+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule29

You should be available for after work drinks and also for any faculty dinners which occur at 6pm in the city. Taking part in these social events promotes good relationships in the workplace.

What the??? And who is going to pick up my kids? I dropped them off at 7.30am and would much prefer to be spending time with them than all you people who I have already spent all day with. And no I don't feel like a beer, I am still breastfeeding!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jalibali For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is soooo good and true!!! So glad i read this before i return to work next week while im leaving ds and dd in childcare. I get those comments from customers and workmates all the time!!!!!!!

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hope you know some of us (and I think MOST of us) are just darn glad your doing what you want to do!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalibali View Post
    Rule29

You should be available for after work drinks and also for any faculty dinners which occur at 6pm in the city. Taking part in these social events promotes good relationships in the workplace.

What the??? And who is going to pick up my kids? I dropped them off at 7.30am and would much prefer to be spending time with them than all you people who I have already spent all day with. And no I don't feel like a beer, I am still breastfeeding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soexcited View Post
    I actually had someone say to me today, I can't believe that you leave him in daycare all day (no, you're right it would be heaps better if I left him at home by himself) and when I said he smiles and is happy when he sees the lady I get told well it must be because he gets left there all day so she is like a mum to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by QTB View Post
    we have a 40 odd year old guy at work (hes gay) and hes very against mothers working. women in general actually. women are there to provide for men. no other reason. they should be at home. or working doing stuff like house keepers/cooks etc for men who "need to work" he was nice until he found out i had two young kids, now he hates me lol
    god what is WITH these people??? what planet do they come from???

we had a discussion about women's equality at my workplace recently and they were saying how if a man leaves work early to get his kid from school/daycare, everyone goes 'ahhh isn't that sweet, he's such a hands-on dad.' but when a woman leaves work early to pick up her kid, they're all like 'she's not committed enough' or 'what a slacker' or 'what a nuisance she's leaving early, she's obviously not pulling her weight!'

has anyone read the book 'i don't know how she does it' by allison pearson? it was recommended to me in another thread by another bubhubber, it's a fictional story about a working mum but SO true! it's very funny

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rule 30:
    If you are a young working mother, it is because you can't be bothered to make the commitment to your child because you are young and only interested in your career.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teley For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avany View Post
    Rule 30:
    If you are a young working mother, it is because you can't be bothered to make the commitment to your child because you are young and only interested in your career.

also please refer to

Rule 16 If you are 'young' and a working mum, you are dumb and should have waited to have kids till you had more money

Young women just don't get it, you just CANNOT be a good mother AND have a career - those terms are mutually exclusive

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Young women just don't get it, you just CANNOT be a good mother AND have a career - those terms are mutually exclusive

I'm not a young mum. But you know what - we could if society had any interest in helping us. I waited to establish my career - I had a wonderful supportive boss. . . .who was promoted wile I was on Mat leave. Since then the company has screwed me every which way it can. It's been such a disappointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rule 16 If you are 'young' and a working mum, you are dumb and should have waited to have kids till you had more money

Rule 17 If you are 'older' and have kids, you must have been dumb with your money when you were young and waited too long to have kids

Rule 18 Expect that if you don't like your job and dare complain it's actually 'cos you secretly envy SAHP's

Rule 19 There are lots of jobs for mothers b/w 9am and 3pm, you just aren't looking hard enough
    Loving this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 7. Teachers do not ever get that sending home a assignment about re-building the Taj Mahal in toothpicks cannot be done with only 24 hours notice, in fact the teacher already checked with your boss and that is intentionally the same evening that he's asked you to do some overtime.
    Rule 7, clause 1 - except for the Teachers who are also working mothers and who totally get that this is not only a pointless activity, but also give reasonable amounts of time for work to be completed at home, and try to communicate effectively with parents so as to not clash with work commitments.

Rule 7, clause 2 - Teachers who are also working mothers will learn to smile politely at all the parents who drop their children off and flippantly remark "I don't know how you put up with all of them..." or "You must be looking forward to a break over the holidays". ...Yes, that's when I get peace and quiet and put my feet up. No, wait, what was I thinking? .... that's when I balance spending time with my own children and plan all of my work for the next term. As a teacher I get far too many holidays, why should I actually rest on one of them?

Rule7, clause 3 - Teachers who are also working mothers need never sleep because although they only get paid for 25 hours a week, if they dont work at least 50 hours a week they will never keep up with the paperwork and marking, and then they will be told to "make a choice" between being a parent and a teacher. True story.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to leilani07 For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)