+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Malaysian culture - traditional baby gift??

I have some friends of our family who are expecting a bub any day now. They are Malaysian and I was wondering what is a traditional gift to give when a baby is born?
    I know they have strong beliefs about what happens when bub is born. My ex-neighbour is Malaysian also and she made me this special chicken dish that is for new mothers to help build their strength back. I tell you what it worked too!!!!

If anyone could please help me that would be great. I could ask them but I would like it to be a surprise. I know money in little envelopes is always a hit but I'm not sure what they write on the envelopes either?!?
    HELP

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, i am originally frm Singapor and thouugh ur friends are Malaysian, we share the same cultural practice when comes to taking care after birth.

Why dun u make basket hamper urself. With goodies for bub and mum. This is what we usually do and receive back home .

maybe this pic will help.

http://www.prince.com.sg/gifts_produ...&currentPage=2