+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    spanna500 is offline im not greedy...even one would be nice!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    well gals made it to 12 DPO and no AF. still BFN
    i also wanted to share with u ladies i saw in BigW last night that FR are now $9 for a 3 pack!

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BEAR: I think i've probably put on some weight after the 12 day holiday i've just come back from but then again, that's totally normal to gain weight during vaction time, right? I'll be getting back to the treadmill now that my knee and back aren't giving me grief. But it definitely is nice when other people notice that i've lost weight. I hope I can keep it up.

I'm so glad to hear that bub is doing well. I think it's a definite good sign. Sending lots of your way for a trouble free pregnancy, Sweetie.

MUMMY: Like i've just said to Poobear, I know i've put some weight on during my holiday and i'm okay with that. I have to enjoy myself and not worry too much about it, but now that i'm back, it's time to get back on the band wagon and say good bye to the holiday weight gain.

Um, I don't know if i've put on here about my situation, but I can't fall pregnant unless I have IVF. I have 2 bocked tubes and I can't have IVF unless I get my BMI down to 35 so until then nothing is going to happen.

SPANNA: Big to you Sweetie for your BFN. I hope something happens for you soon. Either a BFP or AF.

AFM: Headiing off to work now. Will pop in later to bore you all with my vacation stories. Have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - Great to hear that you had a good holiday and believe me, I always put on weight on holidays too (it's expected - in fact I put on 3kgs on my honeymoon in 10 days - that must be a record!)

I can't remember if you mentioned having to go through IVF but if you have any questions at all which I may be able to answer, feel free to ask or pm me. I am surprised that you have to get your BMI to 35 to be able to start (have you asked around about that one?) but either way, I think the positive to come from having to lose the weight it that you have a great motivation to do it - so that you can get your much wanted BFP and hold your baby in your arms. I know you will lose the weight as you seem like such a positive person and I know how much you want a baby!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyplease For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b (12-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my gorgeous girls! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! I've missed you all and have been dying to know what's been happening so seems like i've got a $hit load to catch up on.

Had a lovely 11 days away just chilling and doing nothing. Well except cleaning up after some very dirty and smelly fishermen. The fish were totally going off and we caught heaps. Now my freezer is starting to look like Kalis Bros with so many fish. The swell was pretty bad first 3-4 days so I didn't go out other wise I would have provided the burley for the boys. I did go out one day though and scored myself 5 fish, 3 of which were undersized so we had to throw them back. Was bummed about it, but was really happy that I caught fish. Especially ones from the ocean and not the stupid river.

Here's some of the fish the boys caught on day one.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/media/set/?set=a.10150286474584922.405446.748434921

Here's day 2's catch
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=10150286475144922&set=a.10150286474 584922.405446.748434921&type=1&theater

Day 3
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=10150286476284922&set=a.10150286474 584922.405446.748434921&type=1&theater

And me with my catches.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=10150293642979922&set=a.10150286474 584922.405446.748434921&type=1&theater

I've put more photos of the trip on FB if anyone wants to have an gander. There are heaps more fishing photos too. Looking back at them, makes me sad because I didn't want to leave. But DH said that we will definitely be going back there again for sure.

Plus to end the vacation nicely and put the icing on the cake, I got a call from a school who wanted me to do a full term of relief work for them! Was so ecstatic and DH and my family are so happy for me. That's about 12 weeks of paid work! Woo hoo! Plus I get to do my prac there next week and still get paid for it! How cool is that? It's like i've hit the jackpot or something. Now all I need is for a BFP, a lotto win this weekend and a permanent job offer from the school and i'll live happily ever after.

MUMMY: I usually always put on weight and honestly who doesn't? If they don't, I honestly think they're lying or haven't enjoyed themselves enough. But still, i'm starting to get back on track and on my way to a BMI of 35.

I probably have mentioned about having to lose the weight before being able to do IVF. But still either way, it has to be done and when it does, i'll definitely be PMing you and picking your brain about it. But yeah, i've checked the FS websites here in Perth and they pretty much say the same thing. They won't treat woman with a BMI higher than 35 because they see it as a waste of time. I know it'll pi$$ a lot of people off reading this, but that's the facts and i'm just going to have to bit the bullet, loose the weight and finally do IVF. And besides, having less weigh to carry around while preggo would be great for my back, neck and knees. They're already broken as it is. LOL

Sorry to those I have missed. I hope you are all well and getting ever so close to your own BFP's.

Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - sounds like you had a fantastic holiday, and such great news about the work! Congrats!
    Well I guess losing weight to do IVF is very good motivation. Good to hear you are feeling fit and ready to kick some fitness butt!
    I can't see your pics, I guess cos they are from facebook??

Spanna & bump2b - sorry about your bfn's this month. Sending you loads of for this month!

Hi Mummyplease hope you're feeling good.

Jo - are you still around? What's happening?

AFM - Had our 12 week scan yesterday and we saw our lovely active little peanut doing great. We were given a low risk of chromosomal adnormality and everything looks to be where it should be. I had tears running down my face, trying not to sob, cos seeing another little body in there that's not Jennifer was quite confronting. The vision of seeing Jennifer motionless inside me will be with me forever and seeing little peanut moving was such a huge relief.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poobear For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b (14-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobear View Post
    Hopeful - sounds like you had a fantastic holiday, and such great news about the work! Congrats!
    Well I guess losing weight to do IVF is very good motivation. Good to hear you are feeling fit and ready to kick some fitness butt!
    I can't see your pics, I guess cos they are from facebook??

AFM - Had our 12 week scan yesterday and we saw our lovely active little peanut doing great. We were given a low risk of chromosomal ad normality and everything looks to be where it should be. I had tears running down my face, trying not to sob, cos seeing another little body in there that's not Jennifer was quite confronting. The vision of seeing Jennifer motionless inside me will be with me forever and seeing little peanut moving was such a huge relief.

We sure did thanks for asking. We didn't want to leave because it was just so beautiful and peaceful. But had to come back to reality one day.

I found out about the job on the Friday and was totally shocked, but it was the icing on the cake. Great holiday, awesome scenery, fish going off and then the job offer. Couldn't get any better than that. Oh wait, yes it could. If I got myself a BFP it would have made it that's for sure.

Losing weight for IVF is a great motivation, but for some reason I just haven't been in the right frame of mind. I don't know what's going on inside my peanut brain. One day i'm fine and ready to take on the world, the next if I see a PG woman or hear of a PG, i'm at home having a . It sounds strange I know, but I have no idea what the hell is going on. Stupid female hormones.

Yeah, the pics are from FB. I'm not too sure if I have you as a friend or not. I have quite a few of the ladies on BH as friends on FB and it gets confusing sometimes especially since we don't use our real names on here. Makes it difficult to know who's who.

I'm glad and happy that things went well at the scan. I can only imagine the huge relief you must have felt when you saw bubble moving on the screen. Would have been a magical moment for you. And I can totally understand how emotional you must have been seeing as the last time you were there you found out you had lost Jennifer. I know this one could never replace her, but you are very lucky and fortunate to have been given a second chance and I hope and pray that this one is a sticky one for you. Here's to a smooth and happy 6 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Poobear - I am so happy for you and your DH that the 12 wk scan went well! Although it was a bit different to you, I can relate in part to the memory of seeing my little one not moving when we had our m/c in October (although much worse for you as you were alot further along). It is not something you can forget but hopefully this little one stays very safe and strong for you!

Hopeful - I think you are definately on track to lose the weight you need to lose and as I said before, you have great motivation to do it! I wish that I had been able to lose a bit of weight before this pregnancy because now I am 10kgs up and everything is aching, mainly legs etc but I am sure my back will start soon! Keep up the weightloss!

Hi to everyone else

Just a quick one from me as I was off work yesterday so playing catchup today. Had my gestational diabetes test so get the results in the next few days, I have a bad feeling that it may not be a good result though? Saw my Dr too as my blood pressure has been a bit high and was not great yesterday although it is fluctuating from good to bad depending on the machine used and the arm used - odd really? Dr is happy with it for now anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies, sorry I have been missing for so long. It's taken me quite a bit to get settled since we got back from our honeymoon & we've been very busy since we got back.

Poobear - that is wonderful news about your scan. I am so happy for you. What a huge relief.

Spanna & Bump2b - sorry to hear about your bfns for this month

Mummy - I hope your blood pressure is back under control & that you get good results from your test.

Hopeful - your trip sounds fantastic. Congratulations on the job news I still think it's ridiculous that you can'd do IVF without lowering your BMI. It clearly states on my info from Monash IVF that you only need to be under 100kgs, there is nothing at all about BMI. Hopefully you can get motivated again & things will start to happen very soon.

