+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglepuss View Post
    So its about time I joined this thread DD is almost 19mths and shows no signs of weaning anytime soon. I heard a rumour that if bubs hasnt self weaned by about 15mths, then we are in for the long run. Is there any truth to this? DD has also become obsessive about playing with the other nipple while feeding, which I am led to believe is a way of increasing my supply? Love to hear your thoughts
    DS does this too and I was actually thinking the same thing..that it's probably helping with supply. Clever bubbas they are! Lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissRose1 For This Useful Post:

wigglepuss  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    12mths today!! Sadly the comments started a month or so ago though regarding when I will wean BUT when I saw the mchn on Friday and mentioned we are still breastfeeding, she hugged me! Said she was so happy to hear of mums who continue for extended periods of time. Made my day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay MichelleK. Happy Birthday to your daughter, happy Birthing day to you, and Congrats on reaching 12 months. Plenty of time for your daughter to stop feeding later, you are providing all the good stuff she needs now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

michellek  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I join in too ladies? I am still feeding my almost 14 month old DS and no plans to stop yet!!! So handy at the moment as he is sick and it works wonders for settling him in the night when he's awake coughing. I can't really believe I've made it this far as sadly I only made it to 6 weeks with my first son. Feels like I've achieved something great!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well it's time for me to say goodbye to this thread! I am in the process of weaning 2.5 year old dd it's for the both of us really although I still cried . She's doing well so far but still cuddles into them at night and has to have one hand down my top. I'm proud of myself for getting this far! Yay to all the mums and bubs and good luck to everyone xxx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (04-04-2013),michellek  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I think i forgot to post. I force weaned my three year old. He didn't put up a fight or argue too much, so i think it was time for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Hoping I can join this thread, i've only just found it! I just posted a new thread in this section (before i saw this one) so will copy it here for some advice please:

Hi Ladies
    I am hoping for some advice here, wondering if this is normal: DD has recently turned one and is still BF, been on solids since 6 mths. She has at least 3 feeds usually 4 a day usually after solid meals (3 mains & a snack), i'm wondering is this too many breastfeeds? Most people i've spoken to are saying she should be on only 2 or 3 a day. She is only a little bub and doesn't eat much solids but loves the boob, although in saying that she is slowing picking up and eating more lately.
    I'm starting to feel the pressure from my mother, my baby nurse and society in general to be weaning and bf less but am not sure what I should be doing? I've tried introducing cows milk in a sippy cup but she keeps spitting it out, she will only drink water out of a cup. I'm scared to start cutting down on the BF's cause she is so light (only on 5% percentile) and worried she wont get enough food and be hungry.
    I do enjoy BF still and want the weaning process to be gradual (over 6mths?) but am not really sure how to go about it at this stage.

Any advice? Feel a bit lost and losing confidence lately, I dont know anyone who has BF for as long.

TIA
    YY

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi YY, our little girls must be about the same age. Dd turned 1 3wks ago.

We are much the same, exclusively bf until 6mths then started on solids (purees in the beginning but found myself moving towards blw pretty quick as purees were doing my head in!)

We have just cut out our 4th 'snack' about 2wks ago. It was pretty late in the afternoon and was slowing getting later and later. Now she has 3, morning after waking, after her midday nap and before a bath at night.

I don't have concerns with her weight (she is on the 50th for weight but well, well above the 97th for height) and she eats anything and everything so not the same boat as yourself but I would think we are still a long way off dropping to 2 feeds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by YinYang View Post
    Hi everyone
    Hoping I can join this thread, i've only just found it! I just posted a new thread in this section (before i saw this one) so will copy it here for some advice please:

Hi Ladies
    I am hoping for some advice here, wondering if this is normal: DD has recently turned one and is still BF, been on solids since 6 mths. She has at least 3 feeds usually 4 a day usually after solid meals (3 mains & a snack), i'm wondering is this too many breastfeeds? Most people i've spoken to are saying she should be on only 2 or 3 a day. She is only a little bub and doesn't eat much solids but loves the boob, although in saying that she is slowing picking up and eating more lately.
    I'm starting to feel the pressure from my mother, my baby nurse and society in general to be weaning and bf less but am not sure what I should be doing? I've tried introducing cows milk in a sippy cup but she keeps spitting it out, she will only drink water out of a cup. I'm scared to start cutting down on the BF's cause she is so light (only on 5% percentile) and worried she wont get enough food and be hungry.
    I do enjoy BF still and want the weaning process to be gradual (over 6mths?) but am not really sure how to go about it at this stage.

Any advice? Feel a bit lost and losing confidence lately, I dont know anyone who has BF for as long.

TIA
    YY

Hi YinYang congrats to getting to the 12 month mark!
    Honestly I would just do whatever feels right... My DS who is almost 18 months still has at least four breastfeeds a day (...and lots more overnight). We did BLW from six months and it's taken him a long time to get into solids. He has three meals a day, though I would still consider breastmilk as his main source of nutrition. He just loves it so much, and I can see how much it benefits him (helps calm him, put him to sleep, etc) that I couldn't imagine decreasing his feeds. Like you I've felt pressure from my MCHN and others, but as soon as I realised to trust my instincts and DS cues then I realised how simple it all was = if DS wants BM then he can have BM. I'm sure your DD will feed less in her own time and when she's ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I am still bf my 19 month old dd and am currently 16 weeks pregnant...so I'll be looking out for some tandem feeding advice hopefully!

YinYang - my dd was still having 4 feeds at 12 months and I too started to feel pressure from people to drop feeds. I'm glad I didn't do it but I did often worry I was unintentionally weaning by introducing morning and afternoon tea. Dd dropped to only 2 feeds at around 16 months but doesn't seem like giving those up any time soon (for which I'm glad). Don't let others opinions sway you. Do what feels right for you. I really don't think 4 feeds sounds like a lot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (09-04-2013)