+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Well Mummy, the countdown is really on now for you! your friend can help turn bubba. If not, do as much research as you can about CS and know that it really can be a positive birth experience Hope you are feeling better too, you don't won't to be feeling crook in these last few weeks..

Jo - Oh no, I unfortunately lost all my info on my early HCG levels so wish I could compare, and I don't want to give you false hope but the levels can range so much! How would the nurse know for sure? When do you have more BT's?

Spanna - sorry to hear that about your ex to you & you get your long awaited BFP very soon

Poobear - so so pleased for you that you have passed the same stage where you lost Jennifer, and to hear all is going well. Such exciting times ahead for you too! for a little boy!!!

Hopeful - I am also hoping you are ok.

AFU - all good here, Lily is now over 6 months old, sits up on her own, has 6 teeth and said mumumum the other day - made my day!!
    And I have started 10 hours a week working from home, so far so good. Once I get into the swing of things it will be much smoother & organised.

I don't post often but I get all your updates by e-mail & you're all often in my thoughts!

Take care all of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jo i found this for you...

HCG level for single baby (mIU/ml or IU/L)

WEEK (DAYS AFTER CONCEP) HCG LEVEL
    Week 3 (7) 0 to 5
    Week 4 (14 next period due) 5 to 426
    Week 5 (21) 18 to 7340
    Week 6 (28) 1,080 to 56,500
    Weeks
    7 to 8 (35 to 42) 7,650 to 229,000
    Weeks
    9 to 12 (49 to 70) 25,700 to 288,000
    Weeks
    13 to 16 (77 to 100) 13,300 to 254,000
    Weeks
    17 to 24 4,060 to 165,400
    Weeks
    25 to birth of baby 3,640 to 117,000
    4 to 6 weeks after birth Less than 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for the info bubanails. My blood test was taken 16dpo & 11 days post 5 day old embryo transfer.This is really hard & frustrating. They have given me absolutely no chance with a level of 32. Apparantely my progesterone had also dropped. They expected that I would have already started to bleed on Friday or over the weekend & of course nothing has happened. It's so hard to know I am pregnant finally but that it's not going to last. If it's going to go I wish it would just happen, the waiting is killing me. I have to wait until Friday to have another blood test.

Riss - how lovely to hear from you. Lily is just gorgeous & sounds like she is going along really well. How wonderful it must have been to hear her say that!

to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am 33 and DH & I have been TTC#1 for 6.5 yrs. Originally we were told our issues were male factor only, but have since found some sneaky female factors too (thyroid antibodies and endo). I usually hang out in the IVF threads, but noticed some of you are IVFers too and thought I'd finally say Hi after being a long time lurker! Hope you have room for one more.

Josephine- it was your post that compelled me to speak up... just 2 weeks ago I had HCG of 30 at 16dpo/11dpt. I also had a blastocyst transfer. Like you I was told it didn't look good (my clinic wanted >100) and to have a 2nd BT in 2 days. Well in those 2 days waiting, I googled like a madwoman and found SO MANY success stories where HCG's started low and resulted in healthy pregnancies. The range that Bubbanails quoted of 5-426 is totally normal for 16dpo. This is a sticky thread in the IVF forum that has HCG levels from Betabase & other sources http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...levels-for-DPO. The level itself is not so critical, its the doubling time that matters, so hang onto hope! I can't believe you're waiting til Friday for another BT, thats a loooong time to be stuck in limboland . I hope the results show your levels are doubling beautifully . Sadly my 2nd BT was only 34, so the chemical pregnancy was confirmed. My AF came one week after that.

Spanna- oh that story about your ex! I dread hearing about 'whoopsies' on one night stands, its definitely not fair

Mummyplease & Poobear- congrats on your thriving bubbas!

Riss- nice of you to hang around after graduating. Congrats on your DD! Hearing 'Mum' for the first time sounds magical

Hi to any other ladies on this thread, seems to be a pretty quiet one!

