+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just looked at this for the first time in ages and I laughed so much. The rather odd rule I have had repeatedly pointed out, by one person in particular, recently is along these lines:

- Your life cannot possibly be okay, or even bearable. You MUST be living in mountains of regret over having your children and in constant envy of childless people and married parents; as a single mum, obviously you realise the irrepairable mistakes you made in the past and that your transition to single parenthood has ruined your life. You are well aware that you will never be able to do the things you wanted, and you pine every day for the life you could have had. Of course, any love or sense of purpose that raising children provides to other people does not apply to you, as the mere fact of being single cancels it all out.

Ie., as a single mum you cannot possibly be happy or truly glad that you had babies at all, like partnered people are expected to be- because without a man, it means nothing.

Of course, the answer is simple- find a new husband/partner ASAP and you will be fulfilled as a woman and a mother!

I don't get it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidSister View Post
    I just looked at this for the first time in ages and I laughed so much. The rather odd rule I have had repeatedly pointed out, by one person in particular, recently is along these lines:

- Your life cannot possibly be okay, or even bearable. You MUST be living in mountains of regret over having your children and in constant envy of childless people and married parents; as a single mum, obviously you realise the irrepairable mistakes you made in the past and that your transition to single parenthood has ruined your life. You are well aware that you will never be able to do the things you wanted, and you pine every day for the life you could have had. Of course, any love or sense of purpose that raising children provides to other people does not apply to you, as the mere fact of being single cancels it all out.

Ie., as a single mum you cannot possibly be happy or truly glad that you had babies at all, like partnered people are expected to be- because without a man, it means nothing.

Of course, the answer is simple- find a new husband/partner ASAP and you will be fulfilled as a woman and a mother!

I don't get it either.
    it's unbelievable, isn't it? I get the opposite - "oh well aren't you lucky at least you have your DD!"

At LEAST?? Isn't she enough? Oh yes that's right I must be miserable, lonely and unfulfilled without a man in my life to treat me like cr@p... Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump bump bump!!

So funny, and sadly true.

The real truth is, single mums rule the world!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eMBe For This Useful Post:

free_babe5  (09-06-2013),shelle65  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bump bump bump!!!

All the single parents well done!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I became separated from my husband 5 months ago our baby was 7 months at the time, his choice. First child support payment I joined the gym (have now lost all baby weight) and got botox for my crows feet (something i never imagined on doing) but hey thanks hunny total jerk ! bub dosnt do without at all she's got beautiful clothes, a savings account, lots of love from my family and cousins her age, so she dosnt go without a thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    one Ive found over the years.
    youre desperate for a partner, so desperate it must mean youre going to try to steal long term (male) friends from their wives

happens ALL the time, Im like dude, I got rid of my **** I dont want yours

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (05-11-2014)