+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi all,

Just a quick update. The scan went well and babies are good. one is a few days smaller than the other so they will have to watch that but nothing i can do. The little one is all squished up at the back too. I got pics riss but they are not very clear. They offered a DVD but we did not get one. The 4D pics are creepy, even the ultra sound guy laughed at one and deleted it saying - that one was just too creepy. Hopefully my next scan will be clearer, bubs were moving - lots of arms and legs moving about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Jess - great news I'm sure they'll grow nice & strong! So will you be telling people yet or wait until 18 weeks?

Sam, hope you've had a lovely day & you're right, it will happen love!

And getting in slightly early to say Mummy - I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Don't worry about being older girls & no bubbies yet - I'm 36 this year & it was my goal to be a mum by 35 - doh!

AFM - suppose I'll chat to DH tonight & air our grievances....things are tense... it'll sort itself out I guess.

Anyway, had my u/s today - my SIL last night was like oh don't worry they do it from the outside. I was like, no I'm pretty sure it's internal - which of course it was. & I drank water too, then got told to let it all go as the girls at the front get confused about the type of u/s! Thanks girls!!
    The fact that it was a male radiographer didn't bother me thank goodness. Also he was just so lovely about it all too, & best of all he didn't even need to look at my bits!!! I stuck the probe in, called out when I was all covered up & he just "handled" it - oooh it all sounds so lewd

So my left ovary is about ready to burst which is right as I'm CD 16 so due to O in 3 or 4 days, my right ovary was normal which is strange as that side has been giving me curry all this cycle. He spotted 'something' in my uterus (he asked if i was pg) but he said it could be a small cyst but nothing to worry about.
    And possibly the reason why I can't sustain a pg is that my lining was not very good for this time of my cycle - only about 6-7mm & by now it should be 10-11. So we'll see what the FS has to say about that.
    All in all I'm glad to be getting some answers.

Hope you have all had a great Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh riss that sounds exciting.
    I have had a few of those internal u/s and they guy (and lady once) put it in for me so had to look at my bits but i figured they do it all day every day so who cares.
    Just to let you know too my lining was only ever 6mm or 5mm when I o'd so yours sounds pretty good to me. I hope all goes well with O in a few days time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Riss - thanks for the bday wishes! Sorry that things are a little tense with DH, hope they improve soon. Part of me would love to just sell up and drive around Oz in a campervan and forget about everything but then the sensible part of me takes over Interesting that you got to take part in your own ultrasound, never heard of that before. Hopefully they can look at thickening up your lining!

Jess - great news that the scan went well. Have you found out what you are having or are you keeping it a surprise?

Sam - hope you had a nice birthday yesterday! Fingers crossed that AF stays away and you get a nice belated for your bday!

AFM - not overly excited about my bday today and I have decided that 29 is the new 34 If anyone asks today, that is how old I feel!

The last week or so has been a bit of a nightmare, my hormones have been everywhere! I have been constantly exhausted, crying at the drop of a hat and just feeling bla. The 2 kgs I recently lost came flying back on which has not helped! I can only think that going back on the pill after 3 years off is to blame. I start taking the nasal spray for IVF tomorrow - am so glad it's not today as I think I would have been a bit of a mess.

DH doesn't really know how to deal with my hormones and tears at the moment, poor thing! But he wrote me a beautiful card for my bday saying that it's been a year with ups and downs but that it will be worth it when we have our family - of course I burst into tears when I read it He didn't know what to buy me for my bday so he said we can go to Georg (Georg Jensen - my fave jewellery shop!) and have a look around. We can't really afford that at the moment but I might try and find a cheaper piece of jewellery to cheer me up!

Anyway, today's goal is to get through the day without too many hormonal tears and to think happy thoughts and that hopefully by my next bday I will either have a bubba or be close to having one!

Sorry for the long 'me' post - hope that you all have a lovely day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummy. I hope you feel better, & have a lovely day. How sweet of your DH & I think treating yourself to some nice jewellery is well deserved! I hope your hormones settle down - are you seeing a naturopath as well cause they can help you with rebalancing your hormones.

for yesterday Sam. I hope you had a wonderful day. Keeping everything crossed for you that AF stays away.

Jess that is wonderful news. Very exciting times for you. It must have been fantastic to see the little ones.

Riss - hopefully you & DH have patched things up a bit. Excellent news that you are about to O. you catch the egg. Interesting to hear about the lining. The naturopath told me last week that that is one of the things she has been working on with me, as she has been concerned that my body wouldn't be able to sustain a pregnancy. Let's hope it is working.

to everyone else.

Well FF has put me down for oing last wednesday & we bd'd on the tuesday night but i'm not holding out much hope. But I guess you never know. Had a good chat with DP on Saturday after we had yet another fight. Between all this TTC & him giving up smoking I guess I shouldn't be surprised we're a bit cranky with each other sometimes. I bought a book on PCOS & fertility which I have been finding very interesting - even if it turns out I don't have it, it's very helpful with lots of positive stories.

Anyway back to work.

