ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS slept through the night 8pm-6am from 6 weeks. I was concerned at first about him going so long between feeds but I figured he would wake up if he was hungry. I just made sure he got his 5 bottles in during the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    From the night that my dd1 came home she would sleep from 6pm untill 6am I would give her a dream feed around 10pm but it got so hard to wake her that after a few months I just left it I figgured if she was hungry she would wake up, I was so shocked the fist time it happened I rang my sister(A mum of4 haha) and I was like what do I do and I'll never forget what she said 'let sleeping babies lie' and enjoy it!!! Haha I now truely understand how blessed we were as dd2 is doing great if we have 5 full hours. So I'm very envius of you lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So he ended up making it to 6.30am without a feed
    the only problem was he started stirring from 3.45am till about 5am, not crying or even waking up properly, just lots of grunts and noises and kept needing his dummy every 10 mins.. so I am very tired especially as dd was awake from 10pm-12am as shes a bit sick.
    To be honest it was tempting to feed him just so he would stop stirring so much lol.. but I know he didn't need it, and I am hoping that if I keep settling him at that time, he will stop stirring around then, I think he is just used to being woken up around that time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD2 was also 2 weeks late, anyway she has been sleeping through since 6 weeks, (breastfed)... from approx 7pm to approx 5am .. freaked me out at first but it's working for her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maire View Post
    DD2 was also 2 weeks late, anyway she has been sleeping through since 6 weeks, (breastfed)... from approx 7pm to approx 5am .. freaked me out at first but it's working for her!
    and who says bf bubs don't sleep as much I know a couple of people whos bubs are bf and sleep long stretches

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol now if only DS would do the same... she usually has a feed, stays up for 30-45 mins and then back to sleep (she's sleeping now) which is *great* coz then I can get everyone else sorted ...

So yes I think you have to take your cue from the baby, all else being equal (happy &healthy etc).

She also does a lot of snuffling before actually waking up for a feed (like yours) and is also really strong, so I just find I have to be aware that she does travel up and down (and all around) the cot quite a lot so be careful of sheets getting tangled etc - she got a sheet over her head quite early on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my bub is a wriggler too.. he is wrapped most nights but got out of it this morning, had to rewrap him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is breast fed too. I've been giving a bottle of thickened formula for her reflux though late arvo/early evening as thats her worst time.
    I didn't last night and she slept more soundly than ever. Went down at 6pm, bf at 2am then up at 6.30, with no stirring other than that.
    She kicks off her swaddle too so I have tried a light sleeping bag with just a nappy on underneath as its warm here and that works ok, but didn't use it last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maire View Post
    DD was the same, went from 6pm to 6am though. She was 4 weeks early and breastfed. I guess it depends on the baby. Glad he slept through for you last night

A friend of mine fed her bub a normal feed at 6pm then another half feed around 7:30pm. She made up half a bottle and the baby would almost finish that half bottle every time then sleep 12 hours solid.