+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    IMO I think its saddening we have so little faith in other human beings,.

Yes we are good. Evil. Spitful. Angelic. Deamonic.

But justice has been served.They did the time for their crime. It will always be on their record.

I dont feel that its right for anyone to take the law into their own hands.

It woulds be good to have a database of names and if you feel suspicous see if their name is there, but supplieing addresses....

I've had my share of experiences with them, but you move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here in Australian most states have a sex offender's register so that the police can be aware of the location of offenders. IMO this is more effective that the public and therefore vigilantes having access to the information. Remember - some people who are recorded as sex offenders are people who were 17 and had sex with their 15 year old girlfriends - unlawful carnal knowledge because of age, but hardly a predator in the sense that we are talking about. The problem with data bases like the one in America is that they con't distinguish between true predators and people who commit offences that are crimes but are not predatory in the true sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great Point Draught

I hate to say it but alot of the time Justice is not served, as alot of offenders are getting off to easy imo

I heard something in the news last night, im sketchy on details so parden if i get anything wrong,
    But they had a known paedophile wining a law suit against the government for abuse he suffered in prison, apparently he got a large sum of money?

If anyone knows the details i'd be grateful for the info

This just makes me soooooo frustrated and mad

I know that the people in jail should be kept safe and not abused BUT how the hell do these rock spiders have a right to complain when they themselves have inflicted such pain on innocent children who cant defend themselves????

Wheres the justice for those children and their families? Good law abiding citizens get no justice while the scum of the earth (imo) get compensated because they havent the balls to take on men their own size!!!!

Sickens me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think it is a good idea but it also could lead to members of the public using it to hunt down nelwy released offenders. i agree the public has a right to know if a sex offender is living in there street or near an aera where children frequent. i think too many people would abuse the register by using it to hunt down the offenders and abusing them or something along those lines.

in the hearld sun yesturday i think it was, they had a article about the fact Mr Baldy (as he is called by police and media) was placed in a house near a school and the house was right near a school bus stop and the neighbourhood wasnt told about him moving there at all and many of the neighbours have children.and they didnt know till it was in the paper and he had been relocated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Noodle
    And even the not-so-innocent.

I don't agree with Meagan's law. If you're going to let people out of jail, then ffs let them get on with their lives. If you hold them up to be hounded from town to town, getting lynched wherever they go... how the hell are they supposed to go straight?

I can see very little good and a whole lot of bad coming from this.
    child sex offenders rarely are reformed on release

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think we should know there is one in the area not know exactly where though.
    As for them living near schools etc I know there is one living across the road from a little country school in direct view of the playground.

Thanks
    Reviews
    makes you wonder who chooses the houses they put the offenders in doesnt it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like I say - if we're that certain they'll reoffend, they shouldn't be free to roam. Either you let them go, in which case you give them the same rights as anyone else, or you keep them under control.

A legally-backed underclass of ex-convicts, nailed into a role of second-class citizens, with only partial rights and protection... is a terrible idea. Put people in a hole they can't ever climb out of, continue to harrass and abuse them, but leave them free to act, and you have a recipe for disaster.

And as Draught says - should a 17/15 statutory rape case be demonized to the same level as a predatory child molester?

And yes, the guy that got abused in jail has *every* right to claim - wasn't the whole point of his imprisonment a statement that our society will not tolerate sexual abuse? What the kind of message does it send if we only do anything about it if we approve of the victim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like any crime - there are always those released because they have convinced the right people that they have been rehabilitated, when in fact they are manipulating them and the system as much as they manipulated their victims. Being dishonest goes with the territory - so that to me is the scariest part of it all. The fact that a known offender can have the ability to con those surrounding them into thinking that they have been rehabilitated when in fact they are intent on committing those same crimes - if not worse, when they have been released. As much as you would like to take their word on it until there is a way to 100% garrauntee that they will not reoffend we can never be sure.

I don't think the site wuld stop people from being vigilant..if it does then those people are idiots, because it's not just the known offenders that you have to be wary of, but those who are yet to commit as well. But again I do not think that personal identification should be given out, just the degree of danger in these areas.

I agree with Draught in the fact that the system used to regulate offenders in America is SERIOUSLY flawed. If there was to be a similar type of thing brought into use here, then they would have to go over it to make sure that the same mistakes aren't made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nemosmum- the article you are talking about was in the hearld sun today apparently the guy has walked out with over $100,000 i cant remember the exact amount but ti was over 3 times the amount of compo the guy's victim got when they did a bid for compo.