+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    demeter is offline Breastfeeding since 2008, tandem since 2010 (Free Breastfeeding Support: 1800 686 2 686)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leisa21

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Had to share something funny, my twin sister who is openly unsupportive of feeding past 6 months went into a parents room with me the other week and while in there after changing Cammy he wanted a feed, so i went to a booth thingy and there were 3 or 4 other ladies there all feeding wee little bubs. My sister asked me later on, 'how do you feel about being in the parents room feeding the biggest kid there?' I didn't hesitate and i said, 'it makes me feel proud'! She gave this upturned face and went uh.. really... well i think he's way too old for it... I think it's great so to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demeter View Post
    That's cool, PD, I bet it was more common once upon a time. Does your granddaughter not attach without a piece of your daughter's clothing? How does your daughter feel about it? It's something I would be really thrilled to give to a family member or friend/would be touched if someone would do for me
    No she has to be able to smell my daughter or she's not interested.
    My daughter was no way!! to start with but when crunch time came we had no other choice. She has never seen me bf bub, only been when she is unreachable and no ebm left. She hasn't been fazed just glad I could soothe an upset bub. Her bf was not happy though and asked could I not just express and give to her in a bottle but she never really fed long before going to sleep so think it truly was more comfort then nourishing. He's not the dad so luckily has no say either way
    I know it's a societal thing and I should feel proud I can provide bebahh milk, but I don't it does feel wrong some way and I don't think I will be doing it next year when my daughter resumes school as bub is well no longer a wee wee bub. I did feed her at a meeting once and nearly died at the stares I got even though I asked if it was ok and would have left the room if not, took all my nerve to go to the next meeting, without any babies.

Vee...huge sweet lady you keep right on boobie feeding as long as you and the wee man want

My wee man was in ICU not long ago and the two other ff, independant sleeping bubs around the same age both came in in same condition as Dyl but ended up intubulated and on iv. One bubs lung collapsed and was so scary watching them get him breathing again, was no time to put a screen between us. I am sure because I spent the entire week in the bed with Dyl and was able to keep him calm and fed with breastmilk went a long way towards him getting better without this same extreme (albeit highly necessary and life saving) intervention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    PunkyDiva: you don't want to offer your boobs in Brisbane, do you?

My son has been drinking more than I've been expressing at work this week, and the freezer is almost bare.

I guess I'll just have to express after every feed over the weekend, and take more fenugreek.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, how come my boobs still have plenty of milk but have become saggy baggy things on my chest again ?? Sooo not fair, I want my big bebahhs back

Maybe I could start a business "have bebahh milk will travel"

Saw the best slogan for a Tshirt the other day... I make breastmilk, What's your superpower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I saw that on a forum signature once. It's funny, but true. Lactating still amazes me.

I don't know if breastfeeding gave me any reprieve from being saggy. Sigh.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!!
    Does anyone else's DS/DD do the nipple tweaking thing? He feeds from one side and HAS to be tweaking/rubbing/fondling the other nipple. It is driving me insane!! I can't stand it! It makes me squirm just thinking about it, yet it is eveeery feed. I push his hand away or cover my other nipple with my hand (I'm usually semi-naked as I feed him in bed so everything just kind of flops out when I lay down) and he screams and cries and carries on. It makes me think about weaning him as it is honestly making me DREAD feeding him. But I don't want to wean him I just want him to stop touching my nipples!!

EDIT: Should have read back BEFORE I posted this. 2 pages ago jabberjaw and Maire having the same problem!!
    I had thought of the knitted breasts (from mother's direct) but not sure that would work.

I'll let you ladies know if I come up with any magical solutions. Maybe I could put a bandaid on the unused boobie!! hehehe
    Last edited by Mrs Molly Coddle; 15-12-2009 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lambkin: I think they are hard-wired to tweak.

I know it's uncomfortable, but what about a bra? My son's a bit lazy, so he only tweaks if it's available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what a great thread.

My dd is weaned now but fed until she was 4. I instigated the weaning really as she would still be going. actually she did have a few second suck the other day just to prove to me she did still remembre how to, but guess there really was no milk left.

i have found weaning so bittersweet. On the one hand I was ready, on the other hand I know how much she loved it and I sometimes regret imposing it on her, even though it was a very gentle gradual weaning.

plus I miss being in groups like this one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I have another nipple tweaker here, is it a boy thing ?? I give him a squishy ball to squeeze helps sometimes.