+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Faint Line? Should I get excited or disregard it?

Hey Guys!! I trust you are all well...

Ok so heres the thing. (Im new to all this by the way, so I dont really know all the abb. that is used in this forum)

This is my first month of trying to conceive with my husband. I purchased a MaybeBaby, I know the days I ovulate. Im due for my periods on the 12th, since ovulation I'v done like 8 pregnancy tests LOL (seriously) as I'm soooo impatient.. I know it was way to early to detect the hcG however I found that out once I did all the testing.

Yesterday night though as usual, I did another one and noticed a very faint line... extremely faint though.

This morning I did another one, again faint line. It's the first time I used crystal clear.. I was previously testing with AssurancePLUS.. let me tell you, it didn't assure me at all..

For the pass wk though I havnt been feeling myself. I'v had sore breasts, light bleeding, iv been heaps tired, loss of apetite VERY MOODY! and im so bloated... Everyone I tell though (including doctors) doubt everything I say.. ''Its way to early for any symptoms'' is something I hear regularly.. They also doubt me because of my age.. I'm 21 which in my opinion is not too young to have a baby.. Im getting so sidetracked!! Sorry about that guys.. My question was could this faint line indicate pregnancy?

Thanks you heaps in advance!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like Congratulations are in order to me!
    My first test was a faint line.
    The 2nd test the next morning was a very very faint line.
    We now have Jadey baby

P.S My understanding was that there any line, no matter how faint is a positive
    Last edited by MumNeedsCoffee; 07-12-2009 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    any line that has colour and is there within the time frame is a line..

so if you do the test, and the line comes up no matter how faint it would most likely be positive..

as for symptoms, my 1st i had ms from conception and was also told by drs it was too early for symptoms... until i went back 2 weeks later

hold off and test in 2 days..see if its darker

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissyBee,
    Ha ha you sound like me - I did 8 pregnancy tests & the lines were faint because I was just pregnant. Had blood test done at dr's and yep Im pregnant!!
    Congratulations to you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always tested way too early and I get the very faintest pink line that I can hardly see and it always turns out to be a positive pregnancy test. So it might be good news for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A line is a line, whether faint or strong

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I had literally just started ttc when I noticed I had very sore breasts so did a test a few days before my period was due and got a faint line. And a faint line is is still a line! Esp. if you've had more than one faint line, so obviously isn't just a dud test. Congrats :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    As PP said, a line is a line. However dont get too excited yet until your Af doesnt show. At the beggining of this month i tested four days in a row from 9days past ovulation(dpo). And i got faint lines on all of them, the darkest line was 3days before my AF was due, the next day it was faint again. Then my AF showed up like normal, it didnt stick

Im not saying this to make you scared or anything but just be aware that it still is early.

Other than that, Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews

Default .......

Thankyou all for the rapid response..

I just did another test this time I used confirm+ and nothing came up at all.. no faint line.... completely negative... I'm going to lay off the testing till and if my periods are over due.. its so frustrating!!!!

Thankyou all again

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried the first response tests? They have been great for me with both and you can use them 5 days before AF due

Good Luck