Closed Thread
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys I just posted this in my Sept group so ill copy it here;

Hi all,

I have not even read the last few pages, DF just bought the laptop in the hospital just wanted to say Max Paul (4.1lbs) and Michael Sam (4.4lbs) born at 2020 hrs and 2023 hours on 31/08/10. They are in SCN but doing very well. Just regulating temps and feeding in a tube but have had heaps of cuddles.

I will get back on later tonight to read up on everything and write a proper birth storey.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=12598

Bubs4Me is offline Mummy of beautiful twin boys!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!! They are gorgeous!! Well done! Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!! super cute. Hope you are recovering well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats they are very cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    its a bit quiet in here at the moment.

We just came back from the morning hospital visit. It was weigh in day for the boys (1week old) Max is 135g above his birth weight and Michael is 105g above (he is the bigger bub so the gap is closing)

They are having 3 suck feeds a day. 2 on the breast and 1 bottle the rest are still tube feeds. They are getting better at sucking. Max had a tiny tongue tie that was snipped yesterday and he is sucking well now. Michael has a really small one but they not sure wether to bother snipping it or not yet. My Ped is pretty pedantic which is great. I was getting a bit tense yesterday after a bad breast feed attempt and DF keeps remindig me they are only 1 week old - they WILL get better.

I find the twin feed hard, i cant attach them myself, i need the midvives to get them on but they say as they become better suckers the attachment will be easier.
    Im expressing every 3 hours to increase my supply so its all EBM and only tiny amount of formula if needed to top up.

I have been running around doing too much im getting exhausted now and my incision is getting sore. Im only 3kg off my pre preg weight already in a week. Im drinking and eating sooooo much. My hospital is great too they provide both DF and I a meal when we go into feed, for free. The food is fantastic too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam,

Thanks for posting your 1st week experiences! Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!!

I'm booked for 1/10/10 for the twins. I hope I make it that far as I like the date and it would be fantastic to keep them in for that long. Time will tell.

Keep us posted on the boys progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessicana

I know how you are feeling..great to hear the boys are doing great ...We are at week 5 in the NCC and have just started try to BF one of the girls the other is still a little small to try yet but once she reaches 1.5kgs i will have to try to double BF feed i still cant produce enough EBM to feed them both and i have to get them a top up with formula .. Can be very fustrating at times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

My boys came home today. A discharge weight of Max 2540grams and Michael 2610grams -
    we roomed in with them in the hospital last night to have a go at doing all their feeds. We breastfeed and top up with EBM - so far so good but pretty scary stuff having them home now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jessicana
    Congratulations on getting your boys home - it can be quite overwhelming with one, let alone 2- but they are great weights, get plenty of rest when they are sleeping....
    Just wanted to wish you the best of luck

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessicana, I agree, it can get overwhelming. When our boys came home from the SCN there were some nights where we both virtually got no sleep and then spent the next day walking around like zombies. My best advice is wake the other for a feed and feed together as they're then more likely to settle together. My guys are now 5 months and still breastfed they are sleeping 8 hours a night, so there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it can be done whilst breastfeeding.