+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though you say you'll be back from maternity leave on a certain date expect that none of your colleagues (or payroll) believe you. Because apparently extended unpaid maternity leave is SO MUCH better than paying rent and bills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If your boss forgets to pay you that's ok, you don't really need the money, we work because we want to once we have kids, not because we need to :/

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    If your boss forgets to pay you that's ok, you don't really need the money, we work because we want to once we have kids, not because we need to :/
    My Boss does this ALL the time and its INFURIATING! Sometimes I just wanna yell "Do you think I leave my crying daughter at kindy because enjoy the guilt, and at the end of the week I love being as poor as I was when I started it!

GRRR!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about -

Why should you get Centrelink benefits when I don't? So what if my hubby earns squillions, I still need to pay my house cleaner!

Or -

You're so lucky you rent. I wish I could rent so I don't have to pay my mortgage. (this from a woman that's never lived in a rented house all her life)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianx View Post
    How about -

Why should you get Centrelink benefits when I don't? So what if my hubby earns squillions, I still need to pay my house cleaner!

Or -

You're so lucky you rent. I wish I could rent so I don't have to pay my mortgage. (this from a woman that's never lived in a rented house all her life)
    lol I've heard both these.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rule # __:

If you enjoy work then you mustn't love your child/ren. Because *everyone* has the ability to be a SAHM for at least the first year. What's wrong with you?

Rule # __:

You are only working because you made poor financial choices. Why should your child suffer for your idiocy?

*sigh* But this thread has made me feel better

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    really good thread, how about single colleagues rolling eyes their eyes when you mention you got to leave an hour early cos you got to pick your kid up or when you apply urgent leave bcos he swallowed something he wasn't supposed to. not everyone has the luxury of being SAHM. this thread has indeed made me feel better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When your kids get sick, everyone will just say, well that's because you have them in daycare. Even if its an appendix or something that has didley squat to do with going to day care.

A single income is somehow always a struggle and a double income isnt. Even if the single income is 150K and the double income is 2 x 45K.., plus childcare costs plus 2x transport costs, but dont we know how hard it is on a single income?

(last one not referring to single parents who work obviously, I have nothing but admiration for them)
    Last edited by soccer mum; 19-01-2015 at 06:06.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

Ra Ra Superstar  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, and only the babies of stay at home mums wake up at night, apparently. I have actually had this one from somebody at mothers group 'you dont know how hard it is to have to get up 6 times a night..." really? the magic fairies in my house get up to the crying baby do they?

And also "it must be so much easier to be able to dump your kids at daycare 5 days a week than having to look after them..." Yep, cos I don't run myself into the ground making sure we have quality time together outside daycare hours (which DH and I stagger our days by the way to make it shorter) and have zero for me and actually made myself really sick because of it. Its not like, you know, I have to do anything stressful at work at all. Works a party right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    'If you can afford to work with 2 or more kids in daycare, you must be rich' when they havent bothered to learn how daycare fees actually work (sliding scale based on income)

Said by well-meaning SAHM friend "you seem really tired, why dont you take a few weeks off work and go on holiday".... gee, why doesnt your husband take a few weeks off work and go on holiday? Oh, because his work actually needs him? Funny how being a mum suddenly makes your job less important than if you were a dad hey..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

Ra Ra Superstar  (19-01-2015)