+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also i should say that allthough i love being a mum, i hate being reffered to by anyone other than my kids as 'mum' ugh can't stand it. Being a mum is important and wonderful and all of that i just really dislike being treated like it's the total sum of who i am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I have discovered a new rule that is not in the list (someone correct me if I'm wrong and it's already there):

Single Mums are not entitled to privacy. Ever. If you ask someone to look after your child or if you ask to change arrangements with FOB, you MUST give all details of where you are going, who you will be with, what you will be doing and why you cannot take your child with you. FOB/babysitter can then evaluate whether your request is for a legitimate purpose or whether you are just "going out to enjoy yourself" which is not allowed and therefore the request must be denied.
    Omg that is so true!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similarly, if you are ever spotted by the father of your child wearing a newly purchased item of clothing for yourself, you must instantly provide receipts outlining the cost and place of purchase.

Should they betray that the clothing was a first-hand buy, from any store other than the local Op-shop, this is reasonable grounds to assume you are in fact loaded and to exempt your child's other parent from child support payments for the next 6 months.

At such time your circumstances will be reviewed, and should it be assessed that you are living in sufficient levels of poverty, your payments will be reinstated.
    Last edited by MermaidSister; 17-09-2011 at 10:35.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MermaidSister For This Useful Post:

laurea  (17-09-2011)

StienTheBean is offline Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I really enjoyed this. Loved it.

Also would like to add:

#As you're a SM, if your children have special needs, you obviously drank heavily and / or took drugs during the pregnancy.

#If you are still single after many years, it's highly likely that there is something very wrong with you and no man will have you.

#If you state that you're a Single Mum in a forum post, letter to a magazine or newspaper, in fact anywhere, you're turning into a personal ad. and obviously trawling for talent. It couldn't possibly be that you are merely stating that you parent all by yourself.
    Last edited by StienTheBean; 20-09-2011 at 18:18.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StienTheBean View Post

#If you are still single after many years, it's highly likely that there is something very wrong with you and no man will have you.
    Oh yes! Boy do I get sick of it. My own mother told me she had 'given up' on me. And I constantly got asked at my brother's wedding if I hoped to get married some day. They did not like my answers....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Oh yes! Boy do I get sick of it. My own mother told me she had 'given up' on me. And I constantly got asked at my brother's wedding if I hoped to get married some day. They did not like my answers....
    I'm curious to know what your answers were if you care to share?

STB i couldn't agree more. It sh*ts me no end how we we are considered untouchble if we don't have a man. What exactly are they good for again? I can't remember. The real question should be what have the men in her past have done that has made her *want to stay single in the first place*.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

StienTheBean  (22-09-2011),VanityFey  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ana Gram, I'd love to know what you said too! My brother's wedding is coming up next year and I am already cringing at the comments I am going to cop...

Usually I would respond with "nah I prefer to sleep around" or something similarly offensive to shut them up...

StienTheBean is offline Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Ana Gram, I'd love to know what you said too! My brother's wedding is coming up next year and I am already cringing at the comments I am going to cop...

Usually I would respond with "nah I prefer to sleep around" or something similarly offensive to shut them up...
    I would say the same

QUOTE=laurea;6082484]STB i couldn't agree more. It sh*ts me no end how we we are considered untouchble if we don't have a man. What exactly are they good for again? I can't remember. The real question should be what have the men in her past have done that has made her *want to stay single in the first place*.[/QUOTE]

I have two special needs kids, though one doesn't live at home now. DD is 18 and DS is 6. I don't have time for a relationship. Can't be bothered with the "You don't have any time for me (DH)" "Well I would have time with you, if you'd help out more" conversation. I don't want to deal with the ex wife issues. I've been there. My mum remarried. Not doing it to my kids.

Whilst out and about I thought of another one:

#As you're a SM, with special needs children, don't expect help or support. *See earlier comment about possible consumption of alcohol or drugs during pregnancy*. You got yourself into that situation, so you have to deal with it. Suck it up. For married's with SNK's it's just bad luck, so the community should rally and offer support.

#If you have more than one special needs child to care for, well that just speaks volumes doesn't it? How could you do that to your kids? You're clearly an incompetent parent. Why haven't they been taken away from you yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    #As a SM if your children have special needs, don't think for one minute that you are entitled to help or support. You got yourself into that situation and so you should just learn to deal with it. It's not about the health and wellbeing of your special needs child/children. If you don't like it, you should have kept your legs together. For couples, it's a struggle and we can help your child / children reach their full potential.

#If you become chronically ill or disabled, we know you're just faking it for handouts. No one is fooled by your mobility aid or tremors. The fact that you look like cr@p fools no one. It's definitely caused by drug use and / or drinking. What?! You're not faking it? Must be caused by an STD then because we all know SM's are total ******.

#So you're a SM eh? Do you know who the father is?

#Men should stay away from SM's because they're the kind of women who get pregnant. Single women without children don't.
    Last edited by StienTheBean; 22-09-2011 at 20:52.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StienTheBean For This Useful Post:

laurea  (29-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if my previous comments appeared to others. On the UCP it says they have but when I look they're not there. Wanted to edit them, but can't see them.