Have a great day ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Bit busy at work but just wanted to say

to Mummy! I hope your day is lovely and I say, go and get that expensive jewellery! It'll make you feel good. I also love Georg Jensen stuff. How funny that I am 1 day older than you!!!

Everyone else and I'll pop back in later for personals

Cheers
    Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummy - it must be hard with all the hormones floating around, but I hope you've ended up having an ok birthday, & the promise of some Georg sounds lovely. I think with my u/s it sounds like he lets the female do the 'awkward' part I guess - anyway it was all good & as relaxing as that sort of things can be

Jo - things always happen when you least expect so I'll still keep everything 'd for you. I can appreciate how tense things can get with our partners, communication is the key I guess.

Jess - I'll see what the FS says about my lining, but you are a good example of "it can happen"! thanks!

Sam & everyone else

AFM - tense city here at the moment. things are not good & it's really all my doing/fault/problem..... My head is so full of so many things that I think are a culmination of the stresses of the past few months & I just can't seem to seperate them to concentrate on one at a time - it'll sound silly but as soon as I try to think of each thing my mind just shuts off, I just can't get through....
    Anyway DH keeps saying we'll get through it & I know we will. We had a bit of a chat the other day that ended with me in tears, I told him I just don't know what I want at the moment. I have a Dr appt on Thursday & I will ask for a referral to a counsellor of some sort - I think that will start to help....

SO - there's pretty much 0% chance of getting UTD this cycle as my heart just is not in it, let alone the actual DTD part!! I got yesterdays BT results which confirmed O is iminent so at least I know I am. Had heaps of EWCM too.
    While it's my left ovary this time, my right side is killing me & gotten worse today. Hope it's not appendicitis....

Better go lovelies - might take the wuppy for a walk, it's so windy but maybe that'll clear some cobwebs....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies

Thought I'd pop back in for some personals

Riss - I am really sorry to hear of the problems you are having. I hope you and your DH work it out soon and you are feeling more positive. I think maybe a trip to a councellor would be a great step forward as you have had sooo much to deal with in the last few months and I know from experience that it really does get the better of you eventually if you don't deal with it. Again

Jo - I have my fingers crossed that you don't have PCOS. Are you having a test done? Glad DH is sticking with the quitting plan though!!

Mummy - I hope your Birthday was lovely, even with the crazy hormones. Just think though you are 1 step closer to having your own little bubba! God only knows how many steps I am away!!

Jess - So exciting about the scan! Must have been amazing to see 2 little people in there. for a trouble free pregnancy!

Everyone else

AFM - I think AF is due today or tomorrow but who knows!! I haven't been keeping track of AF symptoms but I did POAS the other night and so I'm tipping she'll be along soon enough. I was totally not going to POAS this month but I couldn't resist (plus it was my Birthday and I thought that it would be a great pressie if I was UTD). Nothing else to add but I hope everyone is doing really well. I'm feeling super positive at present so its a nice change!! Speak to you all later
    Cheers
    Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your bday wishes yesterday, I managed to make it through the whole day without any tears which is a first - have been such an emotional sook the last few weeks! I had a great day and was spoilt by DH (chocs sent to work) and a few others.

Jo - I have my that you get your bfp this month and that everything was well timed! Sorry you are fighting with DH, ttc is stressful enough without other factors like giving up smoking (I can't even give up chocolate!!)

Riss - Sorry you guys are still fighting. As DH said, you will get through the tough times, even if it seems like it is all too difficult. I was like this last year when DH and I were fighting every month (around O time of course!) and I just thought is was all too hard and was ready to walk. The key is to keep talking - easier said than done for me as DH is not a communicator! It sounds like your DH is though so just keep the communication lines open. Great that you want to see a councillor, that would be really helpful for you.

Sam - a BFN doesn't necessarily mean anything, it aint over til AF arrives so I have my fingers and toes for you! I just love GJ jewellery, my engagement ring is from there, and I have a matching set of earrings, necklace and bracelet which DH bought me over several years. Unfortunately it is a very expensive place to shop but I will keep my eyes open for something nice over the next few wks/months!

AFM, finally started 'sniffing' syranel today - gotta love that term, DH hates it when I say it (so I just keep saying it to stir him, gotta have some fun with these drugs!). I 'sniff' twice a day so I am hoping for no side efffects as my hormones are already so whacky at the moment.

Still really tired all the time but starting to get excited about the whole process, feels like things are happening (although I am sure I will change my tune when I have to start giving myself injections!!)

Chat later ladies, am on a later shift at work today and although the sleep in was nice, the day is just dragging and I would rather be out in the !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all you TTC'ers

I'm not sure if anyone will remember but I was a part of this thread for awhile last year, and we were overjoyed to fall pregnant in october.

After a very routine and normal pregnancy we were given devistating news at our 20 week scan, and unfortunately our little boy was born sleeping at about 22 weeks.

After a very tough month I am trying to look to the future and try again, hopefully our little lost soul will find his way back to us when he is ready

So....., I was wondering if I could once again be a part of this lovely group?

Hopefully will chat to you again soon,

KK
    xx