+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still feeding my 15 month old DD. went though a phase recently when she started pushing me away but she's been so comforted by Bf while being sick lately. So glad I've kept going

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm pretty sure our breast feeding journey is at an end. Dd1 is 27 months and last night asked for some warm milk in a sippy cup. I feel like I weaned her by offering her warm milk in the morning but I was finding tandem feeding a little hard first thing in the mornings - just feeling a little overcrowded! Feeling a little sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd alternated between breastmilk and cow milk for 6 months or so (i was also tandem feeding) before she stopped breastfeeding completely. If you are ok with continuing, you can offer and see what she says. Otherwise, it might be a good time for you both to stop and celebrate your awesome breastfeeding journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi im not sure if I can ask this question here... I hope someone can help me. My DD is 16 month old and mix feed with lacto free formula milk. We changed milk due to her loose bowel. Recently we switched to a regular formula milk still mixed feed with bm. And she frequently had loose bowel. Then last 2 days ago i stopped giving her breastmilk to check if there would be a change in her bowel. And yes, her bowel is no longer soft. Should I stop giving her bm? It totally breaks my heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiebowaus View Post
    Hi im not sure if I can ask this question here... I hope someone can help me. My DD is 16 month old and mix feed with lacto free formula milk. We changed milk due to her loose bowel. Recently we switched to a regular formula milk still mixed feed with bm. And she frequently had loose bowel. Then last 2 days ago i stopped giving her breastmilk to check if there would be a change in her bowel. And yes, her bowel is no longer soft. Should I stop giving her bm? It totally breaks my heart.
    You're probably better off posting a new thread in the mix feeding support section
    I don't understand the problem. There's nothing wrong with soft stools, breastfed babies usually do have soft stools. Why would you want her to have hard stools?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You're probably better off posting a new thread in the mix feeding support section
    I don't understand the problem. There's nothing wrong with soft stools, breastfed babies usually do have soft stools. Why would you want her to have hard stools?
    Well, I am expecting that at her age her stool should be hard not watery since they are eating more solid foods. I would not worry if her stool is somewhat like peanut butter consistency. (sorry for the stool description). Probably that is the reason why i post it here because of the age and if watery stool is normal? Or I am becoming worrisome? though she poops one or twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In general mums worry too much about poo consistency. Obviously in the case of severe gastro/diarrhea or constipation this is appropriate but generally the more important thing is, is baby (mostly) happy and are they growing. If the answer to those questions are yes and yes then you probably don't need to worry too much about what's in their nappy. Having said that I didn't quite catch your description of what actually IS in the kids nappy. You're saying it's runny right? How runny? Like yoghurt? Or water?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping I can still post here and get some feedback! Aghh I'm at ropes end feeding my now 28 mth dd, I think I've had enough! I'm feeling very touched out and every time I'm feeding her I have to pull away for a break, its involuntary my body just wants to pull away! She fights me on it, wanting boob back, though sometimes she'll be ok with it. I have to breath through it, try and zone out to stay there.. I'm also feeding my 5 mth dd. I've mentioned to dd1 that mummy needs a break, that she eats lots of food now etc etc, I feel terrible pulling away from her so often, and at times (during the night especially) im very frustrated with the whole thing and am not Polite about it. I've found a technique to end the feed that's gentle too, I'll hug her into me and kiss her forehead until she lets go, this worked well, but not if she's tired or grumpy. Aghhh, I don't know what I'm looking for, has anyone else felt this way?? I'm worried I'm making her feel rejected. I'm hoping she'll stop feeding of her own accord, but I didn't want it to be on bad terms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Dreamer. Great job feeding both your bubs! My suggestion would be to try setting some clear limits for example decide on the feeds you enjoy the most (maybe the morning) and cut the ones you hate the most (like night). Put a time limit on feeds with some kind of timer. Make sure you give bub notice. A few days is good. Too short and bub won't be prepared. Too long builds too much anguish. Once you've decided on your limits stick to it. This is what I did. I decided no milk at night so I said no milk from bedtime til the sun comes up. You could make it any time though. Eg no milk after lunch. I use a music box that goes for 15 minutes and say milk until the music stops. Find something or set a timer that suits the time frame that suits you. A timer that you can adjust is good and kids have no concept of time so you can change it without them knowing. Good luck. Also when you give her advance notice make sure you sell it like it's a positive thing. Don't say sorry or tell her you're sad. Say isn't it exciting how grown up you are now you only need milk for ten minutes ( or whatever)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    Hoping I can still post here and get some feedback! Aghh I'm at ropes end feeding my now 28 mth dd, I think I've had enough! I'm feeling very touched out and every time I'm feeding her I have to pull away for a break, its involuntary my body just wants to pull away! She fights me on it, wanting boob back, though sometimes she'll be ok with it. I have to breath through it, try and zone out to stay there.. I'm also feeding my 5 mth dd. I've mentioned to dd1 that mummy needs a break, that she eats lots of food now etc etc, I feel terrible pulling away from her so often, and at times (during the night especially) im very frustrated with the whole thing and am not Polite about it. I've found a technique to end the feed that's gentle too, I'll hug her into me and kiss her forehead until she lets go, this worked well, but not if she's tired or grumpy. Aghhh, I don't know what I'm looking for, has anyone else felt this way?? I'm worried I'm making her feel rejected. I'm hoping she'll stop feeding of her own accord, but I didn't want it to be on bad terms!
    I can so remember this feeling. I tandem fed for quite a while (in fact was feeding 3 at one stage) and it is a BIG ask.

I told my boys that sometimes Mum just doesn't want to breastfeed, and they did begin to respect that after a while. When I was ready to end a feed, I would do what I called the "Boobie Countdown" which was me counting slowly from 10 - 1 and then I'd say "Bye bye Boobie!" and they knew that was it.

I think it was fun for them, as they would count with me (funny them trying to count with mouth full of boob!) and it would get them ready to pop off and stop. Seemed to work really well when they knew the drill.

Also helps them to learn their numbers lol.

I think it is so normal to feel grouchy about breastfeeding, and it's part of natures way of beginning the weaning I think. Totally normal, and totally natural. You really do have to set it up so it works for YOU as well as for your children, otherwise the relationship can start to become a bit negative, and we really don't want that. Boundaries are really important, being honest with the children I found worked really well, I'd say "No, I'm in a bad mood right now, and I can't breastfeed while I'm grumpy" "Or I'd say I need some space to myself right now, and offer some food to them instead or a really nice quick hug, depending if it was hunger, or just comfort they were wanting.

Hang in there, if you can get the balance right,it's an awesome thing, but also, you know, sometimes it is just not right any more, and there is no problem weaning if you want to.

All my boys fed until 5 yrs, and I just said to them one day "No, no more" they were NOT going to self wean!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (06-07-2014),Msbecb  (06-07-2014)