+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chan87,

Sorry, BUT I am not convinced that your information is correct.

I would hate for fellow uc midwifery applicates to get incorrect information .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ANNABELLEY For This Useful Post:

Rhiannon92  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon ,

There are 15 part time spots

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ANNABELLEY View Post
    Hi chan87,

Sorry, BUT I am not convinced that your information is correct.

I would hate for fellow uc midwifery applicates to get incorrect information .
    Oh really k unless it's changed in 2 months from my recent conversation from a uni person on the phone then that's what I've been told by both Sydney and Newcastle it hasn't changed since I first went to apply in 2010.

I guess then who ever wants to apply should ring for themselves saving misunderstanding from everyone's comments but that's what I know from being told..

Good luck to applicants it would be an amazing job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chan87,

I think every uni is different. I was referring specifically to uc (university of Canberra). Being at the open day myself, I understand that for those mature aged students (like myself and others) a high Atar isn't the ONLY option. Also, nursing and midwifery are completely different courses and careers.

Good luck with your future midwifery study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon,

I did heaps of reading midwifery text books, and you- tubing and goggling ...LOL

the major issues of 'midwives' and what would be the major issues for 'child bearing women'?

yes, I found the above somewhat difficult. But I broke it down for myself, and did a lot of reading from the midwifery text books ( which I borrowed from a friend). Issues for the women- I touched on depression and lack of local support so in this example, perhaps it would not concern the midwife the same way. I think I just ranted on....really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon and Annabelley

i have been working on my application today - I am finding it difficult to answer question 1 too but think I have been overthinking it so am going to revisit it again tomorrow with fresh eyes.

I've got a few references to show my reading but am trying to keep a strong sense of me in there too.

so hard to get the balance right in half a page!

I'm in belconnen too

andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading some of this thread and realised I had contributed back before I started my Bach of Mid.

I want to wish you all good luck, it is a challenging and emotional course. I graduate next year and I feel like I might possibly get a glimpse of my life back lol.

Such an amazing career and course. When you get to study something this amazing you feel grateful for every minute and at times it is hard to keep reminding yourself of that.

Again, good luck to everyone of you and hope you get into the course. Maybe I will work alongside you one day and not even realise it :-D

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alomumma For This Useful Post:

ANNABELLEY  (14-10-2014),Rhiannon92  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's promising to hear!
    Luckily my final year is only part time because I took 4 years instead of 3 to complete.
    Now it's just chasing numbers. 4 more women out of 20 to sign and follow and then all the births etc.

I am hoping to get a part time position after a grad year. Need to regain some work/life balance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've only read your op not the comments, but I thought I would mention that I'm studying BSc Midwifery @ Curtin in WA and its external, no contact hours req. I only mention this because u have SA as the only non-contact :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's lodged!

Hi Rhiannon and Annabelley,

Well, I've lodged my application now for UC so fingers crossed we all get in!

I had that last minute urge not to push the button in case I'd forgotten something but I have to stop thinking about it - it's been all consuming lately!

We'll have to check back in here after we hear back and if we're in, we should catch up for a coffee - would be nice to know a friendly face or two when uni starts!

Meant to ask - have you both applied for full time?

Good luck to us all,
    Andrea

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Roogirl1973 For This Useful Post:

Rhiannon92  (30-10-2014)