ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

View Poll Results: What is your house like?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Messy

27 49.09%
  • Messy and Dirty

2 3.64%
  • Spotless

12 21.82%
  • Other

14 25.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Melly_11 is offline <---------- My little princess is finally coming!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    My house is never spotless but its not dirty/filthy either. It can get messy some days. It's defenently not a mueseum or anything. It's lived in.

My step mother made us do heaps of chores every day before school and after too (some days she'd even keep us off school to clean the house) the thing is though the house was always spotless, she had a really bad case of OCD. She'd take all our clothes out of our cupboards and make us fold them over and over until it was done absolutely perfect. She'd take clothes of the clothesline if they weren't pegged out a certain way, if there was a spec of dust anywhere she'd make us clean the whole service instead of just that one little part, she'd make us vaccuum the carpet 3 or 4 times a day, not because it was dirty but because she wanted to keep the triangular pattern it the carpet and if someone walked over it it'd have to be done again.

Because of that I don't do alot. I just do the main things that need doing like dishes, washing, beds, vaccuuming, mop floors, clean bathrooms and toilets and tidy up but some days I do less than others.
    OMG you poor thing! Making others do it for her is just slack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do my best to have a neat, clean and tidy home. I admitt, once baby #4 came along, things got harder to keep on top of, but I make sure that there is no clutter, everything has a place, dishes always done, clothes always clean, beds always made...I'm just a bit slack come vaccuming. I used to do it everyday, but I now do it weekly followed by the dusting and mopping.
    The yard is another thing I have let go lately as it hasn't rained here for months and it's just dirt, sand and dust...yuk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Right at this very moment, its messy. I will clean was bugger bum has gone for an afternoon nap. Then it will be CLEAN. lol Floors are vaccumed, bathrrom clean and toilet clean. Washing is put away, beds are never made lol I dont see the point hehe I have never been a bed maker though. Then I just need to put the toys and stuff away and put the dry towles away. Then DS wakes up and messes it again lmao. SO it will be clean until then, then semi clean once he goes to bed because he picks his stuff up mostly. get a truck or something normally left out though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My mum was the same Mum2bubba. She would make me spend the whole weekend cleaning the house, doing skirting boards that weren't even dusty, vacuuming constantly. Same with in the afternoons and school holidays. I was like Cinderella

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's messy and some rooms are pretty dusty/cob weby. I really only do the bathrooms/kitchen/floors weekly, other things have to wait.
    I just don't have the time to clean the entire house every week, it's too big. I'd love to get a skip for the front lawn and just chuck half of our stuff out, we have too much which makes it harder to clean around and dust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 2 older kids will come home and tell me about their friends house if it's a bit yuk. LOL

My son tells me his friends loo and bathroom has daddy longleg spiders and webs and my daughter tells me her friends backyard is full of dog poop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house is clean ATM not sure how long that will last lol. Although the toilet floor has junk mail all over it from DP who never keeps things in a neat pile

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this very second its pretty untidy, Im in the middle of a 'Summer Clean'

Generally though it floats between clean and untidy, I clean it every day and clean 'as I go' but the boys are so quick to put toys everywhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterSweet View Post
    My house is clean ATM not sure how long that will last lol. Although the toilet floor has junk mail all over it from DP who never keeps things in a neat pile
    heheh sounds like our toilet floor on junk mail day Only its me that takes it all in there and DS that spreads it everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house is messy, I have about 4 loads of washing to do and I need to clean the bathrooms and toilets but DS and I are having a lovely day (he is napping atm) and I just can't be bothered with it atm!

Ah well, no good housekeeping award for me today...