+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations MummaX! That is fantastic! What a wonderful Breastfeeding journey. You are an inspiration. And even though you have reached the destination on your Breastfeeding journey I'm sure you are still welcome to pop in to this thread any time you like. You would have many valuable insights for the rest of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr just had to vent! I think I said a few pages back that my in-laws are visiting from overseas at the moment. I was anxious about the comments I would get still bf my 15 month old and so far I haven't had any!! Until yesterday!! Something came up about dd's appetite an FIL had to go on about the fact that I have to wean her soon anyway so her appetite for 'real' food would get better. I don't have the energy to argue with people about my choice to bf until dd is ready to give up!! I don't understand why the most natural thing in the world is such a 'taboo'. Grrrr vent over!!
    On a lighter note, dd has just started the cutest thing where she chooses which booby she wants! If I give her the right one she says 'no' and points to the left! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!! newbie to this thread

MummaX you have done an epic job of feeding for so long.. you should be very proud!!

WannaBmumma I hear you... I too get the very negative comment about BF our nearly 20 month DD.. peoples jaws seem to hit the ground and they say the most insane comments... I also get sick of hearing.. "don't you want to go and get really drunk and enjoy yourself?" arggghh no - I find BF my DD more important than going and getting on the drink!

Nice to find this thread, I didn't know it existed!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello ladies! i'm new to this thread and haven't had a chance to read through all- but will do on my lunch break- but am so glad i have finally found you girls!

I have a DD, 23 months, who LOVES her booby and doesnt look like she will be giving it up anytime soon!

Will touch base again later, must go work now! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    OK, update.

So much for being scared for my supply in the early days. As it turns out I'm a great cow.
    My son doesn't drink milk at daycare (long day daycare 3 days a week) and I don't express on those days.
    He also doesn't drink milk at his fathers place, and he goes there for the weekend once a fortnight. So on those weekends he feeds on friday morning, then not again until monday night (attached to daycare). And I express only once or twice in the weekend.

He still feeds when he's at home though and doesn't seem to get too frustrated, although he will sometimes take both boobies when he used to only drink from one in a session.

I don't offer, and refuse around half the time. It's not making much difference though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot how much i love this thread!! Just popping back in to say DD (23 months) and I are still happily enjoying our BFing relationship and I hope when her little sister is born in May I can tandem feed them both!
    I have barely any milk left, but it doesn't seem to bother DD too much she still has 'boo boo' morning, before nap, and at bedtime, and maybe once or twice a day if needed
    She has started to show signs of weaning which although I am sad about if it does happen, I will be so proud that she chooses to move on by herself! That's all I've ever wanted for her from our BFing relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 19 month old won't get off me at the moment! He refuses to eat and only wants boobee! Has this happened to anyone else at this age, he is still fed on demand and I'm happy to continue, but come on I'm not a vending machine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    My 19 month old won't get off me at the moment! He refuses to eat and only wants boobee! Has this happened to anyone else at this age, he is still fed on demand and I'm happy to continue, but come on I'm not a vending machine!
    MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Sounds like my 23 month old at nights... she wants to use me as a dummy and sleep on me ALL NIGHT LONG! its a little exhausting to say the least

She goes to daycare 3 days a week and is fine all day without booby, but then the days she is home with me she wants it all the time...ARGHHHH!!!
    odd since we gave up day feeds almost a year ago, she has reintroduced them herself since november.

I love breastfeeding but need to cut back...this is just way too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    Arghhh my 14 month old is like this too, although he's eating too! It's insane ATM as at night I'm hardly getting a 2 hour stretch, but I must say it's been like this for a while now it's a bit crazy but I do try offering water and all that but if he wants booby then he wants booby lol. I'm just hoping it's a phase that he'll pass rather quickly... I know just how you feel about being a vending machine!!! And not to mention sleep deprived!

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk
    Last edited by proud-mum; 12-01-2012 at 21:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep. I've got a lo that has been feeding lots too. He did it most when he was unwell. He's backing off again now of his own accord.

He sleeps the night too (if you don't count the 4am cuddles and boobie but even that isn't all the time).