+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, so glad you bumped this thread up, I've been looking for recipe ideas for my 8mth old! I am inspired now and off I go

Moderators I agree with Gizzy, maybe this thread should be made a sticky??

Mariposa is offline Winner 2008 - most helpful moderator/administrator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronni78 View Post
    Wow, so glad you bumped this thread up, I've been looking for recipe ideas for my 8mth old! I am inspired now and off I go

Moderators I agree with Gizzy, maybe this thread should be made a sticky??
    Now stuck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW!!!

I have just cut and pasted a whole heap of these recipes so I can print them out, DD has just started solids and I'm getting a food processor for Christmas!!!! I cant wait to get cooking now...maybe Santa will let me open that present early.

Thanks heaps to all those who have posted up these amazing recipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just a thought....I'm a member at another site where we're not allowed to post (ie cut and paste) actual recipes there because it infringes upon copyright laws, so we can only post links to the sites. How do you know that you're not infringing upon copyright laws?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you for the recipes. They are going to come in very handy, DS2 is getting very bored with his current menu.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i thought id share a few recipes for our bubbas that i found in the coles baby club magazine (they are all suitable from 6 months on)

veggie blast (serves 3)
    -wash and steam 1/4 small cabbage, 1/4 small brocoli, 3 leaves of silverbeet, 1 bunch of bok choy, 1 large potato peeled, and 1 carrot peeled.
    -once tender, remove vegies from steamer and put into blender along with 1/4 teaspoon of grated ginger and whiz til combined. serve.

greens with cheese (serves 3)
    -steam 1/2 small brocoli, 6 broad beans, 4 asparagus spears, and 1/4 cauliflower til tender.
    -place the hot vegies into a blender with 1 egg yolk, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 teaspoon of melted butter, whiz til combined, serve.

chicken, pear &sweet potato puree (makes 3 cups)
    -put 100g chicken breast fillet, 1 cup diced sweet potato & one small pear (quartered) into a small saucepan, cover with 500ml chicken stock & cook over medium heat for 10mins.
    -remove chicken from the pot, and puree in a blender with some stock until smooth. place into a container and repeat the process with the remainng sweet potato, pear and stock. mix together with the chicken.

banana, apple & maple yoghurt
    (serves 1)
    -combine half a banana (mashed), half an apple (grated), half a cup of greek yoghurt and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup in a small bowl and serve.

fruity filler (serves 1)
    1 weetbix
    1 tablespoon cottage cheese
    1 ripe pear peeled & mashed
    2 strawberries diced

-in a bowl break up weetbix and pour over with a little amount of boiled water to soften.
    -add the cottage cheese & pear and mix together
    -once cool enough for baby, serve with strawberries on top

stone fruit swirl (serves 1)
    1 ripe mango
    2 ripe apricots
    1 ripe peach
    2 tablespoons yoghurt

-peel skin off each piece of fruit and cut around the stone
    -place flesh into blender on high until combined
    -pour mix into bowl & add the yoghurt
    as i said before, all taken from coles baby club magazine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    corn cakes

1 cup SR flour
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1/3 cup milk
    salt/pepper
    420g can corn kernels, drained
    1 small onion finely diced

place flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper into large bowl and whisk to combine (will resemble thick pancake batter). Add the corn and onion and mix.

heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan, cook 2 tbsp of the mixture in batches for 2-3 min on each side or until brown. Drain on paper. (makes about 10)

zucchini fritters

2 zucchinis
    1 cup of flour
    1 cup of grated cheese
    1 small onion finely chopped
    2 eggs

Grate zucchinis and squeeze excess liquid out in a colander. Put in a large bowl, add flour, eggs, cheese, onion. Mix well. Make as above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is the greatest thread ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW! I'm grateful that I stumbled upon this thread. I wish I had found it when I started solids with bub #1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    Does anyone have any healthy recipes for muffins (savoury or sweet) for a 12 month old? I'm after snacks or lunches I can feed her that I can make myself. I think she might be getting tired of cheese sandwiches and fruit
    Have you tried sweet potato & sultanas? You make it up just like banana muffins but put in a cup of cooked mashed swt pot & handfull of sultanas :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/