+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Voyage of the Yummy Mummy - My Diary

So you get to the point where you have looked in the mirror so many times and thought "Eww woman - what have you done to yourself?" and then you realise that you better do something about it So I am taking baby steps to releasing the yummy mummy in me and setting her free from underneath all that lard and lack of effort!

Ok so here is my story. I was born with bad genes and have struggled with my weight on and off since I was about 12 - prior to then was actually very skinny. I think I have been on some kind of diet since I was 14??? Had great success with Weight Watchers when i was 16 and lost 8 kilos to be 54 kilos (now I would do anything to be 62 kilos!). I kept all that weight off till 21 and from there ballooned by over 30 kilos in the space of three years. Have been diagnosed with both Endo and PCOS - so combined with lazy metabolism - I'm running uphill all the time!

I am currently a size 18 and the biggest I have ever been and it significantly depresses me. It makes me very unhappy and I crave for some kind of motivation to get my act into gear. We eat pretty well around here but finding the time for exercise is what is killing me at the moment.

So, Kate - its time for some action and you need to get moving and you BubHubbian friends need to help
    RELEASE THE YUMMY MUMMY IN ME, IN ALL OF US!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    eNTRY oNE

In the past I have Tried:
    Weight Watchers (5 times)
    Jenny Craig
    The No Carb Diet
    The Soup Diet
    UltraSlim
    The Low GI Diet
    Starvation

Failed Failed Failed Failed Failed

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Current Fat Chick symtoms and let downs

I have no energy
    Am tired all the time
    I have no motivation
    I want chocolate all the time
    Chronic headaches
    PCOS is worse for being chunky
    Cant fit into any of my clothes
    Have had very few (2) photos taken with my little boy because I hate my pyhsical appearance so much
    Fell frumpy and unatrractive all the time
    Have a 'oh who cares' attitude about many things
    Worry DH will run off with someone slimmer and prettier
    Not healthy
    Get puffed
    My brother asks me when I will need a 'Wide Load' sign for my backside
    I barely make an effort with anything to do with my appearance cause I feel so low
    Cant buy the nice clothes I'd like to

Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Action Stations

So I had a long shower. Shaved my legs (woo woo it was a forest down there!) Shaved my armpits. Waxed my eyebrows. Had a hair cut and put a colour in. Bought some new 'walking clothes' - cause you have to look good to exercise

Much self talking is to be done. Use this diary to help me and hopefully to entertain someone??? Going to start walking tomorrow.

Good bye Malteesers - Look out world here I come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you girl! Go for it. The best piece of advice I have ever heard is that you can either do something about it or decide to accept yourself as you are. Otherwise, you will miserable forever and what's the fun in that?

You CAN do it. If you ever feel yourself giving up, just think about how you want to look back on yourself in a year's time. Do you want to be stuck in the same old cycle or do you want to feel proud of yourself and happier? Is the chocolate worth all the negative feelings afterwards or could you be happy with a diet choccie mousse and a walk instead?

If you can stick to it for one week, you're on the road. My own problem is that I have a lapse, then I use it as an excuse to eat **** and start again 'next week.'

I'll definitely be watching your progress with interest, so now you know you'll have to check in!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Progress report

Aw thanks guys - I really appreciate the support and advice! Now that I know I have to keep you up to date I will be even more motivated.

So progress report for day two:

Yesterday afternoon put on the walking shoes, put bub in the pram and off I went for fourty minutes - might I add I live in a very hilly part of the world - so I did pretty well. Elliot loved it as well and I felt great afterwards - was so pumped that I completely cleaned the house top to toe. I found it easier to get up this morning even just after one day!

Glammed myself up a bit this morning for mothers group and it felt good. No walking today as it rained all day here. That's the other thing that't the prob at the moment - DH wont let me walk in the morning or night as it is too dark and he can't come with me, but on working days it is too late to go by the time I get home and have to be out the door at 7.50am in the morning??? And can't really afford the gym atm either? Roll on earlier sunrises!

Focus for tomrrow: Drink my water and do another walk!

I'm on my way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck Kate.
    I put on heaps of weight after I'd had my daughter.... too many reasons (excuses) to be bothered listing!
    Had always been in relatively good shape (with certain years being less trim than others!) but had never been overwieght before. I remember looking in the mirror one day in a restaurant bathroom and realised I was fat .
    Was not a nice day.
    It took me almost a year to get back a weight I was comfortable with. Someone told me you need to walk for an hour a few times a week to burn off fat so that's what I used to do. Bundle baby into pram and treck for an hour in an any direction - actually half hour in any direction so I could turn around and treck home for the last half hour.
    Later I joined a gym and even though my daugher wasnt sleeping through the night and I was getting up every 3 hours to her, I'd force myself to go to a class, leaving home at 6am. Somedays was so tired I'd walk into the wall going down the stairs at the gym. But it was the only time I could get to excercise where DH could look after DD. Sometimes I'd get back from the gym in time for DD's morning nap and collapse back into bed!
    I used several different diets during that year - I get bored on it after a few months and found ANY diet works providing you stick to it. So rather than force myself to stay on one type long after I'd lost the horn I'd find a new one and stick to that for a few months. The best one I did was DR JOSHI'S DETOX. Had more energy than I'd had in years and was still getting up every 3 hours during the night to my 12 month old daughter!
    Sorry - long post!
    Anyway, finally got back to a desirable weight and could fit back into my normal jeans (not my super skinny ones but normal none the less!)
    Just in time to fall pregnant with baby number 2!
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! No, actaully it's all good. I know I can do it again if I need to. Just take every day as it comes and recognise that if it takes years to put it on then its going to take some time to take it off and THAT"S OK!
    Best of luck
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Casper
    what about a walking machine?
    This is a good idea, and you surprisingly do exercise!

They're not that expensive to rent out as well.

We rented one out for three months! (Three months is a good start, as it gives you a goal and you know that you have paid up for that three months so it motivates you to use it)!

My sister would come home, put on an movie and do a fast walk through out the whole movie. She'd get so sidetracked watching the movie and being in one motion with the walking that she actually enjoyed it and she was doing this nearly everyday! God knows why, she was a perfectly fit and shaped size 10! and she was only 15. But i give her credit for being so smart! I could only ever get two days in a week as i worked 5am-7pm shifts in a gross, old, boiling hot factory, by the time i got home the last thing i wanted to do was exercise. Then by the time the weekend comes around. Going out etc. ahhh! i found it hard.

Now that i will be a stay at home mum, i will have more time for exercise! less time for gross old factory garbage!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate you're ponting out the negatives... You need to think positive.

I have no energy - I have lots of energy
    Am tired all the time - I have lots of energy
    I have no motivation - I have lots of energy
    Cant fit into any of my clothes - I am going to fit back into my clothes.

If you're always telling yourself "I have no energy, I am tired, I have no motivation" then you will be tired and have no motivation. But if you tell yourself "Right Kate, I have loads of energy, so much I don't know what to do with it all!" put on some music, work out inside your house! Do Pilates, look up exercises on the internet you can do... The fact that it's dark or raining outside isn't a good enough excuse!

Boy do I sound like one of the training instructors from the Biggest Loser .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go Kate! Go Kate! Go Kate!

Good on you for getting motivated! If you need even more motivation I'll walk with you!!! I love walking, did it till I could waddle anymore when pg with Kailah as you probably recall! I need to walk more too, rain doesn't help either huh?!

I am proud of you! . You are a beautiful woman! Every time I see you I honestly think to myself.... she is a beautiful woman inside and OUT! I truely mean that! Why do you think I call you pretty mama???

Sending cyber love!