ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    To give you an idea we get
    Family tax a & b
    Large family -3+ kids
    Multiple birth allowance - triplets plus

There is a calculator on the family assistance website, I found it as confusing as all get out & rang to find out what we could get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We get FTB A and B and I get PPP as DF is on a low income.

We got double baby bonus, very handy.

I am waiting for CL to pull their fingers out and sort out the payments for the newbie.

Congrats to all the new Multiple mums-to-be!

I put this in the main part, but I thought it was bad with all the comments on multiples, but multiples AND a newborn, EVERYONE stops me, not every second or third person.

Zzzzzz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get A & B but its not alot it wouldnt even cover formula and nappies for a fortnight

Tripletime - the multiples allowance is only for triplets up correct ..they dont class twins as mutliples (how they come to that conculsion is beyond me)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaDeeWhy View Post
    Tripletime - the multiples allowance is only for triplets up correct ..they dont class twins as mutliples (how they come to that conculsion is beyond me)
    Correct, only answer I can come up with is that average family has 2 kids. Gov./centerlink don't class twins as a multiple birth, I also think some of has to do with saving money too. Other wise they'd be paying an extra 250000 multiple allowances each year instead of 60.

Mind you, it's not a lot. Didn't cover nappies or formula in the early days & now just covers our PHI. Good thing is it's been extended to till the kids are 16 instead of 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Correct, only answer I can come up with is that average family has 2 kids. Gov./centerlink don't class twins as a multiple birth, I also think some of has to do with saving money too. Other wise they'd be paying an extra 250000 multiple allowances each year instead of 60.

There isnt 250,000 multiple births each year in Australia though, its only 4000-5000 so it wouldnt hurt them to recognise twins as multiples and provide some sort of assistance, even if its only being eligble to receive the baby bonus as a lump sum to help with set up costs.

Stayday- there isnt really any assistance for twins from c/link. Karicare offer formula discounts and lots of places offer multiple discounts so its worth asking for. The best bet is to get into contact with your local multiple birth association club!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Timestwo For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (20-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm going to be a proud Noona to twins My daughter J is around (one dr says 11.5weeks the other says 12.2) so somewhere in between there . J has a scan today and was told she is having Monochorionic diamniotic twins. J is very excited yet very nervous at the prospects of them arriving! Just thought we would say hi and get involved in the multiples section (thanks tripletime) look forward to chatting with everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Girls just a quick one to see who lives around Newcastle (i know TT is and i think Sheer Bliss maybe?)

We are heading there in just udner two weeks and wondered if you lovely ladies wanted to meet up some where for say morning tea or something? We will be there Saturday 19th Feb.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Susan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just thought we would do an update on J's pregnancy, well she is 17 weeks tomorrow carrying mo/di twins, had her morph scan done today and low and behold she's having "BOYS" will make a very welcome addition to a house full of girls everything is going great, she has her appetite back and is feeling great, me being the organised mum i am take tummy pics every week so she can reflect on her journey with her boys in the years to come! WOW can't beleive I get 2 grand son's soooo can't wait to meet them! anyhow she has another scan in 2 weeks time and booked in with the OB for a months time, hope everyone else is doing well and we will update again soon. Melissa and Jessie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi worriedmum and everyone else I wanted to get involved as
    i have 7week old twin girls (my 1st babies). I'm sure I'll need some help at many stages thru out the coming weeks/months/years! ha. I am a twin myself so my mum is a huge help but I thought it'd be great to chat with some who are going thru this now too!

I am breastfeeding but only do 1 at a time most of the time as they don't take too long to feed and I find it more relaxing (when the other one is still asleep) and it usually takes just as long and is a bit stressful doing both, as 1 will need burping or will finish and wants cuddles when the other is still feeding.

What is everyone else doin feeding wise-or did as some are all grown up now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My trio are 2 in 9 weeks *sobs*

I formula fed from birth, in hospital we fed one at a time cause there was always in extra person floating around. When they came home at 7 weeks, they were on 4 hourly feeds. One person would feed 2, other feed 1 & next feed swap. At 9 weeks DH went back to work for days a week from 2pm to 2am I was on my own with them. Depending on the time of day & how awake I was on if I fed 3 at once or 2 than 1.

You'll find a away that works for you & get your flow.