+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

Still very quiet in here, hopefully it picks up later in the week.

Jo - sorry this month was wasted with you being away but hopefully it gave your body a rest so that your BFP is ready for next month! Hope AF turns up promptly so you can get started!

lostangel - good to see you got your test results back, hopefully you did O last week and caught the eggy!

AFM, nothing exciting to report, saw FS today with DH, so annoyed she was running an hour behind which meant I had a VERY long lunch break, hard to hide when you work alongside someone else and she can't go for lunch til you do!

Basically decided with the FS that I will go on the pill when AF arrives as this helps them monitor my cycle etc so hopefully get started late March - which seems like ages away and no ttc next month which will almost be weird

The one problem I have work wise is how I am going to take all the time off I need - I knew I needed 3 days for the actual egg retrieval etc but didn't realise I also needed to do about 3 ultrasounds before that to check my follicle numbers etc - I start work at 8am and they prefer doing mornings so will have to see how I can work it, hopefully they will do lunchtimes? I don't want to tell anyone at work, esp my boss who I despise! Will play it by ear I guess.

Sorry to keep boring you with all the IVF info, just not quite ready to move onto the IVF threads yet

Hope you all had a good day and weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

mummypls - ur not boring us with the IVF info! it's good to know what the process is as who knows what options I'll need to look into if things don't happen.

josephine78 - birthday plans sound wonderful!

ilostmyangel - i too am charting my temps. this is my 1st attempt at it and I'm already over it!... waking up early even on w/e.... uggh! this might have to be my 1st and only month especially if it confirms what the OPKs tell me.

AFM, not much to report. On CD 7 so not too much going on. Have the appt with the obgyn next week so will see if he has anymore tests to run. If there are no more tests to run and he goes ahead and just prescribes me chlomid or something, I might give it a couple more months naturally. Has anyone taken chlomid yet? If so, what were your experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sorry it's all about me

Hi ladies

My mind is full of stuff at the moment I found it hard to get on here, plus apart from being away for the weekend I've been busy after work...etc.....

So am just popping by quickly to give an update on my Mum - thank you all again so much for your thoughts!

Surgery went well but unfortunately there was cancer in the mass they removed & it had started to attach to the bowel.
    Anyway, she is defo classed as having cancer & will need some chemo to kill any cells that may have spread. But we won't know further until this Thursday ie what stage, how much or what sort of chemo or even when she can come home. But Mum's in good spirits, is lucid & is getting frustrated at having to rest so much. But her body really needs the rest.

So once again it's all a matter or waiting which is sooooo hard. So I spent most of the weekend at the hospital & got back Sunday night. I am itching to be down there again this weekend as I found it so hard to leave, but as I'm going down for the following 2 weekends.... well I think it would be too draining. It's pretty much a 5 hour drive & it can be tiring.

So TTC is taking a back seat at the mo, however if I am currently O'ing well we're getting some good BD'ing in But as my CM is very sticky/creamy (different for this CD) I'd say the GP might be right & maybe I won't O until I have 1 normal cycle.

Hope you are all well & happy & I promise to be more personal when I have a chance on the weekend. Sending you all lots of & 's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

Riss - so sorry to hear about your mum. Keeping everything crossed for her. Sending you & your family lots of

Mummy - i'm finding your ivf info very interesting. What a pain about having to go on the pill. you can get started in March.

Lostangel - yay for DH coming home. I hope he gives you lots of tlc.

everyone else.

Well, sorry ladies but i'm about to have a bit of a vent. I'm really starting to get annoyed with DP & his bad habits which he promised to stop. Not only is he still smoking he's smoking more than he used to & to top it all off he's also drinking more (alot more) I was so angry with him last night. When I try to talk to him about it he just ignores me & thinks i'm just nagging. His excuse is that I have to get my cycles sorted out first before we have to worry about him. Aarrgh - makes me so mad! He also refuses to have is sperm tested. I don't see how it's fair that I have to change my lifestyle but he thinks he can just go on as he pleases. I'm beginning to think this TTC is a complete waste of time. If he's not going to take it seriously, then why am I putting myself through all this heartache. The whole thing was his idea in the first place!

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Sorry ladies but really needed to get it off my chest.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Riss - so sorry to hear that your mum has cancer, sending lots of big hugs your way. My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer early last year (on the same day I was made redundant from my job - bad timing!) and it was a hard time for me. Luckily his operation went well and he is now in full recovery but I would not want anyone else to go through it. We are definately all here for you if you just want to let it all out and chat/vent!

Babyjoy - glad that I am not boring you with all the IVF stuff, it helps clear my head with all the info I am trying to retain at the moment. Sorry, have not taken clomid, touch wood - I won't have to as I seem to ovulate ok.

Lostangel - I'm not going anywhere just yet Glad to hear DH is on his way home, yay for you, I know you need him right now.

Jo - Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with DH - I totally understand how you feel, I have had similar issues with my DH, especially with the SA which he took over 3 months to do (I finally just booked it in for him and told him he had to do it - luckily he finally did as unfortunately he has sperm issues - feel free to use him as an example if need be!!). I also tried to get my DH to cut down on alcohol but no luck, he is not a massive drinker but has his moments. Hang in there ok and don't worry about the ranting, we all need to do it now and then!

AFM - well mini rant coming - just cause everyone else is doing it Finally got IVF info yesterday and I am so p**d off at having to do this stupid police check - why can anyone else have a baby without the police check but because we have fertility issues, we have to be checked GRRRRRRRR!!! Stupid paperwork is going to take a few days and now I have to reschedule our councilling apt as the check won't be done in time.

