+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Those with recent BFPs... what was your embryo stage/grade at transfer? Please help!

Hi ladies,
    I had a 3 day transfer today and it was a bit of a bummer... out of 9 eggs, 5 fertilised and 3 were too fragmented to use or freeze. The other two were 'not great' and 'okay' and transferred in today. I've tried to stay positive throughout this cycle but feeling pretty crappy now, especially as I was really hoping that (for once) we could get a frostie or two.
    Would greatly appreciate it if anyone with BFPs could let me know how many cells their embie was at transfer and what 'grade' it was... just so that I can try to be as realistic as possible going forward about our chances...
    Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aimeed - I know it's hard but try not to think about the quality at day three, it's still very early and even scientists admit they are guessing based on what they know. I know I had 7 embryos returned (day 2/3) and of all of them, the two that looked the worst were the ones that gave me a chem pregnancy the others were 'textbook perfect' and didn't even give me as much as a chem preg.

My successful cycle was a blast transfer, and it looked good at transfer, but she also told while I was sitting there that I had about 3-4 good looking blasts and few stragglers which could go either way and she said she wouldn't have put her money on in the early days, turns out they froze 8 blasts because the stragglers caught up beautifully. So stay positive, this could be the one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aimeed, I don't have a 'recent' BFP but I can tell you that I had poor eggs, and poor embryo's- all D grade and highly fragmented. They were too poor too freeze so we transferred them all three cycles, one lonely embie the first time, and two embies in subsequent cycles.
    I have a 4 month old beautiful son from one of those poor higly fragged embies.
    He was a d3 ET too.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki and Backflip - my heartfelt thanks for taking the time to reply to my post... feeling a little better now after reading your stories. Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aimeed - I was going to tell you about Backflip as she is the poster girl for this kind of thing but i see she has already been here.
    My embies are generally always fragmented, i have done 8 cycles as i never get to freeze any eggs, they just aren't good enough. Our son (6yrs) was a day 2 embie, fragmented. This little miracle we have onboard was by far the best embie we have ever had, Grade A, no fragmentation. I do Antagonists cycles as well as a ton of acupuncture.
    Good luck with your little one on board. Everyone is different so don't panic about what quality your embies are as miracles do happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aimeed, I don't know if this will mean much but this is a pic of my DS at d3, over 30% frag, 5 cells and poor quality:

This is him 8 months later:

and this is him now:

Certainly nothing "poor quality" about him now.
    Just keep in mind, the scientists have no idea how good or poor quality an embie is from a natural pregnancy...

It can happen, I hope this is the one for you xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amum, I know how heartbreaking it was to be told my eggs/embies suck, so if I can help someone not feel so bad and keep positive by a story of hope then that is a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BF - he looks absolutely perfect. My clinic said that no matter how fragmented an embryo is, if it makes it to a pregnancy that baby is just as healthy as any others. Your little boy looks adorable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say thank you again, I know I sound like an emotional wreck here, but I just find it so sweet that the three of you would go to the effort of replying and putting my mind at ease a little. Brings tears to my eyes actually - I'm not normally this unhinged! Backflip - your little boy is absolutely gorgeous! Well done
    I really went hard with the acu, vitamins and herbs this time too.... so I suppose I just have to try to stay as positive as possible for the next (looooong) two weeks. Thank you all so much!