have failed to divide etc. At what point do they go through the PGD testing? Have you heard further from the lab? I have everything crossed that the 2 remaining embies continue to be strong and grow! Remember you only need 1. A friend of mine got 9 eggs, but only ended up with 1 embie by transfer date, and she fell pregnant with that one. So don't give up hope just yet!

I know how you feel about your colleague taking leave after falling pregnant on her first IVF cycle. Even though you're genuinely happy for her, it's hard not to rememeber your own situation....I know exactly what you're saying. Don't feel like a sook, that's what we're here for, and both kemily and I have been there done that...we know what you're going through. Keep your head up xx

kemily - How have you been feeling? How are things going with you? Hope things are going smoothly! When is your due date?

AFM - I am 13DPO today. I strongly feel AF threatening to appear, I have all my monthly symptoms (a couple of pimples, stomach pains), but no blood yet. Usually I get pre-AF spotting from 12DPO but nothing yet. Spoke to FS today and he said because I took the Pregnyl, if I am not pregnant then it will delay AF, so looks like I won't know the result til I actually hear from the clinic after by BT on Friday. Every other cycle I know the answer before BT cos AF shows up a couple of days prior. I have had some terrible nose bleeds as well, which I think is a result of the Clexane, so FS has asked me to take half my usual dosage of Clexane until Friday. I'm so nervous, my heart has been beating so hard that I can actually hear it. Everytime I go to the bathroom I feel like I am going to have a panic attack in fear of seeing blood on my underwear or the toilet paper (sorry if TMI). I wish there was a way we could have more control over this crazy process!!! I feel helpless.
    Last edited by nat1; 09-06-2010 at 13:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I haven't heard anything else from the scientists about the 2 eggs........actually too scared to ring them to find out and I guess no news from them is good news. Every time my mobile rang I freaked out today!! I'm feeling a little better, and I just can't do anything to change the situation. My work collegue told me that her mother told her that its ok to feel however you want to in live, the only thing that matters is how you act on those feelings. So I'm trying to take that on board as much as I can.
    Just livin' in denial at the moment
    Nat - the end of that terrible TWW is worse then the whole process. So many feelings of not knowing and how to move forward if it doesn't happen. I wouldnt wish those last couple of days on my worst enemy. I think the Pregnal stays in your system for 8 days or something like that, its worth while reading the drug information.........very interesting, did you know that Pregnal is made from the urine of pregnant women!! I was reading the drug info on the toilet the other night (I'm a little constipated at the moment!) and yelled out to my DH - guess what I'm injecting myself with!! It was pretty funny.
    I'm thinking of you Nat, I really am hoping that this is it for you and for me and we can join kemily on the next stage of the journey. Take care of yourself.
    BTW - PGD testing is done when the embies get to day 5, so Thursday morning.

Kemily - hope your keepng well and warm. Its bloody freezing here!!

Take care ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

Sweetdreaners - sorry that the embryo numbers have been not as hoped, it is disappointing, but as nat said, it only takes one..hopefully your remaining two are little fighters (like their parents!). What is PGD testing again sorry? Praying and crossing fingers for better news for you the rest of the week.

Nat, my gosh, you sound like you are hanging in there in 2ww hell remarkably. It's so frustrating and confusion because nothing means anything and anything can mean positive or negative. No spotting can't be a bad thing (despite the drugs), and pimples turned out to be a good sign for me on the last cycle. Not too long now...Really really hope this is the one.

I'm feeling good, starting to have a bit of a rounded belly which is comforting. Due in early December. Thanks for being so happy for me girls when you are going through all this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls
    Nat - you get your results tomorrow, don't you?? Gawd, I have EVERYTHING crossed for you . One more sleep!! I hope you've been coping a little better, although I'm no one to be giving that type of advice, I turn into a crazy obsessed women too!! Take care and I'm really looking forward to hearing your result!! Lots of hugs for you
    Kemily - ahhhh, the round belly has started. Very very cute. One thing I love about pregnant women is the belly, its soooo cute and amazing to know they have a little person in there!!

AFM - the rollercoaster is on the down slope again. Just when I was starting to thing they would be ok I received a call from the nurse to say that they aren't dividing and growing as much as they would have liked and that I can't have the ET today and that I have to wait until tomorrow to see if they divide tonight........argh.... I just can't get a win this cycle. And I hate the fact I can't take control of the sitution - It is what it is. C'mon little embies, please make the night.........

Hope you enjoy your long weekend, are you up to anything??

Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetdreamers - This is such a cruel process. It's so hard because there's nothing we can do to have more control of our cycles and there's so much worry and anxiety every single step of the way. I hope your embies continue to grow overnight and you get some good news in the morning. I have everything crossed for you, and I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Tonight do your best to relax, believe me I know this is next to impossible, but if there's anything you know that will get your mind off it just for a little while, it will help. Hugs to you

kemily - December is actually coming up really quick. I feel like this year has flown (maybe cos I measure the year from cycle to cycle!)...It must be really comforting to see your belly grow, it's great to get reassurance that everything is progressing perfectly!

AFM - D-Day tomorrow. I am 14DPO and no AF, but not placing too much emphasis on that because I know that the Pregnyl is probably holding it back. I've been really crampy and all AF symptoms are still hanging about, so I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow. I am so relaxed the first week of the 2WW, but the couple days before BT, I become a madwoman, analysing absolutely everything imaginable. It's so unfair that we obsess like this. I promise myself every new cycle I won't do it, but I can't help it.

Long weekend is busy with birthday dinners/lunches, so hardly any alone time for me and DH to grieve/celebrate. Really not looking forward to being around people if it's another BFN. What are you girls up to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just heard from the clinic, it's a BFP!!!!

I am in shock, I burst into tears on the phone with the nurse and I still can't stop crying!

Haven't even told DH yet as I don't want to tell him over the phone.

They still need to keep a close eye on me because of the fact I have had an ectopic, and I am getting really strong pains on the right side, so they are closely monitoring my levels.

I am still so nervous that my next BT will be bad news...I guess the worrying never ends...I am praying it isn't another ectopic but they said it's unlikely with HCG 286 @ 15DPO.

sweetdreamers - Any news today hun?? Thinking of you....

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW - that is the best news Nat!! I just checked this thread just in case there was an update and soo happy for you!!! That's wonderful news! When will you have your follow up BT? If they say it is unlikely you'll have another ectopic that has to be good, right? Maybe implantation cramps?

sweetdreamers? so sorry to hear that the twists and turns continue. have you heard any news on how they are developing? I have everything crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - fantastic news. The first bit of news that has bought a smile to my face in the last few days. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! What was DH's reaction, did he cry, laugh, or faint!!! Good on you.

Today hasn't been great for me. our 2 eggs pulled through for PGD and after thier biopsy they ended up both carying the dreaded mutation that has lead us to IVF (my husband has a genetic heart condition, he's already had 2 heart operations and we were told its a 50/50 chance of our children getting it -thus IVF). So although we had 2 great quality embryos, we couldn't do anything with them. I have been in tears all afternoon........I'm so over crying atm.

Enough of me, its time to celebrate for Nat!! Well done Nat and Kemily