+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like taking a couple of these every other day and using them as Facebook statuses!

I've been off on maternity leave since May and am going back to work at the end of January..... and I'm looking forward to it.

So if that hasn't already been turned in to a rule already, I'd like to add it.

Rule # ___ : Wanting to, and willingly, going back to work does not mean you hate your kids or that you don't like spending time with them. It simply means that your particular personality needs that extra bit of stimulation that a work environment can provide. It's a personality trait, not a mental problem :lol:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatalieG For This Useful Post:

JR03  (02-12-2014),soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus_Slime View Post
    Rule 21:
    Your child didn't go to kinder...?
    Teachers at school give you strange look when they learn that kid has gone to kinder at creche, and responds,"Oh, I see."
    This is so TRUE! The same thing happened to me when my DD started school a couple of years ago. The teacher replied with "but she didn't go to a real kinder?" I said "Yes, her kinder program was done at day care."

Her teacher still classifies DD as not attending kinder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just had to revive this thread in case any newbies haven't read it yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be a working mum and am now a stay at home mum. I worked 25 hours and organized the house whilst hubby worked full-time. I hated it when hubby came home and would ask what I had done with my day. Um wasn't it obvious with the clean house and my paycheck coming in as well? He certainly noticed when i stopped doing stuff around the house lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yeah lettabean but as a working mum, you're house is likely to be spotless anyway as you are never home and / or you can afford a cleaner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    heh heh go lettabean!

bumMum thanks for bumping this thread, it's always been one of my favourites

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You are not allowed to complain about the cost of school holiday programs if you want to work...

If you don't want to pay for school holiday programs then just take a few weeks holiday and look after your kids yourself

If you don't want your kids to go to OSHcare then just cut your hours and just go home and be with your kids

You working mums just can't haven't all you know...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh yes WCM - the good old "mothers can choose their own hours and get special privilidges" nonsense! Pfffff.

I've also found that because I am a mother, I have the ability to split myself into two people. I CAN be at work at 7 am AND drop DS off at school at 8.30 am. Totally possible according to collegues, boss, friends, etc There is no "hardship" being a working mum - you're a mum, if you work it's not to support a family, you work to buy luxury cars, pearls, and pay for cleaners *tee hee*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I wish I had time to read this whole thread thoroughly but sadly I am at work and too busy copping snide comments about the fact that I didn't come into work on the public holiday yesterday (oh ok then, I will just leave my 4 year old at home alone then shall I??)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hehehe what a fun thread!

Poor DD, who's going to break it to her that she's screwed? lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

fiddlesticks  (29-12-2011)