Closed Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have fun shopping. I did ours online, as i do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats bubbs!!!! Thats so awesome - what a wonderful Xmas present/s.

Triple time - I so need to do some serious Xmas shopping, I am so panicked. People keep calling asking what the twins want .....

Sparklesare - I didnt feel the twins till 21 weeks and when it happens you definately will know. I was sitting waiting for a hair appt and felt my first kick!

Guys - the twins are now 8 weeks old and at Xmas there will be heaps of relatives (including) kids wanting a hold of them. We have done a few public outings with them in the pram but no one holding them etc. I am very worried about them catching something and realise I have no control over this. When friends visit at home, I make them wash their hands before I pass them over. Am I being a paranoid mum?? They are only really meant to be 2.5 weeks old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by empty View Post

Triple time - I so need to do some serious Xmas shopping, I am so panicked. People keep calling asking what the twins want .....

Guys - the twins are now 8 weeks old and at Xmas there will be heaps of relatives (including) kids wanting a hold of them. We have done a few public outings with them in the pram but no one holding them etc. I am very worried about them catching something and realise I have no control over this. When friends visit at home, I make them wash their hands before I pass them over. Am I being a paranoid mum?? They are only really meant to be 2.5 weeks old.

If people ask what the twins want, say clothes in 1 or 2 sizes up. Safes you buying them.

I was the same when we came home. I MADE everyone wash their hands or atleast gel them before they held them. Your doing it for their own safety, nothing paranoid about that. If it safes you a hospital stay or Dr.'s appointment its worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure who lives in the Canberra region, but if you do and have been looking for a photographer to take some family pics, then I would like to share this link with you. He comes highly recommended to me, we are using him to get the kids photos done. I have seen his work and it looks fantastic and what he charges is totally reasonable.

http://www.mobephotography.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas hope all had a wonderful day and got spoilt. You have to love this time of year, but all the work that goes into one day is amazing, but I can only imagine what next year will be like with 3 on the move I think I lost about a kg just chasing around the kids, but happy to say put it back on with all the food I ate and the wine went down so nicely. Our celebrations started on Christmas Eve were we had a early dinner at mums place yum hot dinner it was so nice and then we had a family morning on Christmas day and then off to Darren’s mum for a late lunch, it was sad as the kids couldn’t take advantage of their outdoor toys due to the rain but I am not complaining it is so nice and needed. Then boxing day was afternoon tea with Darren’s dad and the kids got spoilt from all their aunts and uncles and Nan and pops, so it was fun and so stress free. Last year was crazy and so stressful so this year we made a rule that we don’t go anywhere until the kids wake from their after lunch nap, this making happy children for the afternoon. Darrens mum wasn’t to happy with this idea but it had to be done, and overall it was very affective only down fall was going to other peoples places is a lot harder to keep track of the kids atleast at our house the kids can run and do what they like as we have it set up for them but other homes it can be crazy but it is still fun

I have a question someone might be ablt to help me with. A the moment Chelsea is driving me bananas she is refusing her dinner and I have no idea why and so I do the right thing and make different meals but still no go so I tried offering her dinner at lunch time and still nothing. I give the kids Wheatbix and tinned fruit for breakfast as they won’t eat fresh fruit even when I puree it. Then morning tea some sutaners and some cheese. Then lunch a sandwich and a yoghurt and then afternoon tea some custard or chocolate mousse and then dinner is a meat and vegies and then a bottle before bed. Today I made a sausage, pasta and roast vegies pasta bake and this is what I gave them for lunch today, Haryson no worries at all but not Chelsea, I even tried sitting her on my lap and getting her to feed herself with folk she ate bits but wanted to fed the dog the rest. Dinner tonight I brought some bubble n squeak in hope she eats this. I have tried mashing all the vegies but she eats around in and only eats the meat then roasting the vegies or making an omelette or fritters something’s work but not often enough, she is pushing her luck at the moment and god only hopes it is a stage

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles, I started feeling some movement around 14 weeks and since about 17 weeks its been constant. But this is my 5th pregnancy and I've felt movements much earlier with each pregnancy. With my first, it was right on 20 weeks I felt the first real movements. It feels a bit like a grumbling tummy at first, then you get to recognise the kicks, and only after about 3-4 weeks of this can you feel the kicks, gently, when you put your hand on your abdomen. Be guaranteed that if DH/DP feels your belly, nothing will happen!

Macca, I've been there and done that with kiddies refusing food. Keep persisting, but dont make a fuss if she doesn't eat something, but do make a big fuss if she does start eating something she previously didn't. It's enough to send you insane, but eventually they do grow out of it.

As for me, getting the 20 week scan tomorrow. Cant wait to find out the sexes, although DH doesn't want to know, so I'm not telling friends of family. My OB at the last u/s suspected 2 girls, which would suit me just fine (my 2 boys have been nightmares these holidays!)

Does anyone know where I can get a decent, and not too expensive, twin breastfeeding pillow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I havent been in here in awhile so thought id update on my little ones. i have had a name change i used to be hope dream believe and before that mummy2twins.

Maddy and Lucas will be 8 months old on the 6th Jan! Maddy is crawling and Lucas is comando crawling and they love it! they have been a lot more settled since they have been able to move around which is fanastic!

They have finally slept through for the past 4 nights which is so good... had 4 nights of no sleep trying to get them to do it but its so worth it now!!

Lucas is 8.7 kg and Maddy is 7.1kg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself..I'm Melissa 13 weeks pregnant with twins!!! this is my 3rd pregnancy in 2 years and the first successful one!!! major suprise when we found out it was twins...was really scared at the 12 weeks scan that there would only be on ebaby but alas there they were my beautiful twins..Went looking at baby shops today. Very daunting thinking about 2 of everything....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by boygirlboygirl View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a decent, and not too expensive, twin breastfeeding pillow?

Should be able to hire them from your local multiple birth assoc.

Sorry i havent been around Ladies, kids are really doing my head in. Aleah's now commando crawling, Tahlia kinda is & James is jealous cause he cant.

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Krystal, the days of peace are over. Wait til you have to go out and spend a small fortune on babyproofing house items. I dont envy you one bit.

Welcome Melissa, looks that like me, you were rewarded with your losses with a double blessing, funny how nature works.

Had my 20 week scan yesterday. Both babies just perfect and growing wonderfully. Was sort of hoping that at least 1 would be a girl, but looks like I'm following my trend of Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl, as its 2 boys!!! Looks like I'm in for a houseful of dirty sneakers and footy gear in a few years. Might enrol them in something tamer like gymnastics as soon as they're old enough to run.

Happy New Year to everyone! Undoubtedly I'll be spending mine asleep.