ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic!!! Well done to you and your little ones!!!

How are the twin mum's going this week..... i'm struggling ladies, need some pep talks!!

35 weeks next week and these babies are HUGGGGE, I think i'm going to have another downward spiral week of crying in the shower, i've had only tenderness and the occasional sharp shot of pain up the front but that's IT!

No shows, no contractions (that i know of) and had an internal done on Saturday with no signs of impeding labour....

Talk me through it girls.. give me hope.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    it's not forever! they'll be out before you know it...and then you'll really know what busy feels like! *hugs

Sent from my GT-I5503T using Bubhub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

tw1nmummy  (06-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had convinced myself that I was having these babies at 34 weeks and every day past that was torture! We went to 37 + 4 and while I was very over it, my body wasn't ready for labour and ended up needing emergency c-section after failed induction under general anaesthetic. I wonder if i had gone naturally if things would have Been different. Babies were born 6pd13 and 6pd3.
    I understand how u feel but hang in there! Every day they are safe in u is another day that'll make it easier when they're born! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I joined this thread a while back but haven't posted in ages - had work to finish up, bought and sold houses, moved and had my babies... my boy/girl twins were born on the 28th of September via c/s - made it to 37+3. No complications with myself or the bubbas - they were really good sizes 3.2kg & 2.7 respectively. Things are going ok - just adjusting to being a mummy and a mummy of two at that! I was hoping that some experienced multiple mums might be able to give me some advice regarding sleep and their newborns. How did you get your twins onto a similar routine with regards to sleep? They eat well so I am pretty sure the reluctance to sleep isn't due to hunger. My son had trouble with wind but I am pretty sure we have that sorted. I always check their bums of course to see if they have dirty nappies that could be unsettling them. I am having trouble with the twins napping and not wanting to sleep at all through the day (which I think is making them very overtired). I personally find it very hard hearing them cry in their bassinets but I'm not sure what else to do. Basically, I put them down, listen for them on the monitors, if they start to cry I wait a minute to see if they are really upset, go in and settle them, come out again and wait by the monitors again to see if they cry again. If they do, I will give it a sec to see if they are really upset and go in and settle again. My little girl twin will just keep crying and crying so I have had to extend the time between when I leave and go back in again. I put her down at 12pm for a sleep and I think she finally went to sleep about 10 minutes ago... I guess what I am after from everyone is what did you do, what worked for you? I really, really hate listenig to my babies cry (who wouldn't) but I'm not sure they will ever learn to self settle if I keep running in there at the first sound they make. I would just let them sleep in my arms all day if I could but with two babies and no help during the day this isn't practical I am formula feeding 4 hourly (between 120-180mls) together when I am home alone, individually but at the same time when DH is around. It would also be good to hear how you fed your twins for those that formula fed - did you do it at the same time or individually?

I would be grateful for any advice or tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tw1nmummy View Post
    That's fantastic!!! Well done to you and your little ones!!!

How are the twin mum's going this week..... i'm struggling ladies, need some pep talks!!

35 weeks next week and these babies are HUGGGGE, I think i'm going to have another downward spiral week of crying in the shower, i've had only tenderness and the occasional sharp shot of pain up the front but that's IT!

No shows, no contractions (that i know of) and had an internal done on Saturday with no signs of impeding labour....

Talk me through it girls.. give me hope.
    Hey tw1nmummy, I just had my twinnies and know exactly how you feel. I only had them at 37+3 as my little girl had stopped growing - doctors thought it was better out than in! I was totally exhausted and tbh, when they said they were bringing my c/s forward I wasn't too disappointed! Now that they are here, I have already forgotten all the discomfort - they are worth every second of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naeby10 View Post
    Hi everyone, I joined this thread a while back but haven't posted in ages - had work to finish up, bought and sold houses, moved and had my babies... my boy/girl twins were born on the 28th of September via c/s - made it to 37+3. No complications with myself or the bubbas - they were really good sizes 3.2kg & 2.7 respectively. Things are going ok - just adjusting to being a mummy and a mummy of two at that! I was hoping that some experienced multiple mums might be able to give me some advice regarding sleep and their newborns. How did you get your twins onto a similar routine with regards to sleep? They eat well so I am pretty sure the reluctance to sleep isn't due to hunger. My son had trouble with wind but I am pretty sure we have that sorted. I always check their bums of course to see if they have dirty nappies that could be unsettling them. I am having trouble with the twins napping and not wanting to sleep at all through the day (which I think is making them very overtired). I personally find it very hard hearing them cry in their bassinets but I'm not sure what else to do. Basically, I put them down, listen for them on the monitors, if they start to cry I wait a minute to see if they are really upset, go in and settle them, come out again and wait by the monitors again to see if they cry again. If they do, I will give it a sec to see if they are really upset and go in and settle again. My little girl twin will just keep crying and crying so I have had to extend the time between when I leave and go back in again. I put her down at 12pm for a sleep and I think she finally went to sleep about 10 minutes ago... I guess what I am after from everyone is what did you do, what worked for you? I really, really hate listenig to my babies cry (who wouldn't) but I'm not sure they will ever learn to self settle if I keep running in there at the first sound they make. I would just let them sleep in my arms all day if I could but with two babies and no help during the day this isn't practical I am formula feeding 4 hourly (between 120-180mls) together when I am home alone, individually but at the same time when DH is around. It would also be good to hear how you fed your twins for those that formula fed - did you do it at the same time or individually?

I would be grateful for any advice or tips!
    First of all, they are babies. They'll sleep when they are ready, mine self settled when they were good & ready (4+ months). We have a routine from the get go thanks to NICU.

If you have bouncers, put them in them after a feed & bounce them with you feet while you have a cuppa. Or invest in swings, best thing we ever did & let them sleep in them. They're still getting used to the outside world, just the same as your getting used to them.

Trust me, it doesnt last forever. My 3 are 2.5 & sleep like logs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies (and the odd gent)
    I'm Kurt, my wife and i have found out that we are having twins. Very exciting for us, but also quite daunting. We already have a gorgeous girl Mabel who is 15m. I just wanted to say, and thanks for all the info that is already here on the forum. i think i've read about 100 pages in the last week, trying to get our heads around the unexpected news.
    DW has been excited but also a little stressed and sick, but she's also taking solice in the fact that there are so many women willing to be open about their experiences.I'm sure we will be asking lots and LOTS of questions in the coming months.

kurt

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hi all,

A brand new fresh thread here