ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Beach during 2WW

Hi everyone, this may be a silly question, but I was wondering if it was safe to go to the beach during the 2WW.

My FET was on Mon 04/01 and I am supposed to be going to the beach this weekend.

I feel okay, but I was wondering if I should be avoiding sitting in the sun, sitting on the hard sand or going in the water?

Thanks
    Reviews
    you have the same transfer date as me!!
    Good question actually. I've heard your not ment to have baths too, but I had one the other night for relaxation and just made sure the water was the same body temp as me.
    I guess the sea would be ok, as long as you aren't doing anything too much. Anything thats relaxing I think should be fine.

Have you been having any 'twinges'? This is only my second go and I haven't felt anything (last time I had cramping and sore boobs).

good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - I think going to the beach would be okay, personally I would just be careful that you don't get smashed too much around by the waves. Enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the beach swimming during my 2WW and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm. I didn't do anything strenuous though - the sea was quite flat and I wasn't body surfing or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't go into full on surf! If it were gentle waves then that would be ok. Try not to be in the sun too long and over heat. Also no hot showers apparently.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies...you have all made be feel more at ease about it!

Sweetdreamers - no symptoms this time at all (frozen transfer)! Last time it was a fresh transfer and I had sooo many cramps, twinges, sore boobs etc...and it ended up being a BFN...I'm secretly hoping that no symptoms will mean a BFP hehe...

When is your BT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    nat - I'm hearing you - last time was the same as you!! I've been thinking the same thing too, hoping that something might be happening and it might take this time!
    BT is on Friday 15th - I'm starting to get quiet nervous about it, too! I just really want this to be the one (don't we all!).
    How many frozen embryos did you get? We only had 2 blasties to freeze, which is better then none I guess, God knows I wasn't ready to go through another 'jabbing' cycle!!

How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - I noticed that you went on to do FET straight away after you BFN - did your FS recommend waiting for a whole natural cycle before you went again (so to transfer Feb instead of Jan?) I'm with SIVF and all the nurses said that I would have to wait as they prefer to make sure you have a good natural month cycle before they try again, but when I spoke about my FS thoughts and recommendations he said to go for it. Did you have any issues?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I just joined bub hub then because i googled this same question! Nice to know there are others going through the same thing at the same time. Had my FET on 8/1 so BT on the 18/1. Really want to go for a swim, but was wondering if the water wouldn't be too cold, or if that matters..probably not, hey? Good luck to you all. Are you having any symptoms? I'm not but had a trace of red today when I wiped..maybe the progesterone pessaries? Anyone else have that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I ended up going to the beach, swimming and all...best relaxtion! I am hoping it did no harm!

Sweetdreamers - My BT is on the 15th as well...not long now...We also had 2 embies for freezing which I was happy with...

I was desperate to do a back to back frozen cycle as I find the waiting is what bothers me most with this IVF process..We are with IVFA, and the nurses told me the same thing, but when I actually spoke to my FS he encouraged me to go ahead, he said success rates are exactly the same whether I do it back to back or wait a month, but sometimes when they discourage patients from doing a back to back cycle it's because they feel most people aren't emotionally ready for a cyce straight away. So as long as I was ready for it, he was supportive.

Kemily - The pessaries can definitely cause some spotting, so it could be that or also may be implantation bleeding? I have had no symptoms this cycle. Looks like your BT is the same date as mine and sweetdreamers. Let us know how it goes for you...

I have my fingers crossed for you girls, hopefully this cycle is the one for us all!