AFM- We just finished our 4th IVF/ICSI cycle, which gave us our first BFP, but turned out to be a chem pg. Coincidentally it was our first cycle after a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy/uterine biopsy. We were devastated it wasn't viable, but it is reassuring to know I can conceive and hopefully we can capitalise on the post-M/C fertility spike. Taking a break this cycle then planning to do FET in early Sep, we have 2 frosties and really hope one of them is going to be our long-awaited sticky bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lindylou - welcome to our little group. I will have to get myself organised & head on over to the IVF section too at some stage. Was trying not to think about it too much this month. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles to get pregnant & your chemical pregnancy. Thank you for sharing your story. I too have spent a bit of time researching levels etc, but am trying not to get my hopes up. I just wish I could get out of limboland now & move on! My clinic also wanted >100. I think the reason they are so sure is because of the low progesterone, but I would have preferred to have had another blood test sooner, just to know for sure. I have everything for you that your next cycle will be successful. The nurse I spoke to said to take this as a very positive sign!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Josephine- Thanks for the welcome & your well wishes! Can you go to your regular GP for a BT request and local pathology for the blood draw? Waiting til Friday for the clinic to do it would just kill me, 2 days was bad enough. We were also told to take it as a good sign. I have had many previous cycle buddies luck out with a chemical and then get a sticky on the next cycle, so I have high hopes for our next FET . I hope you'll be one of those miracles that prove the Dr's wrong , but if not, then I hope it is resolved quickly so you can move on... Do you have any more frosties?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo

I just wanted to quickly pop by after you mentioned the low progesterone. I do remember in my early days - about 19dpo - my HCG levels were lowish/not ideal and I was put onto progesterone supplements.
    Obviously the health professionals know what they're doing but maybe this is something to consider too?
    It would also drive me bonkers having to wait that long for a BT, if I remember correctly mine were every 2-3 days and that was through a fertility clinic.

Hi Lindylou & welcome (even though I'm technically not a member here now )
    Thanks for your congrats, I was in this thread for 18mths, some of that time with some of the lovely ladies in here, so it's hard to completely let go)
    Wishing you all the best for a sticky BFP soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Just a quick one from me, I really should be lying uncomfortably in bed trying to sleep but I think I overdid the naps today lol

Jo - sorry that the levels were not as high as you would have liked but I am surprised that they are making you wait so long for another BT, I would just call and get another one done tomorrow, it's not fair to have to wait so long. I have my fingers crossed that they have increased!

Lindy - welcome to our little group. Wow, you much be a very strong willed woman to have been ttc for so long, I was over it after 2 years and just one IVF cycle so far (5 transfers). Sorry the last transfer didn't result in a successful pregnancy but it is certainly encouraging that you can get pregnant so I hope the next transfer is very sticky for you!

Riss - lovely to hear from you and hear how Lily is going, it feels like just yesterday that you gave birth!

Poobear - glad the pregnancy is going well.

AFM - just trying to turn this breech bubba around - am now trying something called moxibustion which is to do with acupuncture - hard to explain and a weird thing to try but I will give anything a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I thought let you all know I am pregnant I am 8 weeks now. So the first month of temping and OPK worked for us. We had a US last week and saw the heart beat all great. I saw the yolk and asked if that was another baby silly me I didn't know about it. But thankfully it is only one as I had a high HCG test at about 5 weeks.

Good luck to everyone and

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, new to this thread

just wanted to say congratulations to bump2b

AFM I start my first FSH injections cycle tonight don't like needles!!

a little about our journey so far....
    we have been TTC#1 since June 2010, I'm 33 with PCOS and hypothyroidism, DH is 37 (turning 38 this year) - his swimmers are all in the average to normal range. Have tried one cycle of clomid, but it had no effect and turns out I'm in the 20% of people that clomid will not work for - so we're embarking on the next stage of our journey with the FSH injections and timing DTD, next step after that (if it doesn't work) will either be continuing FSH but adding in IUI... or IVF.

to all!