+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 8 months pregnant with two school aged children I was told to have fun on my 'baby vacation' because apparently I'm going to be relaxing and having a ball for 6 months. Not only am I even more sleep deprived than ever, I still have to get the kids up for school and entertain them during school holidays. What's that saying 'i'll sleep when i'm dead'?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymummy View Post
    Rule 1a - You get money from the government to put your kids in child care, so don't even think about complaining about the cost.
    This is so true!.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 5. Sick leave needs to be saved up for when your kids are ill, not YOU. You are expected to soldier on.

Rule 6. No, you cannot ever have leave during school holiday time, that is ALWAYS reseved for Steve in Accounting who goes skiing that time of year...

LMAO!!!!

Im a working mum of 3 year old twins - this is all so true - but especially rule 5 - oh yes the times ive crawled in on my death bed because I feel guilty if I have to have a day off for the girls - and Ive taken 2 yes 2 days off this year sick both for when the girls were ill - I have 180 hours of sick leave accumulated - but yet still feel guity

and rule 6 - soooo true - my girls start prep 2011 and wont life get interesting - can relate to the steve in the accounting rule - mines a ***** who ALWAYS gets Xmas for caravaning!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Feel free to add to the rules - the rules are subject to change without notice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (02-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    rule 9 - be prepared for any issues your children encounter to be attributed to the fact that you are a working mother - see my thread re my twins under developmental issues - colour reocigntion in 3 and a half year olds - on discussing the matter with the director of my childcare centre yesterday she said to me and I quote - "at least over the xmas holdidays when you and your husband have time off work you can spend some quality time with the girls working on their colour recogntion" - how infuriating - we have zero family support network - we both work 4 days and give 200% to our girls with no help what so ever - on the days we do not work the girls bake - go to the library - do craft - try different public transport - get free play - go to the playground - go swimming - the list is endless - but yet I am made to feel that because my girls cannot recite colours in their care environment I am have somwhere gone wrong by the fact that I work !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pom04 For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    pom04 I've had similar comments

Rule 9a - Anything in life that your child achieves is in spite of the fact that you work - your child is just lucky...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    ROFL - too true.

If your child is delayed or struggling (or even average) in any aspect of their development, it is obviously because you work and dont spend enough time with them (and worse, put them in oh-so-nasty daycare how could you)

but if your child is advanced, or skilled at anything, you are so lucky that you have a gifted child that can learn from anyone and you dont need to spend time helping them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 10- Staying at home and going into bankruptcy/living just above the poverty line is WAY better for your family than leaving your child at daycare 3 days a week with nasty childcare workers who will be cruel to your baby while you're not looking.

I think the current thread in the General Tips/Advice section asking why some women 'chose' to be a SAHM is a good example of some of these rules.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Angiepop For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Rule #11: You don't work because you need money. You work because you want to live a lavish lifestyle. Go out and buy your BMWs and mansions because that's all you care about. You don't really love your children, that's why you have them "raised" by child care.

Children are free to raise, didn't you know!! Lucy from down the road only spends $10 per week on her child, why can't you?

Rule #12: You never spend time with your child/ren. That's why you go to work - to avoid them. The fact that you love your weekends with them and take them out often, take them on holidays, read to them every night, cuddle them to sleep means nothing. You're not really raising them - if you don't homeschool your efforts mean nothing. Oh yeah, your kids hate you too... for working!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 13 - Accept the sly digs and constant innuendo that you are working because you want to, and you could have chosen to stay at home - there is no such thing as a mother needing to work, it's because you didn't work hard enough to, or save enough, or that you are no wise enough with money to manage to stay at home.

Rule 14 - Should you be a single mother, you will have no choice but to become a Working Mother once your child is 6. The children of single mothers have no right to a SAHM, simply because they are the child of a single mum. Only children of partnered parents have the right to a SAHM once a child reaches school age.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (06-10-2015)