+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I love this thread - I haven't even had bubs yet but I have been anticipating all these remarks with everyone asking me how much maternity leave i'm going to take, returning to work etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thread, just hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 28, Do not disclose what your husband does for a living, cause 'if he has that job what are you doing working ??'

You know we brought a small house, we own both cars outright (which are not new, 92 model to be exact, 18yrs old) and I dont have designer clothes, but you know bills need to be paid and we have to eat (which is my income). But my husband must make sooooo much money we must be loaded and if we arent then we are bad bad money ppl.... SOO NOT TRUE !! He makes an ordinary wage and I make up the rest. GRRRRR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iamwomenhearmeroar For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    These rules are quoted directly from an email I received from a SAHM "friend"

Rule no 31?: "SAHM take great pride in facilitating the growth and development of their children's potential by providing extra curricular activities" Of course working mothers don't really care about their children. And these types of activities could not possibly be provided by daycare.

Rule no 33: "SAHM do it all out of choice and love they believe in the value of their parenting, and don't need to prove themself in any other field" Of course, because we work it is not possible that workiing Mums love their children as much as SAHM!

Rule no 34: "SAHMotherhood the most important job in the world to a woman and my family" It will never be recognised that feeding and clothing and providing for your children is up there with the most "important job in the world" What about the poor working Fathers to the SAHM - is their role in the family so valueless?

See previous rule: Only SAHMs have well adjusted children with high IQs because of their parenting choices. "...the ancient style of parenting, and so far so good, we have secure and well adjusted children with exceptional IQs and advanced development for their age" My son is also well adjusted with advanced development and high IQ - nothing to do with the variety of activities, stimulation and social interaction he receives at creche!

See previous rules: Working Mums are working because they put self-interest before the welfare of their chlid "Money and self come last in my world" Apart from the requirement for paying the bills, there is no recognition that a working mother is expressing her love for her children by recognising that a full-time frustrated and bored SAHM is NOT a better mother than an intellectually stimulated satisfied woman!

Rule 35: If a working Mum attempt to comment on a SAHM choice or (god forbid) differ from the SAHM point of view she will be accused of looking down her nose at stay at home mums
    "I hope you take time to smell the roses you've planted and quit looking down your nose at stay at home mums"

Yep, my "roses" are blooming just fine thanks! All the comments above because I dared say I didn't know how a SAH mother of four did it all (it was supposed ot be an expression of admiration!).

There is no doubt that working motherhood is tough. I was recently asked on job application my greatest achievement to date - I replied "Working full-time, studying Law part-time and toddler wrangling all at the same time!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rafida For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOVE this thread!

I went back to work when my son was 3 months old!! 3 MONTHS OLD! I have been at work for majority of his life ... but you know what ... he doesn't know any better AND he still loves his mum and dad just as much as my nieces and nephews love their SAHMs and dads.

I have been lucky enough to not encounter any negativity to my working full time - but i do know it is out there. I am lucky also in the fact that my boss is a working mum and understands the importance of needing flexibility. In my previous job my boss was a high flying corporate professional who yakked at the thought of children - worst kind of boss ever!

so THANK YOU working mum's for making me feel loads better about what I have no control over! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    rafida

Maybe email back the "Rules for Working Mums" and she can see the double edged sword you have to battle with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    please let me share with you my recent breakthrough with SIL, who i do love dearly but used to drive me insane with her comments about how my house was always a mess, my DD stayed up too late, i was so disorganised, etc. i work 4 days per week (5 during busy times).

SIL recently went back to work 2.5 days per week after 6 years as an SAHM. in a recent conversation she kept saying over and over again: 'omg i'm SO tired. i have to drop the kids early at school, then after work i've gotta run all over town picking them up, then by the time we get home they're really tired and cranky, and there's no dinner made, so i have to cook dinner and try and feed them while they're feral and then they wont go to sleep coz they're overtired and then i can't sit down coz i have to do the laundry coz it hasn't been done coz i've been working and there's nowhere to sit down in the lounge room coz there's piles of washing everywhere to be folded and omg i'm so TIRED!'

you'll be glad to know that i made lots of understanding supportive noises and i restrained myself from yelling 'HA! now do you SEE?!'

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquarius For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (02-11-2011),soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ahhh Aquarius - I am so glad you were supportive... *snigger*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im no longer a working mum as of the 1st July, but I had the best laugh reading this!

I worked 5 days a week, and can so relate to it all! My kids are 9 and 11 ... I copped years of "you should be at home with your kids".. got worse when I became a single working mother... what a horror I was! How dare I even think about continuing to support my children and their lifestyles. I should have pulled them from their sports teams, their school. I should have gone to live in public housing (its for single mothers out to rort centrelink by having babies right?), put the kids in a well known low income school and sat back and complained that the government don't give me enough money to support my kids along with my smoking, drinking and drug habits that I would have had to take up to fit in.

Ironically, now Im "slack" because Im not working!

You cant win!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Ahhh Aquarius - I am so glad you were supportive... *snigger*
    *snigger* i know check out my halo