View Poll Results: What is your house like?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Messy

27 49.09%
  • Messy and Dirty

2 3.64%
  • Spotless

12 21.82%
  • Other

14 25.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lived in. Not dirty, not overly messy (at the moment anyway) though arsenic hour (5pm) it can get quite messy, but gets cleaned up shortly after.

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by CaraT View Post
    my sister brought me a sign and i love it! It says a clean house is a sign of a wasted life.
    I've seen one that says 'dull women have clean houses'

I'm pretty clean, but a bit untidy, rather have that lived in look than a showcase where you feel you can't sit down or do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    sometimes my house is tidy but it never has that tidy feel to it. there is so much crap here and i really gotta do a huge clean up before xmas is here so i have a few days to get it in tip top shape.

generally i have found its too hard to keep clean as i am so exhausted most of the time and having alot of trouble sleeping of late so i would rather just be in bed reading or jumping on net, just something to wind down

Melly_11 is offline <---------- My little princess is finally coming!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I said Other, I'm in the middle. It's not messy but it isn't pristine either. I would say fairly clean.
    Same! Most of the time its tidy enough and its mostly clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My house is never spotless but its not dirty/filthy either. It can get messy some days. It's defenently not a mueseum or anything. It's lived in.

My step mother made us do heaps of chores every day before school and after too (some days she'd even keep us off school to clean the house) the thing is though the house was always spotless, she had a really bad case of OCD. She'd take all our clothes out of our cupboards and make us fold them over and over until it was done absolutely perfect. She'd take clothes of the clothesline if they weren't pegged out a certain way, if there was a spec of dust anywhere she'd make us clean the whole service instead of just that one little part, she'd make us vaccuum the carpet 3 or 4 times a day, not because it was dirty but because she wanted to keep the triangular pattern it the carpet and if someone walked over it it'd have to be done again.

Because of that I don't do alot. I just do the main things that need doing like dishes, washing, beds, vaccuuming, mop floors, clean bathrooms and toilets and tidy up but some days I do less than others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Other for me too

Our house is not spotless, but it's at a good standard to me.

Dishes never sit there for more than an hour or so.

Washing is always up to date.

Beds are made most mornings.

Cleaning and dusting is done weekly.

House is neat always, everything has it's place.

It looks nice 99% of the time...but it's not spotless.

Spotless to me is windows washed all the time, mopped and vacuumed daily, dashboards constantly cleaned, walls washed all the time etc... I don't have the time or energy for that. I clean as I go with kitchen and bathroom but the whole house gets done weekly

It's also hard to define your house I guess as everyone has different standards of spotless, clean, messy etc.

My house is at the point where if someone is coming over I don't have to do much to have it looking nice for when they come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well mums a cleaner haha so shes a bit frantic about cleaning ! BUT i wouldnt say its spotless but its also not messy ! just generally clean haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Other. It's clean and tidy but it's not spotless. Life is too short to keep a spotless house but I hate mess...it stresses me out so I keep on top of everything. Floors are swept and mopped every night, carpet vacuumed every second day, dusting, bathroom and kitchen get done weekly. I find it easier to keep on top of everything than have it build up and get on top of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My house has clutter, because DH refus to let me throw anything out. We have shelves of his nik-naks that don't get dusted and drive me insane. I refuse to touch them. I did clean off 2 shelves of his last weekend as I discovered ants setting up home and it took 2 hours! Hate it!

Apart from that, the house gets swept 15 times a day when DH is home (he's such a contradiction ) and mopped every 2nd day. Dishes are washed of an evening and put away in the morning. Bathrooms once a week, toilets the same unless DS1 has missed. Toys get spread around throughout the day but the wasy to tidy up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I voted messy. My house isn't putrid dirty or anything, but there are always toys all ove the floor. The washing is always done and folded and put away. The dishes often sit ont he sink til there are no clean dishes in the house though. Floors get mopped probably twice a a year, when DS was a cbaby they got mopped every day. Carpets get vaccumed probably once a week. Floor gets swept once a week. To neat freaks our house would look disgusting, but to me it is clean but messy. I feel uncomfortable when I go to someones house and it is spotless, makes me feel nervous