+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LOVE THIS THREAD!! I m going back to next month and will choke anyone who spouts this to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do not ever say how the house gets on top of you. Ever. Remember the echos of all those who say "If I worked I would have a cleaner every day" and if you choose not to that's your problem. Of corse we don't need the money, it's just extra spending money.

Yep had that conversation recently. Yes I was working 35 hours a week, bjt as a single parent, centrelink takes 40% straight up, the tax still comes out like everyone else, and I still had to pay after school care as t a very expensive childcare place.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Overtime (unpaid of course we are in a recession still!!) is still expected of you, Steve from accounting gives up footy training once a week, you should follow his lead. You don't love your child anyway otherwise you would be at home taking care of her.

I got the "she is too young to be in day care" comment the other day, I took it as an offer to pay my bills while I stayed at home. I am lucky that my state manager is a working mum so she understands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you work as a nanny, be prepared to be asked when your going back to work... Even in an interview... So let's be clear, raising children - even someone else's in exchange for money - isn't a 'real' job.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OOh a new one I heard the other day - working mums receive more in CCR than they pay tax HEHEHEHE. So we contribute NOTHING to ANYBODY, not like when we were SAHMs, we were raising children... now we're just completely worthless. We don't raise our kids properly, we contribute no tax (because, of course, we all receive huge amounts of CCR that is capped at an insanely small amount compared to the child care fees we ACTUALLY pay).

Our kids are also dumber. And fatter. Even though the studies say otherwise, none of us have time to cook proper meals nor help our kids with their homework. We're too busy driving our Mercedes, going on holidays and leaving the kids with their nannies.

What's my kid's name again?? I've forgotten

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (13-02-2012),soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't for one moment think you deserve to ever have time alone to shop, clean mow, have lunch or finish a coffee while it's still hot. You gave up that right when you chose to use daycare for work when you could have used it for leisure. Break? Work is our break, dincha know?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

August2013  (10-10-2013),soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    OOh a new one I heard the other day - working mums receive more in CCR than they pay tax HEHEHEHE. So we contribute NOTHING to ANYBODY, not like when we were SAHMs, we were raising children... now we're just completely worthless. We don't raise our kids properly, we contribute no tax (because, of course, we all receive huge amounts of CCR that is capped at an insanely small amount compared to the child care fees we ACTUALLY pay).

Our kids are also dumber. And fatter. Even though the studies say otherwise, none of us have time to cook proper meals nor help our kids with their homework. We're too busy driving our Mercedes, going on holidays and leaving the kids with their nannies.

What's my kid's name again?? I've forgotten
    Omg that's a new one! I pay $250 In tax a week and get $25 ccb. I can see how I get more ccb that I pay in tax

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

Benji  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow loving this thread.
    I'm sure the large unwritten rule is "If you return to work you are automatically selfish and ignoring your child's needs."

I was told this by a co worker when I said I was going back to work after bubs was 6months old. Stunned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Rule # 999999

Year 5/6 information morning is on Monday 9am to 10am, surely you can go to work late just that one day

There is no reason you cannot pay the your music tuition bills in person on Tuesday morning b/ w 8.30am and 9.30 am, you surely can go to work late just that one day

School information morning for years 3/4 are on Wednesday 9am to 10 am, surely you can go to work late just that one day, this is about YOUR child's education after all

There is no reason you cannot go to school assemblies on Friday Mornings from 9am to 10am You can surely 'just' go to work late that one day...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (15-06-2012),soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following on from the previous post...

Your child's interhouse swimming carnival is on at school, and the race your child is in will be on between 11 and 11.30 so surely you can leave work for a while to watch it. Your child makes the interschool swimming team. Surely you can step out of work for an hour to make sure you catch that race.

Same goes for athletics.

Just that once...