AFM we had a wonderful honeymoon & as I said above it's taking a bit to get settled again. I can't believe it's all over. We were really able to relax & loved everything about Fiji. Went parasailing visited a traditional village, spent a day on an island, did lots of swimming & snorkeling & lots of cocktails by the pool. We also had a luxurious couples massage. With all this cold weather Melbourne has had since we got back I really wish I could get back on the plane ASAP.

I'm also finding it hard to get myself motivated to get back on the IVF train. I stopped taking the pill on Monday & have to go for a pap smear & then it's off to the FS. Not that i've made any appointments yet. I'm actually really scared about it all & not sure if I am ready for the emotional side of it if it doesn't work. Didn't help reading my IVF newsletter with a couple who had lots of eggs & embryos like us & even after several cycles they still aren't pregnant.

We went to a wedding on Sunday & it felt like we were the only ones without kids. I've never seen so many prams & kids at a wedding before. Very depressing.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope you all have a great day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Josephine78 For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b (20-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Still very quiet in here!

Just a quick one from me as need to get some work out!

Jo - welcome back and so glad to hear that you had a great honeymoon. We also honeymooned in Fiji and found it lovely and relaxing. Re IVF, having been there I can totally understand your reservations and nervousness but from memory you got a great number of eggs so I don't doubt that one or two of them (at least) will get you your BFP! And I know how it feels to be the only one without kids, even though I am pregnant I still feel a bit left out when we are out with friends and their kids. Stay positive as I am sure IVF will work for you!

Hi to everyone else

AFM - very excited to hopefully be picking up all the nursery items off layby tonight (if all goes to plan)! I think I am ready to start nesting and I just want to see how everything fits in the nursery and how it all looks! This pregnancy has definately made me very impatient Feeling good apart from the carpal tunnel in my right hand - if I could cut it off I would certainly do so at the moment to make the pain go away - it is doing my head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephine78 View Post
    Hopeful - your trip sounds fantastic. Congratulations on the job news I still think it's ridiculous that you can't do IVF without lowering your BMI. It clearly states on my info from Monash IVF that you only need to be under 100kgs, there is nothing at all about BMI. Hopefully you can get motivated again & things will start to happen very soon.

AFM we had a wonderful honeymoon & as I said above it's taking a bit to get settled again. I can't believe it's all over. We were really able to relax & loved everything about Fiji. Went parasailing visited a traditional village, spent a day on an island, did lots of swimming & snorkeling & lots of cocktails by the pool. We also had a luxurious couples massage. With all this cold weather Melbourne has had since we got back I really wish I could get back on the plane ASAP.

I'm also finding it hard to get myself motivated to get back on the IVF train. I stopped taking the pill on Monday & have to go for a pap smear & then it's off to the FS. Not that i've made any appointments yet. I'm actually really scared about it all & not sure if I am ready for the emotional side of it if it doesn't work. Didn't help reading my IVF newsletter with a couple who had lots of eggs & embryos like us & even after several cycles they still aren't pregnant.

We went to a wedding on Sunday & it felt like we were the only ones without kids. I've never seen so many prams & kids at a wedding before. Very depressing.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope you all have a great day.

JOSEPHINE: It was a nice trip. Would be nice to get away with just DH and myself. But thems the breaks.

Well, I found out that I won't be getting this job after all. They won't be advertising the positions, but instead will be giving it to other permanent Education Assistants, so looks like the prospect of having a full time job and been quashed. I'm pretty upset about it. I was looking forward to finally having a full-time job at a school which I actually like working at. Very disappointed.

Thanks Sweetie. I know it's pretty crap, but she's the Dr and I can't argue with her. It's just unfortunate that everyone i've told has said that it's a load of rubbish and my BMI shouldn't even come into play. But in the end, I can't do anything unless she gives me the referral. And plus with all the PG announcements, it's starting to really get to me. One minute i'm motivated to the max and the next, i'm in a flood of tears because it's just all to hard. No matter what I do or what I eat, the weight isn't coming off as fast as I would like. At this rate, i'd be lucky if I can get the BMI down by Christmas.

So glad you have a lovely time on your honeymoon. Fiji would be absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to go there or Vanuatu. Then again, anywhere out of the country would be good. I can't wait to see the photos.

Don't be scared. I'm sure everything will work out just fine and you'll be UTD before you know it.