ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yay Me too! My dd will be 12 months in just a few days and is still a boob baby we did have the gp suggest I need to quit it now lol.. I just laughed and said tell the baby then.. she isn't down with that plan..
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hiya I'm going to jump in too if that's okay? DS is almost 14 months just wanted to ask if anyone found their bubs had a lack of interest at this age? We normally feed to sleep but lately he has stopped feeding quite quickly and prefers to cuddle to sleep, he has only been having a feed morning/noon and night, occasionally overnight and they seem to be getting shorter everyday and I think if I didn't offer he wouldn't be that fussed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    Hiya I'm going to jump in too if that's okay? DS is almost 14 months just wanted to ask if anyone found their bubs had a lack of interest at this age? We normally feed to sleep but lately he has stopped feeding quite quickly and prefers to cuddle to sleep, he has only been having a feed morning/noon and night, occasionally overnight and they seem to be getting shorter everyday and I think if I didn't offer he wouldn't be that fussed
    My Ds is 2 , at that age he would nurse morning, bed time and over night

He was busy exploring the world,
    I remember thinking he was going to ween early.

Now at 2 he nurses *sometimes* morning, most evenings, I refuse over night unless he is sick or distressed as he was at a point 3 months ago of nursing every 1.5-2 hourly
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Birdy View Post
    I'm wondering if any of you ladies have a drop in supply when you get your period? I started another thread but I thought some of you might be able to help? Any advice about what you do to combat it would be gratefully received.
    I do, I have had Af since lo was 8 months, that week was a sh!t nightmare when Ds was younger, he would bite me in frustration at the lack of let down.

Now at 2 he is uses to it.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, can I jump on board too?
    Ds2 has just turned 1 and we're continuing the b/f journey.
    Down to morning and evening feed and somethimes, when nothing else will settle him, overnight as well.
    He happily takes the boob, so no sign of stopping yet!
    I am currently on Domperidone as I noticed a dramatic decrease in my milk supply just a little over a month ago.
    Has anyone taken it later in their breastfeeding journey as I have? Supply seems to be improving, but not sure where to go from here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jumping on this 3 year old thread... Cool how it resurfaces
    I'm still demand feeding my 20 month old DS. He's fed before during and after his afternoon nap and also fed to sleep at night and during the night too if he wakes. Add in one or two during the day and it's quite full on at times.
    I've always enjoyed that special bond it gives us...time out Just for the two of us.
    I definitely hope to continue til he's two and then maybe wean (*sad) just so that AF can come back to normal so that I can try for another bub. I'm dreading that day...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're still going strong at nearly 2.5 years!! I'd thought of doing cold turkey weaning at two but we're going down the gently slowly road and it seems to be working ... For the most part he now only feeds to sleep, and I can now tell him 'its all finished' if he wakes and wants it but that's getting less and less now ...

I've gone from a kid who woke hourly for nearly 18 months to a kid who mostly sleeps through, I NEVER thought it would happen but it did! There is hope for those that have terrible sleepers ...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (13-06-2012),Kadorite  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think DS is beginning to self wean, he's only having a feed before bed and two in the night now, and I am offering the feed before bed if I didn't offer I don't think he'd want it. He's 16 months, I'm really hoping to get to 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you wondering about supply, have you tried fenugreek? Doesn't work for everyone, but it worked a charm for me at various times during my b'fing journey (both as early as 12 weeks when I got mastitis, to well after 1 year when I thought my supply was dwindling).

Its available over the counter at pharmacies, but not all stock it - I had to get them to order it in a couple of times. You jut need to make sure you're taking the right amount so it has an effect - I'm sorry but I don't remember what that was. I'm sure the Maternal and Child Health line could answer that question though, if anyone's interested in giving it a try

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't actually joined this thread yet...DS is 14 months. I love our breastfeeding relationship, we have a wonderful bond and it brings him great comfort. It has actually proven more beneficial than I could have ever imagined, as he has been diagnosed with a disease and the milk is really important in that respect (I won't go into massive detail). It also comforted him to no end when he was in hospital and I was so glad to be able to breastfeed him.

Unfortunately I have been receiving more and more comments about weaning him and a lot of negativity...it's annoying me, a lot. I don't know why my son breastfeeding is a concern for anyone else!

I don't have a set date that I would like to reach, we are taking each day as it comes...I don't see him weaning any time soon though