+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ex Bulimic and Pregnant... HELP

So my history starts at age 17 where I would skip meals for days. Then at age 18 I got over it pretty fast, or I suppose I grew out of it. Then at 20 I started again, but worse, I was never big to begin with, but I lost so much that my body was starting to shut down, and my mother was going to seek help for me, which I admitted to myself that I will eat more around her, and not exercise so much with her knowing. Thus I gained some weight back, and stuck to it for the next 3 years. Then DH and I decided to try for a baby, so I ate healthy, and now that I am pregnant, I have been eating so much more than I ever could before, and although I have no tome for exercise (because of work, and how tired I am now) I dont think Ive gained much weight, only baby bump, and maybe a few extra kilos, which might be water retention or not. Either way I WAS happy.

And then...

People are so mean, not everyone, but some people like to point out the fact I look bigger. Not even in the baby sense, they say I have chin flab, and my backside is big, they say my face is chubby and my arms are bigger. And now today, the first male to say something... I was lining up to order a salad sandwitch and he said "by the way so and so told me to tell you your fat". It could have been a joke, but Its not funny. I feel really upset, I dont want to go outside anymore, I want to cover up, Im even thinking about skipping meals again.
    A small voice in my head has kept me sane while Ive been pregnant, telling me to eat because Its for the baby, but with all these people telling me I look fat (and therefore I feel horrible) I dont know how long I can listen. I wish people would just shutup and leave me alone. Id prefer if they ignored me instead of pointing at the obvious... even If I feel that Ive only gont up half a size or maybe even 1.

Is it ok for me to punch them in the face should they say it again? Or is it ok to even throw a wise crack back, saying "At least Im pregnant?".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I struggled with bulimia for most of my adult life. I got confused with morning sickness, I wasn't sure if it was in my head that I needed to vomit or if it was really morning sickness.

And most foods made my stomach churn, the smell of vegies cooking made me hurl.

And I did overindulge because I had an excuse not to worry about what I ate. And I have alot more weight on now than I'd like. But I'm happy that I broke the cycle and I eat normally. I'm just trying to switch to healthier food.

I didn't experience what you have described but there was one mum at work who was particularly insensitive. She would point out how fat I was. Other people would say how I had a lovely little baby bump, and she would say it couldn't possibly be baby bump and it was all fat. She would criticise everything I ate. She told me and another pregnant girl that we must be having a competition of who can get the fattest.

Really hurtful to anyone but it almost drove me back to my bulimia.

Just tell those people directly that their comments are insensitive and inappropriate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im sorry people are being so horrible to you I say give it to them! Tell them to STFU!

When I was pregnant with my DS I gained 30kg. I went from a size 8 to a size 14 after I had him and I was distraught as I have always been a bit obsessive about my weight. I also suffered from an anal fissure after I had him thanks to a very traumatic birth and my family all had the nerve to say that it was because I got so "fat" and put too much weight on my bottom half. I wasn't fat, I was PREGNANT. They also told me you are gaining too much weight if you gain more than 10kg whatever. If Im craving licorice allsorts Im gonna eat them okay! Lol. Anyways, I have lost all that weight and am quite proud of how I am at the moment.

Dont let people put you down because this is meant to be a special time for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe people are so nasty, rude and just plain mean your pregnent FFS what do they expect. Oh and if they thought you were too skinny they would be saying your starving the baby
    I would say go and get farked, kiss my curvy, sexy pregnant @$$
    Dont let them get you down hun listen to the good baby voices in there My eating demons have long gone but I do remember how hard it is to stop listening to them and see my real beauty (now I know I am a sexy curvy mumma and I dont care)
    Last edited by sandy cheeks; 11-12-2009 at 14:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for replying.
    I decided to not bother with this one particular group of meanies, and just focus more on the people who dont talk about my weight.
    That mean New years celebrations will be NIL as they are all going to the same party. Which Is ok, Ill just stay home and babysit my nephew for my sister, who would probably love to have a night out.

Thanks everyone for keeping me positive. I still want to leave work and hide away from the world though. One step at a time I spose.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im also recovering from an eating disorder, and I find it really hard to 'let' myself gain weight.
    Comments from dumbnuts dont help at all