ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    mumbron is online now Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls just another update from me I had my U/S today and hospital appointment and T1 is breach and T2 is head down also had an internal and i'm 2cm dilated and the dr said not long now i'm 35+4 days today he also gave me a date to be induced if they haven't come by themselves in the meantime so next week some time looks like the cut of for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    did any of you fabulous multi mummies use a sling when your multi's arrived if so which one? or which would you recommend?

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a bubba moe and hug-a-bub that we used from birth, and then a mei tai from about 6months. The HAB can be used for both bubbas at the same time - you can't get much done while wearing 2 bubbas, but it can help soothe them when both cranky and you are alone.

We also had 2 bubba moe slings (we had one from DS1 and my sis had one for my niece) and we each held a bubba when out in the early days. Swine flu was in it's panic stage and i didn't want people walking up to the pram touching them lots.

The ergo - I still use now, esp at dinner time and one (usually DD2) is being crabky and I need to get dinner done for the others. She goes on my back, so it's easy to still cook with her a fair way away from the stove/oven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a baby bjorn and then switched to the ergo at about 5 months old. I found the baby bjorn easier than the ergo and newbown insert. Neither were small enough to use with my twins though. I think minimum weight is 3.5 kg for the baby bjorn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just used a WAHM made sling. I had two and (rarely) I could double sling them. DF and I walked them home from the hospital rugged up in them though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just snuck into the August thread.

CONGRATULATIONS BRON!

Hope little Little Darling boys are doing well.

Bubs4Me is offline Mummy of beautiful twin boys!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so this will probably be a pretty long post so bare with me.

Just got back from antinatal visit. Didn't get to hear heartbeats but she did do a scan so got to see bubbies! The reason she did the scan is because she wanted to check on my placentas as they have fused together. She said that this may cause issues as it might mean that one twin will grow better than the other. I have got a referal for a scan at 26 weeks to check on growth and she said I'll be having one every 2 - 3 weeks after that.

She also mentioned that my blood pressure is quite high 140/80. She said for my age it should be like 120/70. If it does go any higher this could turn into hypertention. So this is something else they need to keep an eye on. She also said that if I were to have high blood pressure towards the end that they would probably opt for a C/S!!

On the topic of birth she said that if everything looks good and twins are in the right position there's no reason why I can't have a vaginal birth! She said that they actually prefer it as it's an easier recovery for me. I told her that I'm all for it!!!

I asked about the veins in my legs and she said the only thing I can do is get pressure stockings which are very uncomfy or get two pairs of thick tights and wear them on top of each other. I have to keep an eye on them and try not to knock them. If it clots I'll be straight off to emergency! She asked me what type of work I do and when I said I work in retail she asked if I'm on my feet all day. Obviously the answer was yes. She said well you won't be able to do that for long is there any way of changing what your doing.( Well no how would I do that!) I then said I've booked to go on maternity leave at 30 weeks and she just gave me a yeah good luck kinda look. Now I don't know if I should be leaving earlier!??!

Umm what else... Oh yeah I've put on 10kg!!!!! Aaargghhh!! She didn't seem worried but I am!! I wasn't exactly slim to start with! I'm def gonna be a whale!!!

Ok so I probably missed some things but yeah alot to think about. I think I'm a bit scared now. I know they just give you all the details and all the 'can' happens but gee not looking great so far =(
    At least the good news is that the twins are perfectly healthy and were even head butting each other in the scan (typical boys) lol! I'm just hoping my body can keep up with them!
    14-18 weeks to go!!
    Another antinatal appt in 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    PE (pre eclampier(spl))/hypertension can be a problem & cause growth restrictions, liver & kidney failure. Not always but can, if your monitored closely it shoudnt get to that point.

Fused placenta's in fraternal's can cause the same problems as shared placenta's in ID's, low blood flow between siblings resulting in TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome)/restricted growth (IUGR). There is a hospital in Sydney that does laser surgery to kill the the large vein's causing the problem.

I can understand the close eye their keeping on your & it is a really good thing. The earlier they stop the problem the better the out come.

I personally, cant see you working till 30 weeks. Being on your feet all day isnt going to help your legs or BP.
    If i were you, id be finishing ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bron on your wee boys.

Here's to a speedy trip home.