On another note, caught up with a friend last night who has a 6mth old - she confided in me that she had been diagnosed with Post Natal depression - I felt really bad for her as she has had a horrible time with his feeding and he is still a bad sleeper. I hadn't realised how bad things were and the last 6mths have been so full on for me with ttc and our issues that I probably have not been a great friend. I have not told her yet about IVF or our ttc issues etc. Made me realise that I need to reconnect with a few of my close friends, not everything needs to be about me and ttc!!!

Am CD16 today, pretty sure I o'd on Monday as OPK were positive Sat/Sun then negative Monday - yay for something actually working! So we bd Sat & Mon so hopefully that is enough, maybe I might get naturally utd this month (even though we only have a 6% chance each month with all our issues). For some reason I feel positive, maybe just because I know IVF is coming up.

So so tired this morning, probably why I am so much. Not sure why I am tired -probably the warm weather -but will try for an early night tonight.

Have a great hump day ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss- Im thinking about you. You really have had a tough start to 2010, at least things can only get better as the year progresses. I hope things to start to turn and go your way

Babyjoy - i can tell you a bit about clomid. I did 3 cycles and my last cycle was very low dose (25mg) as i did not ovulate and was ttc for 18 months. I am now 8 weeks pregnant with twins. So it does work and when they tell you there is a high chance of multiples its true, no matter what dose your on. I suggest you get a scan each month your on it as the FS will tell you how many eggs are there. The cycle i got pregnant was over x mas and the office was closed so i had no scan and the twins were a surprise. Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, Sorry Ive been AWOL for a little while over the weekend and this week. Ive been a little flat again the end of the TWW is always the worst!!

Riss, I am so sorry to hear about your Mums diagnosis but good to hear that she is already positive and in good spirits. I hope that she rests up and then puts all the positive energy into getting through the chemo. Sending you lots of hugs and hoping you are holding up ok with the stress and commuting. take care.

Mummyplease, I agree with you about how crap the police checks are!!! I had better get onto ours.....our counselling appt is not till first week in April but it sounds like it could take some time? Also please please dont leave this thread, I love reading your posts! And since we are also heading down the IUI and maybe IVF path I would love to hear how its going, we can learn from eachother!

Jo, I hear you too about your vent.....sometimes getting on the same page is very difficult! good luck, and take care of yourself and try not to get too upset with each other.

lost angel, good to see you got some results back, hope your charting is going better and you can get on track soon.

Babyjoy, hope all goes well with your appt. I have not taken Clomid but I am going to be taking Puregon when we start IUI. I think Puregon is a follicle stimulator, and not sure how that is different to Clomid. Im stilll a newbie to all the supported fertility stuff, but Im sure I will be up to speed soon!

Jess, Hope that preg is treating you well and your two little angels arent giving you too much morning or all day sickness. keep in touch

If I have forgotten anyone Im sorry and

AFM, AF started today. Stupid witch. Ive had a crap day at work, feeling rotten and just wanting to cry and go to bed but I have too much work to do! Oh well, another cycle another fresh start and we still have the trip and then IUI/IVF on the plan so we have our plan of attack!

take care everyone and sending to everyone. Not so much sunshine for Melbourne though please, I am over the heat and humidity!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back again.....

Bekind - sending you huge , I hope AF goes away quickly! At least you are one step closer to your IUI treatment. Of course I will hang around & keep you up to date, I have no where else to go at the moment and chatting on BH helps relieve some of the stress of ttc. Just keep thinking about the next few months which can only be positive for you!

In my IVF pack I received the other day, it had a dvd on using puregon - that's the injection pen isn't it? Am a bit freaked out about all these needles as DH won't have the nerve to do them so I will have to. I am hoping it is something I quickly get used to!

Oh and I hear you about this horrible weather, so humid and I am totally over it! Am waiting for it rain!

Jess - great to hear from you and hope all is well with you and the twinnies. Would love to hear how you are doing, have secretly always wanted to have twins

Had a really long day, have been exhausted all day, no doubt from this horrible humid Melb weather! Just had a quick nana nap, am cooking dinner and then will walk the puppy and head to bed for an early night! Bring on the weekend!

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Bekind - sorry to hear about AF. Sending you lots of Hope you are feeling better.

Mummy - I would be freaked out about the needles too. I can't even stand having a blood test

I am also over this melbourne weather. What happened to all the rain?

Jess - hope you & your little twins are doing well.

AF started today & for the first time since i starting temping FF says I definitely o'd Am very excited about that. Working from home today so I guess I better get started.

Sending you all lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=mummgyplease;4313626]Morning Ladies

Very quiet in here of late!

Riss - any news on AF? Hope she stays away!

Jess & Josephine

AFM, CD33 and no AF yet which is quite unusual as apart from last month which was 31 days, my cycles have been 32 days for most of the year. It doesn't really feel like she is on her way (although month.

Of course I have been analysing every possible pregnancy symptom - huge boobs, unsettled tum in the morning, really tired....but they could also be AF symptoms or just in my head Have also been looking up possible due dates just in case...... well a girl has to kill some time!

So will hold off and test on Saturday if it hasn't arrived by then. If it is coming, I wish it would come now and not drag itself out.

AF stays away for me for a good 9 months!

But now that I have said AF hasn't arrived, she will no doubt rock up today! I will keep you udpated!

Have a great da
    Hi everyone - quickly tune into stoopire now