+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks so much!
    We are moving back to Mackay so I guess I will have a chat with CQU.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I have just applied to study at uc for the 2015 intake.

I am a bit nervous as i have heard the intake is very competitive :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil miss I used to study midwifery (bachelor of midwifery not dual) at Griffith and we had many ladies from regional Qld. They had to attend intensives in Bris (Logan campus) and for Griffith to make arrangements with local hosp. Unless cqu has the only rights to your hosp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default University of Canberra - midwifery 2015

I am applying as mature age (37) and hoping to do this course over 4 years. I handed my application in last week and now have to wait!!! Glad to know of someone else applying for uc. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon92,

I am applying as mature age (37) and hoping to do this course over 4 years.
    I handed my application in last week and now have to wait!!! Glad to know of someone else applying for uc. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon92,

I did not do UC prep, however If I don't get in for the 2015 intake, I will either do UC Prep OR take 2 individual science units (anatomy and Physiology) then apply again in 2016 and get these credited.

I am hoping that they consider my work experience, life experience and diploma to gain entry into the course.

I am sure you will answer the questions just fine There is a lot of information out there.

I am applying part time this first year then we will see. I am happy to plug along over 5 years and know that at the end of it , I am still enjoying it and not too stressed out. My plan is to complete it in either 4 years or 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Applying for UC too

Hi Rhiannon and Annabelley

I am applying for UC midwifery too - just finishing off my application and hope to lodge next week.

I'll be mature age too (I'll be nearly 42 when I start) and have three kids.

Fingers crossed we all get in - would be good to meet up if we do and get to know a friendly face or two before it all gets going.

It's super competitive to get into I know, so just praying I do enough to make the cut.

Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon and Roogirl1973,

Great. How exciting. Would love to get to know each other and hopefully all get in. Is anyone in the southside? I am in Weston Creek.

Yes Andrea, like you I have children also and a bit worried that my application that I handed in last week may not cut it, but fingers crossed.

Rhiannon< I didn't reference things. I just wrote what I know about. I called Dale this week and she said that the midwifery department doesn't receive any applications until the closing date being the 31st Oct. So hopefully we will find out within a month what we are doing next year . I am a little unsure how I will handle to study with children but I am sure It will work out somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry girls, just called student services and we will find out about offers sometime in December .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in nsw and have enquired about this many times but I do know that unless you have a high enough atar score you will not be allowed straight into a midwifery degree you can however if you have an atar reading but it's not high enough you can do a year of bachelor of nursing as it's same as first yr midi get high marks then transfere into second yr midi or do the full bachelor course then diploma in midi.
    Once completed you can do add on courses if you wish to work in other fields.
    I still really want to be a midwife but 3 kids and uni work placement and assignments I can't see that possible until all are in school.
    I also know the work placement is harder as you have no choice to hrs or where you get put and that would suck if you don't have good support and help to back you up.

The atar score for midwifery in nsw is 97 if anyone wanted to know.
    I miss out by 10 points but 87 will get me straight into nursing where if you haven't got your HSC or any other educational courses up your sleeve you will be given sort of bottom list entry unless you do an open foundation course.

One day I'll do it...all the best to those doing it or about to do it...