ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I am another Twin Mummy to be, expecting twins (first babies) in about 9 weeks time...but likely to pop early hopefully!

We dont know the sex, I am crazy I know, we decided to wait as they are IVF bubbies and I just feel blessed to have got this far already.

I look forward to chatting to you all. Its nice to find a similar bunch of girls all in the same boat...not as daunting when I need some helpful tips or advice on something.

I warn you - I will probably be the one throwing out the call for advice in the first 6-12 weeks when they arrive!!!

Take care girls
    Sparkles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Triple - Anything like to do/not to do like is it best to have them in the one cot until there too big for it anymore or is it better for them in seperate rooms in sep cots etc...

is it good to wake one of them up to feed just because the other has woken up and wants to feed?

like is it better to treat them as one baby sort to speak or treat them both as their own with feeding and all of that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Their two bubs that just happen to share a birthday, so treat them as individuals but in saying that feeding them at the same time is a life saver.

Its advised to sleep them in separate cots due to SIDS but i did sleep my girls together on the odd night just so we could all sleep. They all shared a room till 7 months when we moved house & DS got his own room.

Early days if one woke we fed them all, now if either DD wake we feed both. DS runs on his own terms.

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congrats to all the new mums-to be!!! *sigh* feels like yesterday that was me, and now I am thinking about their first birthday party!!

I'm with TT on the feeding thing. In the early days, one wakes, both up for a feed. I tandem fed, and it made the let-dows happen faster, so it took less time too. Once we hit around 6months tandem feeding wasn't as easy, so I just feed one at a time at night (yup - we are STILL waking at night at 10months - a shock to the system considering my first slept through from 5weeks!) Now they are on their own schedules....WAS similar in the morning, but now DD2 is ready to have just the one day sleep, whereas DS2 wants 2....so a little hairy!

We had same cots to start with but quickly went to separate cots as DS was really hard to settle in the early days, and he disturbed DD. Mostly they have been in the same room. They were apart for a bit, but it is easier together. We had 2 cots in our bedroom - nice and cosy!

Better go and start getting ready for the school pick-up now - THAT is fun when I have all 4kids - LOL

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hi all,

I hope no-one minds me posting in here again; I used to post in here quite frequently but then it sort of became a chat for multi- mums- to- be, so I left for a while.

Now I am modding this section so I receive all the emails for it, and it's so hard to not respond sometimes!

Anyway, quick update... boys are now 17 months and still bf. No words other than "more" atm lol... although more does get quite the workout at mealtimes!

Hopefully I can help answer some questions, and no doubt will come in here with some questions of my own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Noms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hiyas, Welcome to the new mums to be

Twins2be, I had my two in the same cot until almost 6 months, they slept very well. We only split them as they got too big. They shared again when I made them a bigger bed, but now they need to be seperate as they wake one another, and one likes the dark and one likes the light.

We don't use cots anymore, ours were dodgy and I had to get rid of them so now I sleep my two in kiddykkot playpens with clark rubber matress foam cut to size. I got one big 2x1m play pen and had the foam cut to fit it, then I bought a second big 2x1m cot and used the extra sides to make two 1x1m square cots. I just cut the matress in half. I have 3 cot sides left over and they get used to block the bubs from things. I am happy now I don't have to worry about them climbing out of their cots and falling to the ground, it is only a small fall if they climb now

Nomsie, you are a twin mummy, we NEED your input!

Both mine are up and cruising the furniture now. They have constant bruises from falling over. They can let go of things and balance for a few seconds now. They will walk holding our hands too.
    Unfortunately, my girl is a bully, if DS has a toy, she wants in and takes it, DS sort of growls at her. I am going nuts with says 'uh uh' and 'NO' all the time!

I hope everyone else is well, and sorry if I ignored anyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome to the new twin mums to be!!

shock- My DS is a bully!! he always has to have what Maddison has... he wont want it if she doesnt have it but as soon as she does he just takes it and does she carry on! LOL!!

hi everyone else!! havent been posting in here for a while. my two are just over 10 and a half months! I have one walker and one who stands up on there own but when trying to take a step just falls to the ground!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    K - Aleah's a bully as well. She's pure EVIL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your help ladies, im sure i will have ALOT more questions for you all as time goes by, but in the mean time ill be here for a chit chat are any of you from brisbane?

also, how likely is it to find out both sexes at the 19 weeks scan? Was it more ill tell you this ones a girl - come back in two weeks and hopefully we will be able to see? or was it just sort of like BAM? and you knew?

any who take care!

Talk soon xx