+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I too don't want to offend. But DO NOT go to Ravenswood. Nice ares include: Prospect, Kings meadows, Newstead, Trevallyn, South and West Launceston, Youngtown, Riverside.

My DD is almost 6 months I have to find a mothers group here myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too don't want to offend anyone but I would avoid northern suburbs eg Ravenswood, Rocherlea, Waverly type areas... but it all depends on what you want. You will find that rent is cheaper in those areas. Invermay could be a good middle ground between northern area and city? It is in good walking idstance to the CBD but would not have a high instance of "trouble"...... more expensive areas are West Launceston (kind of bad bus service though), Trevallyn (reasonable bus service in lower Trevallyn)..... Kings Meadows and Youngtown are a bit futher away but good bus service. Kings Meadows has its own shopping centre and little shops so you don't have to go to the CBD as much. Most areas have playgroups and child health centres. If you will be after a doctor maybe try and find one early cos a lot of them have closed books and it' shard to find one when you need one suddenly. Oh and on that note there is a good naturopath here http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/therapist/6383 (our family goes to her). Hope you find a place to live that you like and are happy and comfy in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u so very much for telling me!!!

Its hard to get an idea of an area over the net, we will start looking straight away in the suburbs you have all suggested, I am very grateful

Hope to be there soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminium View Post
    If you will be after a doctor maybe try and find one early cos a lot of them have closed books and it' shard to find one when you need one suddenly. Oh and on that note there is a good naturopath here http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/therapist/6383 (our family goes to her). Hope you find a place to live that you like and are happy and comfy in!
    I didnt even think of that! Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have finally arrived! Our funiture is in transit so we had to take a rental extremely quick... I tried my best to get into the suburbs suggested but couldnt get many viewings to fit in with my furinture arriving. We got to see two places in our price range ($260), one in Trevallyn, I loved the area but the house was very low quality... carpets with holes, kitchen falling apart, even the bathroom had masking tape holding some of it together! So we had to take the other which is in Mowbray, I can see the difference in the suburbs, we are luckily moving into a quiet cul-da-sac with elderly neighbours so hopefully it will be fine, though we will be looking to move when the lease is up maybe to longford...

Thank you very much for all your help girls, I drove through Ravenswood, and I can see why you said to maybe choose somewhere else, it just had a different feel to the other places we went in Launceston.

We move into our little house on Wednesday and are happy with it, we have room for a vegie garden and its a neat little place.

My little monkey is 1 in 2 weeks and would love some friends to play with, maybe we could do a trip to the park sometime...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey there
    I go to a mums group in Launceston thats open to everyone on a monday at child health city in town if anyone is interested, its good for small children not ready for playgroup and mums to talk to other mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you made it safe and sound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by launnie mum View Post
    hey there
    I go to a mums group in Launceston thats open to everyone on a monday at child health city in town if anyone is interested, its good for small children not ready for playgroup and mums to talk to other mums.
    Awesome thank you! I What time is it on, I will try and make it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I am a real newby, where abouts is the Child Health city?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry I have been away

ok it on Mondays from 10 to 12 at city child health which is really hard to find lol but any way its in york street just up from elly mays coffee shop and just down from the coffee shop called lets eat cake its on the second story you go in a foyerer and from memory there is a lawyers is down staiir but there is a little writing on the wwindow out the front that says womens health