+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Travelling with Children through Sydney International Airport

Travelling through an airport with your children can be stressful, it can also be dangerous.

There are many variables that you need to take into account as a parent.

Safety - It is important that you can find a safe space in which to spend the compulsory time in the airport when travelling internationally. This time can often be extended with gate and flight delays. In this time you will need to keep the little ones under a close watch as you wouldn't want them wondering out into the moving masses of the airport crowds. So I think that it is important to find a place that has a confined area, namely, a restaurant and not the food court. This will allow you to clearly set out the 'no-go zones' for your children.

OK so the first objective is to find a restaurant.

Health - The nutrition that you and your family consumes when you travel effects your emotional climate - as travelling can sometimes increase tension due to the stress that comes with navigating foreign areas through crowds of strangers. When you can, eat fresh food. This will allow you to avoid loading up on the preservative chemicals that are often found in pre-prepared and packaged foods. You want to depart feeling fresh for the travel ahead, not groggy and frustrated from excessive saturated fats and concentrated sugar.

OK so the second objective is to find a restaurant that serves fresh food.

Do you really have time to evaluate every food outlet for a safe space and fresh food? Definitely not!

So here they are (at Sydney International Airport) > http://on.fb.me/fuZ1KY

You can also get up-to-date information on fresh food in Sydney International here > http://bit.ly/ea65na

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The UK are not allowed to fit your car seat either - not funny when you arrive in the freezing cold at 11pm to have to choose and fit a car seat for a 9mth old

We had to taste our babies water in Heathrow too.

I'm travelling in Feb to the UK, with my daughter who will be nearly 3. I'm travelling on my own with her so am extra anxious. I've already started buying little books, stickers etc to distract her. Someone mentioned a pack of snap cards which I thought was a good idea.

I'm planning on taking lots of snacks - my worry is how I'll stop her eating them all in the wait to get on the plane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have plenty of tips for travelling with little ones if anyone is interested on our site: www.wheressharon.com
    We are currently in the Dominican Republic, have travelled round Asia and the USA and cruised with our young kids