Closed Thread
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Susan, hun.

Dont force feed them!! It will only lead to bigger issues later on.

Im with their Pead., their your kids. You know them best.

J & L have about the same as my 3 have, they have as much as they want.

Clinic nurse sounds like a right cow to me, reason why i stopped going. I know the trip's are growing, their clothes are getting to short.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies,

My boys are 10 weeks this coming thursday...still no routine set up as yet...when did u guys start a routine with ur twins?

At the moment they are waking up every couple of hours and are only taking 120ml bottle feed. Although i feel that its slowly starting to increase...both my boys are going through the phase of baby flu so their meals were cut down but are slowly picking up. Am just finding it hard to see how much they are meant to be drinking...am just kinda giving them feeds according to how much they are demanding.
    Also i want them in a routine/schedule where they sleep say 11pm and then wake up in the morning...can any of u experienced mothers give me some advice or tips??
    They are mainly on formula at the moment...

Other then that am doing ok...i just want a routine set up...its getting hard for me...very much sleep deprived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbs View Post
    My boys are 10 weeks this coming thursday...still no routine set up as yet...when did u guys start a routine with ur twins?

Their nurses had them in one before they left NICU, we just kept it going. Goes out the window when their sick & we start again when their getting better.

Go threw the day & right down what happens when, do they have feeds about the same time each day, sleep around the same time, up around the same time? If so, you've pretty much got a routine there.
    We start the day at about the same time each day (7.30-8.00), they have their first bottle in bed & than get to play for 30min before breakfast, than get dressed & have another play before a bottle at about 9-9.30 than a sleep till 11 than another bottle at 11.30 than lunch at 12. Sleep at 1-1.30 till 3ish than a bottle. Dinner at 5 than bath bottle & bed by 7.30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Susan - I agree with you, you know your kids and what they like and want to you do what is best for you and yes if you are mashing their vegies make it with formula or in their breakfast but go with them, they will only drink what they want and no more and if you force them they are only going to fight back, they are doing so well and if it means more solids then so be it. Chelsea has gone off her vegies so I have started to introduce some V8 juice just so she is getting what she needs during the day. This clinic nurse sounds like the nurses about Breastfeeding and this makes me soooooooooooooooooooo angry. Like they said to me in sleep school you do what makes you and kids happy, if you are stressed then that is no good for anyone you need to look after you too. Sorry but they and I mean your MIL too need to butt out you are their mum and you know them better then anyone and they had their turn so yes offer advice but don't force people to do what you did, it doesn't work for everyone.

At 12 months I dropped the bottles for Chelsea and Haryson to only 1 in the AM and 1 before bed, at around 9ish months I started to introduce some cows milk in their breakfast and that and now they have cows milk before bed and Haryson has one at about 3 or 4am and that is it with the bottles. I use to give them breakfast and then 2 hrs later a bottle then bed and then lunch and then 2 hrs later a bottle then nap and then dinner then again about 2 hrs later bottle then bed then they started to drink less of these and were telling me they didn't want that bottle any more so I replaced the bottle with either morning or afternoon tea so now they have breakfast, 2 hrs later morning tea then 2 -3 hrs later lunch then nap then afternoon tea then dinner at about 5pm then bath then bottle at 7pm then bed between 7.30/8.00pm. Everything you read tells you the kids will tell you when they are ready to reduce a bottle yes formula is important in the 1st 12 months but there are other ways this can be given doesn't have to be in a bottle. My kids now drink water all day I leave their bottles somewhere were they can grap them and they drink them as they like and I just keep filling them up, listen to your kids and yourself don't let them think you are wrong they are your babies.

You are doing a fantastic job it is so hard to look after 1 baby let alone 2, it is bloody hard work and unless others have done it, they really have no idea. be proud of what you have done you kids are doing so well and developing great and that is due to you so let yourself have a cry every now and then its allowed and a must sometimes but doesn't make you a bad mum makes you normal, just intriduce more solids

Thanks
    Reviews
    bubbs - getting the kids into a routine is so hard and takes alot of work and patients and it can be done. I demand fed my kids and they were bottle fed, I tried to get them to 4 hour feeds but they were hungry kids so I was so 3 hr feeds and only kept them awake for 2 hours at a time and put them down for a nap at about 4mths I started to introduce solids just to push out their bottle feeds longer. They went down at night at about 7pm and I would fed them again at abot 10pm and they would most days sleep 8 hrs overnight before another fed I think the top up bottle at 10pm helped. Do the same thing every day without a break and they will catch on, get out in the sun as this helps the kids get sleepy but the trick to routine is some thing day in day out and everntually they will be telling you how they like it. DH and I use to take turns at night to get up to the kids try if you are using dummies doing in and wrapping putting the dummies in and seeing if that helps making them go longer during the night and I try not to let the kids sleep past 4pm as this helps making them sleepy for night time, I use to give them a bath at about 5pm and then bottle play and then bed, top up at about 10pm

When they are sick you and forget about rountine just make sure they are getting plenty of fluids try some boiled water

You will get it, it takes time but you will get there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im with Bec. She's a bit more forceful than i am. Lol

Go with your gut & follow L & J's lead. Formula doesnt have to come in a bottle for it to be counted in the in take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Routines are fun. We did not have one until bubs were 6 months. Before that it was a loose routine. We demand fed and fed them both when one woke for a feed. We put them both down for naps at the same time and just tried to do everything with them together.

Susan, I am with krystal. Do what you think is right. I stopped going to the nurses for similar reasons. I went back the other day and even though they are happy healthy and putting on weight, she still found it neccessary to tell me I am feeding them too much and tell me that they do not need custards and gels and such, I do not feed them jar food, let alone constant custards. I think they just need to find something to ***** about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where is everyone? How r bubs n bumps? Any new arrivals yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

the thread is pretty dead at the moment but is it cool if i join?

This is my first pregnancy and i am 16 weeks with fraternal twins!

im 18 (i no young) and my partner is 27, he has a 4 year old son already so he knows partially what to expect, but me on the other hand, i feel information on twins is lacking alot!

i want to no everything i possibly can that is going to benefit my children and myself, so any thing anyone has to say will definatly be taken on board!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Tiffany

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiffany - I was 21 when i had my 3, so not much older.

What would you like to know?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast