+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone done assisted hatching and do you walk out of the theatre after transfer>

Excuse me I am a bit ahead of myself, I am due for EPU tomorrow but I have done one transfer before with BFN. There are 2 things I am thinking for this coming transfer.. (um.. ahead of myself) One is assisted hatching, I am tempted to do this, just want to ask anyone here who has done this and will appreciate if you would share your experience.. second is last time after transfer, I had to get up and walk out the theatre..I was just worried the little embie will fall out, I know theoretically this shouldn't. Do you worry about this Can I ask the clinic to do differently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    K2Chat - can't help with assisted hatching, but don't worry about emby falling out. I always thought lying there for a bit would help, FS says there's no evidence to proove it helps - but look at it this way, the uterus is like a jam sandwich, once the emby is transferred back there it won't come back out, it just needs to 'swim' around a bit to find its home. They should be guiding it by doing a scan to ensure they get the catheter as close to the lining as possible. Transfers are very much like having a pap smear only difference is they are putting something back there - good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi K2

Good luck for tomorrow, I cant help with your query about assisted hatching as I have no experience of this. But I wanted to re-assure you about your embryo transfer, I had mine recently and like you was really afraid of it 'falling out' and I wasnt happy about having to get straight up afterwards. I was literally up about 30 seconds after he put it in! I then walked down the corridor like a dead duck walking really strange but the truth is, I think its impossible for it to fall out. Ive heard people describe it like a poppy seed in between a jam sandwich! The only thing you may want to check for or insist on is a transfer using guided ultrasound as I have read that if they do the transfer without using an ultrasound there is a very small chance it could end up in the wrong place if they push it out too quickly ie your fallopian tubes. As my FS didnt use an ultrasound I was a bit concerned (especially having paid so much money, I didnt think it would take that much longer for them to use one and honestly believe everyone should just to be more precise, no harm eh?) however I have my bloodtest tomorrow but I already know im pregnant so even though I got up straight away and didnt have guided ultrasound it still worked for me! So try not to worry Good luck.

Lindsay X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to you both! I noticed Kismet has already BFP and Lindsay pockted one too!

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.. I was thinking I would demand to be wheeled out of the theatre after transfer just like after EPU. I don't mind being labelled as paranoid... since it takes so much to get there at transfer. I am just not sure I will have the courage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    K2Chat - My clinic gives you a wheelchair out of the surgery to a waiting area, but by the doctors own admission it's more for the patient's peace of mind than for any medical reason. The embryo can't fall out, and on the cycle I got my BFP I went home, worked the rest of the day and then went out for a cycle the next day and every day after that. Best of luck for your transfer